The "MUST" pack on a cruise

Wooden clothes pins: keeps wet swimsuits secured to the clothesline in the bathroom, weighs down the bottom of the shower curtain so you don't get too molested, keeps open bags and packets closed, and is great for securing a note and tip someplace where the cabin steward can see it. Also makes an adequate binder clip for various papers (Fun Times, maps, shopping tips, coupons, etc.)

2-3 extra swim suits: Suits don't dry very quickly in the cabin, and I can't stand putting on a cold wet swim suit.

I have read on these threads that some power strips can be confiscated. We usually take a three prong extension. Gets the job done and does not require a lot of space. :)

I've heard that too, that's why I made sure mine was new and also a surge protector. Figured I had less of a chance of getting it confiscated and mine made it through no problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Binoculars, Lots of singles ( one dollar bills) for tipping,

under water camera, collapsable cooler, insulated mugs ( 2 for coffee and 2 for cold drinks), zip lock bags, books, magazines and DH.

If I had to list one must-have item for my cruise, it would be a good book or two. Love to read up on deck and also at night before going to sleep. I usually bring paperbacks and then donate them to the ship's library before I leave.

:):)

Must have items for me are my camera, extra memory chip because I intend to take tons of photos and videos, extra batteries, and my underwater camera housing. Plus a possitive attitude is a good thing to pack too.:D

Edited by Billzilla66

Power strip. I have a lot of stuff to charge.

We cruised out of Charleston Dec 30, 2011 and my power strip was confiscated :/

I had a letter that stated I would get it back the last night of the cruise. Needless to say, I never saw it again.

Along the line of Aloe Vera, I never travel without Solarcaine. It comes in an aerosol can and contains aloe vera and benzocaine topical anesthetic. It goes on super cold, and does wonders for sunburn. (As long as you dont have any allergies to ester anesthetics; because then you would be in much more pain!:()

I always take ear plugs, spray for the bathroom, a small fan (room never gets cool enough for me),bonine -just in case of rough waters, playing cards, extra glasses and sun glasses, small first aid kit and a roll of duct tape !! The duct tape has come in handy twice so far. Once at last minute to repair a hem and on another cruise to hold a suitcase with a broken zipper together.

Duct Tape! I'm addicted to that stuff. It's always useful, even in Fashion emergencies! lol

Must pack:

sense of humor

sense of adventure

laid back attitude

a big smile

lost of dollar bills for tips

Must not pack:

worries about anything-especially work

judgemental attitude

nitpickiness

an ugly frown

I love the wrinkle release, but somewhere I read all you need to do is fill a spray bottle with 1/3 liquid fabric softener and 2/3 water. Very cheap wrinkle release and works very well. I have been using it for about 3 years now. Wouldn't leave home without it.

just off the Victory and I saw some shipmates at one of the beaches eating fruit and other items they packed in tupperware that they filled at the buffet that morning...meanwhile we were sharing a $17.00 wrap:eek:

never thought of it but its light and you can put stuff inside of it, not a bad idea for next cruise!

Well at least with your $17 wrap you weren't breaking any laws.... In MANY ports it is ILLEGAL to bring meats, fruit and other unprocessed food into the country. So, be happy in the fact you're not a scoff-law.

Butterbean1000 I have read here and other threads where people bring snacks on the ship. I'm wondering with all the 24/7 food on the ship, why do you need to bring snacks? I'm not trying to be a smartiepants, but, why??

I don't really have any clue. I know when I'm craving potato chips on board I just call room service and ask for a plate of them to be delivered if the dining venues are closed. I guess some people are just too lazy or shy to wander out to the buffet and grab something. :D