New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

Hi Celebrity,

When I go to www.celebritycruises.com, I get automatically redirected to www.celebritycruises.co.uk for some reason (I think it's the new site). However, I cannot seem to figure out how to get it back to the regular site with Canadian prices? I can't call Celebrity, because the only phone numbers are for UK residents, and not Canadian. Essentially, I don't think I have any way of seeing cruises or contacting you except via this medium or via Facebook. Can you PLEASE tell me how I can access my cruises and how I can search for cruises on your site in dollars?!?

This is extremely frustrating, and as a frequent Elite cruiser (approximately 30 nights onboard each year), I find this technical issue to be unacceptable.

I might get in trouble with the mods for this but the direct # for Celebrity reservations in the US is 1-888-751-7804, that is taken directly from their US consumer website. Hopefully they can help

I might get in trouble with the mods for this but the direct # for Celebrity reservations in the US is 1-888-751-7804, that is taken directly from their US consumer website. Hopefully they can help

Great! Thanks! It's better than the UK number which is all I have now.

I can see only pieces of our current reservation details. And, when I try to look at other cruises, I can't get passed the date selection. We are ready to check in, but I refuse to check in online. I'll be checking in the old fashioned way. Phone.

I can't believe (actually I can...that's just a figure of speech) that Celebrity would go live with a website that wasn't even close to ready.

They could have asked on this board for beta test volunteers and would had many passionate people giving them feedback.

In early January I was asked via email (because I am a Captain's Club member) to log into their beta site and respond to a questionnaire. I did that. At that stage they were looking for feedback on the appearance of the site. I don't know if/when they asked anybody for feedback about the functionality. I have sent them several emails with suggestions on needed fixes, but have no idea if anybody is reading those emails. However, bugs are clearly being squashed. The final fully functional product may not be esthetically pleasing to everyone but that is another story.

Stan

Just when I thought there couldn't be a worst cruise line website..... Celebrity stepped up to the challenge. It hit my browser today. It now takes twice as many clicks to get the same info. No within category selection may be good for revenues, but not for passengers. The site is difficult to navigate. Lots of pretty pictures but a lousy user interface experience. Just another reason to visit the TA websites.

I logged on again on my desktop PC yesterday to see if I could accomplish anything. Worked better on PC using Chrome ( I do most of my searching from iPad - maybe develop an X APP).

-Login certainly is hidden.

-when you do find it and log in, you should be taken to your Dashboard, but you are just static on a marketing page. That needs to be fixed.

- if you are in a booking to see available cabins/promos/pricing and need to go back - you are totally logged out and must start again.

-I have saved itinaries that I want to delete - no option for that,

BIG BATE/SWITCH ISSUE:

I was in a booking under cabin selection. In Aqua Class, the photo is for a Sky Suite, but the description is for the regular 194sqft cabin as is the selection by deck. An experienced X Cruiser knows, but if I was new and thought that is what my cabin looked like - PISSED! Big truth in advertising issue, Celebrity.

I feel for all of you trying to get pre-cruise stuff done - good luck!:mad:

Personally' date=' I prefer features that were on the old site and are apparently missing from the new site: I like to look at cabins by category and I like to select/filter my search by ship. I hope these features will be added to the new website very soon.[/quote']

Regarding search by ship, there's an icon that says "refine" . It's not obvious. Small font. It allows you to choose a ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've got the new site and am less than thrilled with it. I'm thinking it was designed for phones? I use a laptop and the fonts are huge and take up much of the screen.

Also, tried to get at the cruise planner for my upcoming cruise. Cannot access it. Click the link and nothing happens. Anyone with the new site know how to access the cruise planner?

I popped on the other day and it didn't recognize me at all. I tried changing my password, user name, etc. and nothing. Every single time Celebrity does something to their website it's a mess. For several years now they can't send anything to me because their is a glitch on their end. There is a security issue and I've asked IT about it and they never do anything. I had to get another email so I could get their mail.

When I finally tried again to log on I changed my info again and had nothing, so I added the reservation numbers we have and it did add them, but there is no way to see anything else about our reservation, except our cabin number. I have 2 cruises in my history and I should have 10 or so. They only reason I got anywhere was to use my Capt. Club number and even that didn't provide any more info. I'm no longer linked with my husband.

I am so irritated right now with Celebrity. This is a well known company with high standards and yet they continue to not be able to provide professional IT service or manage their web site correctly.

When I called the other day they were aware of the issue. The rep told me to try again in a day or too, so I waited. Either before or after waiting a day or two there was NOTHING on the web site saying "we're having issues". People just blindly try to get on, changing passwords, user names, etc. It messed up everything I had. If they knew they were having issues why didn't they shut down or provide a statement saying there were issues.

I'd be embarrassed if I was Celebrity.

I've got the new site and am less than thrilled with it. I'm thinking it was designed for phones? I use a laptop and the fonts are huge and take up much of the screen.

Also, tried to get at the cruise planner for my upcoming cruise. Cannot access it. Click the link and nothing happens. Anyone with the new site know how to access the cruise planner?

