Does NCL offer "happy hour" or 2 for 1's

Cruisegirl6

I recently looked at our Dailies for the Dawn last summer to Bermuda. Then it was only 2-1 martinis. Others have reported on some ships 2-1 just about anything. Suspect it changes frequently enough.

I read somewhere that NCL offers 2 for 1 on cocktails a certain time, does anybody know what time this is offered? Is it daily...and what drinks are listed for 2 for 1's?

The Star Bar always had 2 for 1 martini's during the evening when the entertainment was playing on recent cruises I have been on.

Just got off the Gem and they had both 2-for-1 drink specials, 2-for-1 happy hour, and many tastings. HOWEVER ... the 2-for-1 drink specials (and the unlimited beverage packages) will be suspended during spring break.

Curious martini's for instance 2 for 1 what would the cost be? Also would it be two seperate glasses or one larger glass?

A few weeks ago on the Jewel, they had 2 for 1 drinks at one of the bars in bar city from 4-6 everyday. It was certain beer and only house brand liquors with one mixer, no multi liquor drinks. I'm not sure if martinis were included. My sister and I shared the 2 for 1's.

I had a pear martini (not happy hour) and it was $10 ish.

Curious martini's for instance 2 for 1 what would the cost be? Also would it be two seperate glasses or one larger glass?

It's 2 separate martinis for the price of 1. On the Sky, they required that both martinis be the same flavour. Not sure if that's true fleetwide or even if it's still true on the Sky. We were onboard in 2011.

On the Epic two weeks ago, they had 2-1 any type drinks from 4-6 almost every day in Maltings. Plus entertainment.

I have wondered about Maltings, as we didn't go there on our last cruise aboard the Epic. Does it only serve whiskey or does is also serve cocktails made with whiskey (like a Manhattan) or does it serve all types of drinks? When they have the 2 for 1 happy hour there, can I get a cocktail or martini? I ask because I am not a straight up scotch kinda gal. ;)

Carol

I recently looked at our Dailies for the Dawn last summer to Bermuda. Then it was only 2-1 martinis. Others have reported on some ships 2-1 just about anything. Suspect it changes frequently enough.

We were on the Dawn, Feb/3/13, they had 2 for 1 in The Pearly King's Pub,i think it was daily. Beer, highball's, not sure about wine, don't drink it , got real sick on it as a kid . :eek: LOL

Edited by Rounder

Took cruises on the Gem and Jewel and never heard or saw a happy hour. The daily would feature a $3.95 Bloody Mary during breakfast and a $4.95 margarita at one bar from 4 to 6 pm. I assume you have to ask each bar tender at each bar from 4 to 6 pm if they have a happy hour special. No harm in asking and the reward is cheap drinks. FYI, NCL breaks even on the cruise fare and makes their profit on alcohol sales, ship store shops and on shore excursions.

We were on the Pearl the week of 2/17 and they had 2 for 1 everyday in the Star Bar from 4-6 PM. House brands of liquor, beer, pina coladas, daquiris, rum punch, etc. were included.

~Joanne

A few weeks ago on the Jewel, they had 2 for 1 drinks at one of the bars in bar city from 4-6 everyday. It was certain beer and only house brand liquors with one mixer, no multi liquor drinks. I'm not sure if martinis were included. My sister and I shared the 2 for 1's.

I had a pear martini (not happy hour) and it was $10 ish.

We were on the Jewel 2 weeks ago also. My husband got 2 for one beers each night. I asked for a mixed drink and bartender said the same as you were told. He did tell me to watch for the Margarita Madness specials each night at the Moderno Bar. I got one each night for 5.00. There were about 6 different flavors. I liked the melon ones the best.

I was on the Gem in Dec as well as having just returned again this Monday so the 2-for-1 specials have been on for months (except they'll be suspended for spring break).

Margarita madness $4.95 from 3-5 pm

2-for-1 Happy Hour was 4-6 pm

2-for-1 Designer Martini's from 8-10 pm

$3 tequilashot with purchase of a beer

Oh wow great six flavors I wonder if I can get them at other bars for the same price. Sounds yummy

Still like to know how much the 2 for 1 martini's cost lol

Margarita madness was from I think from 5-7 at the Moderno....there was a guy there one night who was telling someone else about margareta madness at the pool in the afternoon. We dont sit around the pool so I am not sure what time that was.

• 1 year later...
Which bar on the Epic had Happy Hour

This thread is over a year old so most info may no longer apply. Ship specials change from ship to ship and even from one week to the next on the same ship.