Carnival Breeze....lunch in Cucina restaurant

susan bt

It is very good. At lunch, they give you a table number on a little stand to place on your table, and each person receives a card with the menu selections for each category of ingredient for your dish. You choose what you want from each section, then take the card to the person by the grill area. They prepare it as your order is given---very fresh!

I chose bowtie pasta, pomodoro sauce (tasted freshly made!), grilled chicken breast strips, onion, and baby tomatoes. It was all tossed together in a large bowl. I also had the bread which was soft and warm. My sister also had the Caesar salad.

At first glance, you may not think you are served very much---your meal in one bowl. But trust me, that ends up being quite filling indeed! We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Our only "irritant" was that there was apparently a basketball tournament scheduled during lunch and guess what. The basketball court is directly over Cucina!! It sounded like they were going to come crashing through our ceiling! Other than that, we enjoyed Cucina for lunch very much.

P1290821.jpg.3cbc7a213db12155efc2b4797d61abb9.jpg

P1290824.jpg.4aec8a386d400fac8117d7f85099a107.jpg

Edited by Tennessee Rose

• 6 months later...

I know most people love Cucina. I love Italian food but this was the ONLY dissapointment we had on the Breeze. And basketball was above us too although that had no effect on the food. We just didn't care for it.

• 6 months later...

No desserts at lunch there. I am sorry but we have not seen anyone not like this place at all. We come from RI which is the Italian capital of the world. Best Chicken Parm we have ever had. Oh, I should say one on Federal hill was as good but was about $65.00 a plate. We love this place. I like it as much as Steak house. They also serve GF there too. Basketball is a pain in butt but no worse then kids acting like kids. We ate here a half dozen times for lunch and ate dinner too. We were on Breeze..

Next question- is this the kind of place you could bring food in with you? In other words if DH wanted the burrito bar but I wanted Italian, could he bring his burrito in with him and I'd order my meal so we could eat together? Or would that be tacky & uncomfortable? :rolleyes:

Or can you get Cucino food to go?

Edited by Shaded Lady

Next question- is this the kind of place you could bring food in with you? In other words if DH wanted the burrito bar but I wanted Italian, could he bring his burrito in with him and I'd order my meal so we could eat together? Or would that be tacky & uncomfortable? :rolleyes:

Or can you get Cucino food to go?

We have done this on the Magic, breeze and Sunshine. I love going to Cucina and DH does not. He gets what he wants from the buffet and then joins me in Cucina. There is a lot more room there, especially on the Breeze.:)

We have done this on the Magic, breeze and Sunshine. I love going to Cucina and DH does not. He gets what he wants from the buffet and then joins me in Cucina. There is a lot more room there, especially on the Breeze.:)

Perfect- I'll plan for that then! Thanks for the answer!