Need Help!! Carnival or RC

waznuski17

This October my wife and I along with my three kids (11,5,5) will be going on a cruise. We have narrowed it down to a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Dream, riviera deck,midship,, or a Royal Caribbean cruise on the Allure of the seas. The carnival dream is about $1500 cheaper..My quiestion is,,, Is the Carnival Dream a suitable ship for my three kids,, and also,, is the riviera deck that bad?? Please help,,we are first time Cruisers and there are way too many to choose from..THANKS!!!

Carnival is know for its fantastic kid's program! Once on a small Carnival ship, the Fantasy, there were just under 1,000 kids but we never really saw any, they were in the Kid's club. I've heard of kids crying because they don't want to leave the 'club' when mom comes to get them. They even have babysitting - for a cost- from I think- its 9 until 3 am! I couldn't believe how many kids were parading on Dr. Seuss day. (I can't spell) The Cat In the Hat lead the parade! There is a meeting for parents and kids in late afternoon on the 1st day

I don't know about the Oasis but that is a huge ship, much too big for a family or us!

It's your first cruise. Don't go for the biggest and fanciest. You will not get our money's worth on a first cruise of a week. It will take you that long to just explore and sample, without going off into the ports. The Dream is a very large ship and has plenty to offer. Even the smallest ship will seem huge to you as a first timer. I've stayed on the lowest decks many times. I have no problem with it. EM