Coral Princess Sanctuary

mmyorkston

We have used The Sanctuary on Grand Class ships previously and loved it. Sailing on the Coral in a few weeks, and can't find very much information about it or pictures of it. Can someone who has actually used it on the Coral enlighten me further.

Thanks.

It's much different than on the grand class ships. It's at the back of the boat and it truly is your own area. You have your own pool that you don't have to share with anyone outside the sanctuary. There is less shade but you can find enough. They have two cabanas that fit two people and are very nice so get there early.

I really liked the sanctuary on the coral. Much smaller but you are looking aft which is my favorite view.

We sailed on the Coral a few weeks back and like the previous poster said - it's very nice; at the aft of the ship; two levels; private pool; double cabanas and some shade but very quiet and relaxing. Nice being out of the rain and wind especially on an Alaskan cruise and the personal service is outstanding. If we enjoyed it in Alaska I can't imagine how wonderful it would be in a warmer climate! And, don't get me wrong - we like kids but wow it's great reading a book, watching the world passing by without the pitter patter of small feet.

I'm particularly interested in the amount of shade, as we will be going through the Panama Canal. Will have to carefully think through where we will want to be, if we are fortunate enough to book for the entire cruise.

We had the same desire. As mentioned elsewhere, there are 2 levels to the Sanctuary (well, 3 if you count the pool area that is a few steps below the lower level of the Sanctuary seating area.) The upper level is fully exposed to the sky, but it does have 2 covered cabanas containing 2 loungers each. There are heavy curtains on the sides of the cabana that can be drawn to help shield from the sun as the ship moves and the sun moves relative to the cabana. But, please note that these curtains do not close completely.

The lower level is approximately 1/2 to 2/3 covered by the upper deck and, therefore, there are a number of areas on this level where the loungers are fully shaded. There are also areas where the loungers are shaded for part of the day and in the sun for part of the day, again, depending on the movement of the ship and the time of day. And, of course, there are areas on this level that are completely exposed to the sky.

On the Coral and Island, you also have the option of the loungers around the Lotus Pool on Lido Deck, which is covered by a glass roof. This pool is designated as adults only, and the area tends to be very quiet.

Also, there are steamer chairs lining the outdoor Promenade on Deck 7, which is covered. Lots of places to enjoy the trip without the sun beating down on you.

I hope that's helpful, and that you enjoy your trip! :D

We sailed on the Coral a few weeks back and like the previous poster said - it's very nice; at the aft of the ship; two levels; private pool; double cabanas and some shade but very quiet and relaxing. Nice being out of the rain and wind especially on an Alaskan cruise and the personal service is outstanding. If we enjoyed it in Alaska I can't imagine how wonderful it would be in a warmer climate! And, don't get me wrong - we like kids but wow it's great reading a book, watching the world passing by without the pitter patter of small feet.

I have noticed mention of an adults only pool aside from the Sanctuary. Is this true? We are on the Coral in January, and don't know if we will use the Sanctuary, but the adults only pool would be wonderful. Celebrity has this and it was so nice. We love kids too, but ours are grown now, and we don't always like someone else's children hopping across our chairs!

Thanks.

I have noticed mention of an adults only pool aside from the Sanctuary. Is this true? We are on the Coral in January, and don't know if we will use the Sanctuary, but the adults only pool would be wonderful. Celebrity has this and it was so nice. We love kids too, but ours are grown now, and we don't always like someone else's children hopping across our chairs!

Thanks.

The Lotus Pool on the Lido Deck, just aft of midships, is also adults only (or was when we were aboard last spring.) This is a pool with a glass roof over it, so it's really an "in-door" pool. By contrast, the "Lido Pool", located just forward of midships on the Lido Deck, is not covered at all and is open to the sky, but is not adults only.

Hope that helps.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

For any folks concerned about a lot of kids on the ship, don't worry about that on the Coral Princess. These 14 day Panama Canal cruises that it's doing have very few children on it. Unless you're travelling around Thanksgiving or Christmas time kids won't be much of a factor on your cruise at all.

The Lotus Pool on the Lido Deck, just aft of midships, is also adults only (or was when we were aboard last spring.) This is a pool with a glass roof over it, so it's really an "in-door" pool. By contrast, the "Lido Pool", located just forward of midships on the Lido Deck, is not covered at all and is open to the sky, but is not adults only.

Hope that helps.

This is great - thank you for answering. We aren't going until January, but can hardly wait!

Thanks.

I am just off the coral, I did not go to the Sanctuary, but on our Panama canal cruise there was only 1 child on board, maybe the age of 5. So if your reasoning is to get away from the children, there wasnt any

I am just off the coral, I did not go to the Sanctuary, but on our Panama canal cruise there was only 1 child on board, maybe the age of 5. So if your reasoning is to get away from the children, there wasnt any

we only had 3 on our cruise....18 month....5yr old & 8yr old..(think I saw them maybe twice in 15 days)..I do believe because the cruise is sooo long & of course, w/school going on....you won't find many children on these Panama canal cruises(not to mention the cost):)

• 4 years later...
How does one pay for use? It is charged to your cabin account.

Must it be done in advance or can you decide on a daily basis if you wish to use it? About one half of the lounges can be booked for the entire cruise at a rate of $30/day. The others (and any not sold for the entire cruise) can be booked for a whole day for $40 or a half day for $20. On some ships the daily bookings can be done on board in advance of the day and on other ships (at least in the past), only on the day of usage. I do not know the current method on the Coral.

And can you reserve the cabanas or are they also first-come, first-served?

Thanks!!

see above in red

We booked sanctuary for our trip through the Panama Canal on Coral and were very very happy with it. We booked every sea day plus the canal transit day. We were the second ones to book and also wanted shady spaces. The other advantage is not having to pay extra for the day you go through the canal. We have found the service in the sanctuary to be exemplary. The tea service each afternoon is an absolute treat.

Get on the ship as early as you can. And run immediately to sanctuary in order to book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD