New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

Another classic case of what happens when 1) you let the kids sit at the big table and 2) people have to justify their jobs by fiddling with something that was working just fine.

I had saved several cruises that I was considering and now they are gone. When I tried to reconstruct my saved cruises list, they won't save. Now that's how to get people to book a cruise (sarcasm)

Way to go Celebrity. I wonder if anyone with Celebrity actually tried to use their own website?

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

So, Celebrity, how's that new website working out? Anyone from within the company tried to use it yet? Anyone get fired yet? Bookings up?

Has anyone been able to change the country at the bottom of the main page and look at cruises in a different currency? I see where it says United States and I can click on it but there are no other options. We are from Canada and book in Canadian dollars. Even the three cruises I have booked right now indicate the balance is in US dollars when I paid a deposit in Canadian dollars. I talked to our vacation planner and she thought we should be able to change the country at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't work for us. :(

Has anyone been able to change the country at the bottom of the main page and look at cruises in a different currency? I see where it says United States and I can click on it but there are no other options. We are from Canada and book in Canadian dollars. Even the three cruises I have booked right now indicate the balance is in US dollars when I paid a deposit in Canadian dollars. I talked to our vacation planner and she thought we should be able to change the country at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't work for us. :(

I regularly go to the US site to compare prices. Prices consistently show in USD on the US site and CAD on the Canadian site. That said, I'm still on the old website, and I've no idea how the new one works in this regard.

I regularly go to the US site to compare prices. Prices consistently show in USD on the US site and CAD on the Canadian site. That said, I'm still on the old website, and I've no idea how the new one works in this regard.

Hi Fouremco

I can't get the new site to work anymore, I have tried the suggestions here including the link to the old site, I can pull up the front page but can't go anywhere from there. On the new site there is a spot to change countries, as shown below but for me there is no other choice other than United States. I am in the US right now, but still I didn't think that would make a difference, I have shopped the Canadian site in the past while in the US. I am hoping I hear back from celebrity today, I assume I am not the only one with this problem 😕

imagepng

I have just come back to X (last cruise with X was 2005). I have been mainly sailing on Princess. I want to visit family in LA is Sept and take a cruise from there. X fill the cruise spot. After booking and trying to use their web site for over a week, I wish that I had taken the Princess option in Oct. and rearrange my other plans. But the air fare we got is non refundable and family is expecting us at that time for a week stay. We gave up nice perks from Princess to cruise with X, and X's web site keeps me thinking about that. I know we will just love our up coming X cruise. But for some one like me, who has not sailed with them in seven years, this web site is a big turn off. I can't see my self book again with X. unless I can't get the cruise with another line.

Was able to manage reservation on the old website using Firefox today. Chrome and MS Edge go to the new web site and give errors. Can log in, but not manage reservation.

Thanks for the tip! I was able to use Chrome to get old site until this week. Used Firefox with the old site today without any issues. I hope it will stay that way until new site is fixed, although I am beginning to lose hope that it will be a quick fix.

The people traveling with us on the next cruise are first time cruisers. I am hoping that they will not log on to the new site or they may get very nervous about cruising with Celebrity. It's embarrassing since I am the one who raved about Celebrity to them (though the onboard experience has always been close to flawless compared to the flawed website, the website would be their first impression).

Hi Fouremco

I can't get the new site to work anymore, I have tried the suggestions here including the link to the old site, I can pull up the front page but can't go anywhere from there. On the new site there is a spot to change countries, as shown below but for me there is no other choice other than United States. I am in the US right now, but still I didn't think that would make a difference, I have shopped the Canadian site in the past while in the US. I am hoping I hear back from celebrity today, I assume I am not the only one with this problem 😕

I tried from a VPN connection in Quebec and still got only the United States site, and the drop down at the bottom did not offer any other countries. Usually companies use your IP address to determine which version of the site you will see, but it doesn't appear this is what they are doing. Or perhaps Accenture can't get it to work. Ideally, a company would segment it so that you can only see the site for your country, and not any others.

Yay...I was able to check prices of our booked cruises online... but I liked the functioning of the old set up much better.

They now show the itin/ ports along a horizontal band..... really stupid!

Not only is the tech bad...but seems the design team did not include any input from someone who cruises or knows what cruise customers want to find...

Still NO luck finding excursions for ports on our Carib cruises...for Carib, they show NY(why?), and only pre and post cruise Miami and Ft Lauderdale..,can't get any ports. Focus on hi cost pvt tours, and packages etc...

The pictures are nice but has to also work! Til it is better we are not going into our Cruise Planner for awhile...lest we mess up our res

The new website is totally useless for me (Chrome with Windows 10 but also tried Edge). Attempts to search for a cruise just show a blank page and when I login to my account to manage an existing booking, I can only see selected things, no navigation buttons, etc...

We also haven't sailed Celebrity in several years and only booked this year to use our last open passage certificate on an October TA. With all these frustrations, if the onboard experience has degraded as many on here have reported, we likely won't be back. Princess has been impressing us of late and their website is super easy as well.

So, every month I've been paying $500 towards our next cruise. Today is the first time I done so on the new website. It was a little frustrating. First, the only way I found to make a payment was to click "pay in full." I was hoping it would give me an option to change the amount and it did. I entered all my information for the payment and ran into trouble entering the amount. I clicking in the place to enter the new amount and typing the numbers did nothing. Nothing showed up at all. Then I remember a solution from a number of years ago and used the numbers above the letters on my keyboard instead of using the 10-key. I worked and I was able to make my payment.

I wonder how many people know that that makes a difference?

So I just tried logging in again and after the initial log in screen I was redirected to the old site to log in (this was in Chrome, the browser I have been using to log into the site). When I tried Firefox, it went to a non-SSL version of the old site. Upon login, I had the old https site with the "new" warning that some elements, such as images, are not served from a secure server.

... and now it's back to the new site.

Tried going to Celebrity today. Site is at least up. It had been non-operational for a few days for me. I can get signed on now. However, when I try to manage my reservation, I'm still getting

undefined DAYS UNTIL YOUR undefined

DEPARTING undefined FOR undefined NIGHTS

SAILING ON

Was able to manage reservation on the old website using Firefox today. Chrome and MS Edge go to the new web site and give errors. Can log in, but not manage reservation.

I can't take credit for this link, another frustrated cc member posted it, but it works to bring up the old site on IE. I have also accessed the old site on Firefox.

Here's the link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite