Princess Future Cruise Deposit

bigaljo1

Hi all,

I've come up against a problem regarding a deposit I paid last year on Star Princess towards a future cruise. I would appreciate some advice if anybody can help.

I paid $100 each for my Goodlady and myself towards a future cruise.

My understanding when I paid was that, when I choose and booked my next Princess Cruise, the $100 each would be deducted from the full deposit, and in addition to that I would be entitled to onboard credit which was calculated on a sliding scale. If I booked a one week cruise with an inboard Cabin the credit is only $25 per person.

I am now trying to book a cruise via a UK Travel Agent. He didnt know anything about this and spoke to Princess in the UK.

Princess UK are saying that there is no reduction in the deposit and that the $200 I have paid buys me the onboard credit only.

This is illogical to me. Why would I pay out $200 to Princess so that they could just give me the same or less back in credit , if I booked another cruise with them anytime within the next 4 years.:confused:

I think its a case of Princess in the UK not knowing what Princess in the US are doing.

Is my understanding correct or are Princess UK correct?

I shall be speaking to Princess tomorrow so I am trying to collect some supporting facts for my argument.

I hope someone out there can help me.

Thanks

I thought UK passengers could not buy these FCCs. We obtained two on our Golden Princess cruise to Alaska in July but did not pay any money for them. You can use them to get the reduced deposit on most cruises although it does not apply to any long cruises when you will be expected to pay the normal deposit that applies to the cruise. You get the sliding scale on board credit though.

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

The $100 you paid per person in the US anyways is now your deposit and nothing further would be required until final payment is due. You also would get a certain amount of obc as you know. That is how they do it in the US - I can't say how the UK would do it. I do believe that it is not your full deposit on Grand Voyages but a regular cruise would be fine.

The $100 you paid per person in the US anyways is now your deposit and nothing further would be required until final payment is due. You also would get a certain amount of obc as you know. That is how they do it in the US - I can't say how the UK would do it. I do believe that it is not your full deposit on Grand Voyages but a regular cruise would be fine.

Thanks for your response Patseacruiser. I am required to pay the full cruise amount immediately on booking. If the full price of my cruise is say £3000

should Princess not be asking for £3000 less $100 previously paid. They are not arguing about the OBC.

Thanks for your help.

I thought UK passengers could not buy these FCCs. We obtained two on our Golden Princess cruise to Alaska in July but did not pay any money for them. You can use them to get the reduced deposit on most cruises although it does not apply to any long cruises when you will be expected to pay the normal deposit that applies to the cruise. You get the sliding scale on board credit though.

Thanks for your reply.

I dont know wether UK citizens are barred from this scheme but they took my payment without problem. They say I can have the OBC.

• 2 years later...

Here is the latest Future Cruise Deposit program from Princess, for which I can personally attest as of January 2013:

With my purchase of a $100 Future Cruise Deposit, Shipboard Credits will be calculated as follows:

Future Cruise Length ... Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 + Days.... $125 Inside,.. $125 Outside,.. $150 Balcony,... $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside,.... $75 Outside,.... $100 Balcony,... $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days.... $25 Inside,.... $25 Outside,.... $50 Balcony,..... $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days...... $15 Inside,.... $15 Outside,.... $25 Balcony,..... $25 Suite

*Note: This offer is available to new future bookings only and is non-transferable. Future Cruise Deposit currency is non-changeable. The Future Cruise Deposit is valid for two years. The deposit should be applied to a booking that sails within two years from date of purchase, if it is not used the deposit will be refunded. This may be combined with most promotions, Early Booking Discounts, Princess Captain's Circle® rates or regional rates. Your Future Cruise Deposit is fully refundable if canceled prior to final payment date, outside of penalty periods, excluding special sales. Exclusive occupancy cabins receive half the per stateroom shipboard credit. Shipboard credit applies to the holder of the Future Cruise Deposit only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Shipboard credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. Any unused portion of shipboard credit is not redeemable for cash. For full World Cruise or any World Cruise Segments the deposit is reduced to 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3% is provided. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS. At the time of booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.

