can you bring soda?

iluvcruises

Celebrity website is silent on the issue of bringing water and soft drinks aboard, and no one has reported any limitations on the number of cans/bottles of same allowed on board. Maybe some lines limit you to a twelve-pack, but Celebrity does not.

We've brought two twelve-packs each, no problem. What we didn't finish, we left for the cabin steward. Have the cabin steward empty the honor bar fridge so you can keep your soda cool. Four twelve-packs won't fit, but we stored the excess under the bed with the luggage until they were needed. You can even put a luggage tag on your soda, but some have reported a missing can when they were delivered to the cabin.;)

I think we are going to pack ours in a Lands End canvas tote that is fairly large and put the soda and water in there so it all stays together. I got the packages but I want it for in the cabin.

Is it OK to just slap a luggage tag on a pack of soda or do I need to pack it in a bag? Getting ready for tomorrow! Thanks for your help.

We did this before our 14 night Caribbean cruise out of Florida last March. We bought a case of bottled water and two 12 packs of canned soda water. I taped the 12 packs together to make them like one case. I put a luggage tag on the water and another on the soda and left them with the porter. No problem. I've read a lot of reports on these boards from others who have done the same and I saw other cases of water or soda amongst the luggage checked at the pier as well.

Edited by Lsimon

I usually take one 20 oz bottle per day. I prefer bottles for many reasons, on of which is I can drink what I want out of it without the rest going flat. I pack them in a carry on (what we old guys used to call a Pan Am bag) so they don't go through baggage handling and get busted. Learned that the hard way. Once on board, I empty the soda and have a bag for dirty laundry.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Just returned from the Millennium. My sister brought caffeine free diet Coke on board as she was afraid she would not find any. She carried her can drink everywhere - restaurants, theater, etc. Never a problem. Just an fyi - Celebrity is now serving cafeine free diet Coke and Coke Zero - for those of you who can't live without these.

I usually take one 20 oz bottle per day. I prefer bottles for many reasons, on of which is I can drink what I want out of it without the rest going flat. I pack them in a carry on (what we old guys used to call a Pan Am bag) so they don't go through baggage handling and get busted. Learned that the hard way. Once on board, I empty the soda and have a bag for dirty laundry.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Where are you flying from? In Canada we are not allowed to carry liquids of any sort onboard, other than toiletries in 4 oz bottles.

• 5 years later...
Anyone know where I can find the details on the Celebrity website on what soda, water, wine we can bring onboard? I've looked everywhere... Thansk. - Nancy

I found the wine policy at this link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/all-pre-cruise-faqs

Q. Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

I can't find anything on bottled water or soda on the new site, at least not in the FAQs where I would expect it to be.