Noordam Internet Question

Mtn2Sea

We just booked the Noordam for the Southern Caribbean that leaves on February 28. How well is the ship's internet working? Have they changed over to the Harris Corp. yet?

Not as of two weeks ago--still MTN. There are new Cisco repeaters in cabins (at least ours) and hallways and the connection and "speed" was better than two years ago on the Noordam.

We just booked the Noordam for the Southern Caribbean that leaves on February 28. How well is the ship's internet working? Have they changed over to the Harris Corp. yet?

No. As of Monday, it was still MTN.They were, however, replacing some of the monitors in Explorations.

Thanks. I'm trying to decide whether to attempt another live review.

We're on in just over a week. We plan to ask if they will be working on the upgrade during our voyage. That seems to be when all the problems occur. Fingers crossed.

Just ask the Internet manager when you get on the ship which system the Noordam has

AND -- if they will be working on it while you are cruising.

They could just start the new Harris system while you cruise.

Good point!

I'm thinking that they will do the upgrade shortly because the Noordam heads to Europe in early April. I would imagine that they'll try to do the system swap while home porting out of Fort Lauderdale.

I'm thinking that they will do the upgrade shortly because the Noordam heads to Europe in early April. I would imagine that they'll try to do the system swap while home porting out of Fort Lauderdale.

The Noordam leaves on TA to Spain on March21 for it's European tour season. :D