This NEW Future Cruise Deposit program differs from the OLD Future Cruise Deposit program in at least the following ways:

• 17 days is now the cut-off cruise length to receive the maximum shipboard credit of $150 for Balcony & Suite; formerly it was 16 days for Outside.
  • 11 days is now the cut-off cruise length to receive the maximum shipboard credit of $100 for Balcony & Suite; formerly it was 10 days for Outside.
  • Now shorter cruises of less than 7 days are accommodated; formerly they were not.
  • Now Inside & Outside are grouped together as are Balcony & Suite; formerly the distinction was between Inside and Outside only.
  • Formerly, the longevity period was 4 years; now it is 2 years.

As before, Future Cruise Deposits may only be purchased aboard ship during a cruise.

~Ron

If you paid US$ for your FCC, then you probably got a US FCC and not a UK FCC. Meaning you can only use it through a US travel agent or Princess USA. You should have paid £75 each for a UK one which you can use through a UK travel agent or Princess UK.

we did the same during our last cruise on the emrald

we paid 100 euro each and received a letter with a reference n°

we have now booked our next cruise on the caribbean princess ( new englad and cruise our)

after booking we have notified /gave copy of the letter to the italian agent of princess which after checking confirmed that no further deposit was required ( honestly speaking thety had to check being not so familiar with FCC)

fcc and ship credit also appears on the website

If you paid US$ for your FCC, then you probably got a US FCC and not a UK FCC. Meaning you can only use it through a US travel agent or Princess USA. You should have paid £75 each for a UK one which you can use through a UK travel agent or Princess UK.

Had you noticed my location, Corona del Mar, CALIFORNIA, USA, it should have been obvious that indeed I did pay US$100 each for my two purchases of a US Future Cruise Deposit and that I will obviously be using them through my US travel agent or Princess USA. Doesn't that go without saying? Didn't I make it abundantly clear that I was reporting on MY OWN EXPERIENCE in January 2013?

If Princess' Future Cruise Deposit program differs for the UK, then that is for YOU to investigate and report on - not me!

~Ron

• 5 months later...
Had you noticed my location, Corona del Mar, CALIFORNIA, USA, it should have been obvious that indeed I did pay US$100 each for my two purchases of a US Future Cruise Deposit and that I will obviously be using them through my US travel agent or Princess USA. Doesn't that go without saying? Didn't I make it abundantly clear that I was reporting on MY OWN EXPERIENCE in January 2013?

If Princess' Future Cruise Deposit program differs for the UK, then that is for YOU to investigate and report on - not me!

~Ron

Was replying to OP, and at the time didn't realise this was an old thread dating back to 2010. The. US and UK FCC are the same except you pay for yours in $ and ourselves in £ so they can then only be used when booking in the corresponding countries. Eg. I couldn't use a UK one to book via a US TA or vice versa.

So we sailed with Princess in August of 2012 and put $100 FCC for my husband and myself.

My understanding was that it was good for 4 years, is this still the policy?

Princess has changed the FCC program so they are good for two years. The change does not affect FCCs purchased prior to thee change.

• 1 year later...
Princess has changed the FCC program so they are good for two years. The change does not affect FCCs purchased prior to thee change.

Just before the 2 years are up if not used you can request an extension for a further 2 years or you can accept the money back through your credit card.

• 1 year later...

Another query. My DH and I both purchased FCC on both our cruises last year. Booked a cruise today with the £150 deposit showing. However, looking at my cruise personaliser they have taken both FCC in respect of both of us but its not showing up on the invoice.

I thought they only took 1 for each booking regardless if how many you had purchased. Any remaining were left on your account.

Any ideas?

Wilkies, please start a new thread on your question, and start it in the Princess forum, not this one. This way you will get both timely and UK sourced answers. I would answer your question but I have no idea how UK rules work this year. I would think you should only need one FCC each, but that is based on US rules.