1. Log in.[upper Right corner]

2. Click My Account [upper Right corner]

3. From drop down, chose My Reservations

4. Select your reservation

5. When that opens up, select Manage My Reservation [lower right on the panel showing info about your reservation]

6. Chose your intended action from the drop down menus at the top.

Worked for me just now using a desktop using Safari 10.1 on OSX10.whatever

Stan

5. When that opens up, select Manage My Reservation [lower right on the panel showing info about your reservation]

Stan

Works for me too. Is it different? Yes. But once you use for awhile, it makes sense. I actually like the new website. We have 3 cruises booked and can access all information. Hope I didn't just jinx myself! Lol.

Works for me too. Is it different? Yes. But once you use for awhile, it makes sense. I actually like the new website. We have 3 cruises booked and can access all information. Hope I didn't just jinx myself! Lol.

I can make it work, but it takes 5 steps on the new site, where it used to take 2 or 3. Why is that an improvement? Also, when I'm shopping for a cruise, some are really difficult to find. If there is a cruise that sails on multiple dates, there's a small change date below the listed cruise. It's difficult to get the info. Once you find the cruise you want to look at, only the lowest category shows up before you click book now. If you want to go back because you want to see another cruise, you have to start your search again. Previously you just hit a drop down box to see the rates of all categories. The new site also does not show a date when on line check in begins. The old site had no mechanism to show that Aqua class dining was Blu and showed traditional dining. The new site is exactly the same.the only thing better on the new site in my opinion is the appearance. The pictures are beautiful, but the operation is slow and cumbersome. I've had no difference when using a laptop, or desktop with 2 different operating systems and 3 different browsers. Also tried phone and tablet. When I shop for a cruise, I want to see everything easily and easily go from one to another. I don't want to spend hours! A website is supposed to drive business for a company, nor drive away business!

I can make it work, but it takes 5 steps on the new site, where it used to take 2 or 3. Why is that an improvement? Also, when I'm shopping for a cruise, some are really difficult to find. If there is a cruise that sails on multiple dates, there's a small change date below the listed cruise. It's difficult to get the info. Once you find the cruise you want to look at, only the lowest category shows up before you click book now. If you want to go back because you want to see another cruise, you have to start your search again. Previously you just hit a drop down box to see the rates of all categories. The new site also does not show a date when on line check in begins. The old site had no mechanism to show that Aqua class dining was Blu and showed traditional dining. The new site is exactly the same.the only thing better on the new site in my opinion is the appearance. The pictures are beautiful, but the operation is slow and cumbersome. I've had no difference when using a laptop, or desktop with 2 different operating systems and 3 different browsers. Also tried phone and tablet. When I shop for a cruise, I want to see everything easily and easily go from one to another. I don't want to spend hours! A website is supposed to drive business for a company, nor drive away business!

It is driving me away!!

Stan

Yes, that's the way it works, however, when I click manage my reservation, it goes to a new page telling me I have none. I've been trying since Saturday.

Yes, that's the way it works, however, when I click manage my reservation, it goes to a new page telling me I have none. I've been trying since Saturday.

I am also correctly doing this procedure, but unable to get to manage my reservation. Either the link just sits there and does nothing or it says I have an unknown cruise coming up for unknown number of days leaving on an unknown date. I'm not being facetious, that's literally what it says. :(

I am also correctly doing this procedure, but unable to get to manage my reservation. Either the link just sits there and does nothing or it says I have an unknown cruise coming up for unknown number of days leaving on an unknown date. I'm not being facetious, that's literally what it says. :(

Mine had the undefined thing also, so I believe it! It has since been fixed but it takes 10 clicks to do what I could accomplish in 2 before. Try going in on Firefox, that still seems to show the old website. There is another thread on this topic that has a link to the old website that worked on IE on my computer.

Be careful when requesting changes on the new website. I yesterday changed the bed arrangement online on the new site and suddenly my $ 150 book on board extra OBC were gone. I tried to send an email but no success. I guess I have to call.

Does the new X site work with iPad??? Nothing happens when I hit "book now" on any cruise.

Take it off of private browsing and see if that helps. I was at least able to log onto my reservation and also look at cruises once I turn private browsing off. But I still cannot see any excursions for my booking, ugh.

The new site has problems. I am able to find my reservations under my account, but there is no way (that I could find) to manage excursions or specialty dining. Celebrity... don't you want us to book these add-ons?

-daniel-

I have the same issue and Captain Club had the same issue when I phoned.

Thank Goodness I printed out all my dining purchases and reservation times. When it changes that much mid cruise purchase is scary. I hope they fix it soon.

My issues with the new site is I no longer can see the itinerary. I've read on a different thread that the itinerary has changed. Would be nice to see but I'm still 58 days out.

Korry

Anyone figure out how to see payments and cost details on the new site? I can get to my reservations, but cannot see how to find a breakdown of the charges, OBC and perks. All I can find is the balance due and if you hit pay balance it takes you to a payment form. On the old site you could see your costs, payments and perks.