All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

We got to see 2 minutes of totality, it was awesome!

Our hotel was struck by lightening the night before we arrived and it fried the wifi among other things so I'll share more when I'm home. It was a cloudy knuckle-biter all morning so we feel very lucky.:D

a49bcc66ef6b9212d82d09aa09a6fe8e.jpg0774b1bf1a32296792f503d99b857a6e.jpg

I didn't realize how long the front of this earthy blue was. The first picture I have a pair of print briefs on the second are the shorts. All that being said I'll probably wear black. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

a49bcc66ef6b9212d82d09aa09a6fe8e.jpg0774b1bf1a32296792f503d99b857a6e.jpg

I didn't realize how long the front of this earthy blue was. The first picture I have a pair of print briefs on the second are the shorts. All that being said I'll probably wear black. Melody

Very nice, Melody!

Jane

Oh Melody! I think that blue is a nice color on you...but I LOVE the style of your all time fav suit! That border on the bottom with the print top and the solid bottom!! SO fun! The coloring of that suit is, of course, perfectly appropriate on that sunny beach too!

When I look at the photos, I try to see if the coloring brings attention to your face, specifically eyes...and the black suit doesn't really made my eyes go to your face, though it's a hard photo because your face is shaded in a sunny picture. My eyes go to your face in the blue suit...and with the glasses on in your fav, that's not really possible to test.

Whatever. While I like the idea of having a flattering colored swim suit...at the same time...I think it's important to have a comfortable suit that fits properly for whatever water activity you want to do...and having a fun color or print that makes you happy for fun activities is also important.

I will officially start to pack this weekend! I have many things already out.

As many of you may recall me saying, I've been trying to get used to the concept of packing cubes and rolling clothes. I know I cannot roll my dresses, at least not the majority. But I was thinking about why it is hard for me, and was talking to my daughter about it. She rolls all of her clothes before she puts them away in her dresser.

It's been helpful, because even though I may not be able to roll everything, I can do so for things like pajamas, underclothes, my husband's tshirts and so on. I think I am getting better each cruise.

And while I was trying hard to find something different for packing jewelry, I realized I already had what I needed. First, the fabric jewelry rolls work good for earrings, some of the smaller necklaces and bracelets. I just leave them flat, instead of rolling them. Then with some of the bigger things (think my new triple strand pearls, for example) I have these mini packing cubes from Eddie Bauer. They are great - I use one for all the cords for the tech stuff such as cell phone, Nook, etc. One corrals the just in case stuff - back up glasses, bandaids, etc.

I have two set of 3 each. What I like is that they have some structure to them, so they offer a bit of protection for the jewelry. If my husband want to keep small stuff together, he grabs one and throws it in his backpack.

So jewelry is ready, swimsuits, some pajamas, work out clothes. Shoes are out, dresses are out on hangers. Shorts and skorts are all ironed and ready. I have my husband's cargo shorts all ironed. (yes, really)

I am pretty certain I will have my suitcase completely ready by Sunday evening. LIke Melody, I like to put my dresses in the dry cleaner bags, and just fold them in half and put them on the top.

I don't think woven shorts, or woven shirts, are a good idea to roll? You've seen a few of the shirts, like the turquoise with flowers? I'm thinking they will wrinkle too much. I was hesitant about my husband's polo shirts too, due to the collars.

I will be able pack some of my husband's stuff too, and then the rest will be ready. We both have some things that we wear and just don't have the extra where we can pack it all away. So that means laundry will be done probably on Wednesday, since we leave super early on Friday and we always have last minute things to do on Thursday evening. I get my nails done, and usually bring along my daughters as a treat. It's fun to spend time with them before I go, and it is also a thank you for taking care of the house and the dogs while we are gone.

Sometime between now and Wednesday, I will color my hair. I feel like I am getting on track now.

I've been thinking that a pictodiary is going to be much harder without Photobucket. I will have to go back and check out the site Anita mentioned a few pages ago.

Sounds like you're getting it together. Les refuses to roll his clothes. He's a master packer. Trash bag lining case. Socks go into shoes (color matching) then go into a zip lock bag. These go around the bottom of his case (by the wheels). Cargo shorts folded once, bottom of case (next to shoes) Polo shirts folded like you get shirts folded back from the cleaners on top of the cargo shorts. Tshirts (folded military style) unders & bathing suits/rashguards to the right at the top of the case with his shaving kit on top. Next are slacks, folded once. Then suit (or tux) in dry cleaning bag folded once. Dress shirts & aloha shirts folded once on top. Trash bag gently tucked around top. He's ready to go, takes him 12 minutes (I've timed him). Never has a wrinkle. Melody

Jane are you interested in a Snorkel trip to COS Abao Beach in Curaçao on our first day there? Email me at awhfy51@gmail.com if you are. Melody

We're committed to doing Aquafari at Noon that day. Sounds like a scuba-type experience for non-scuba divers on special scooters. They get great reviews and are usually booked up months in advance. We're lucky since (if I recall correctly) we're the only ship in port.

They take up to 4 people at a time. Check it out here if you might be interested. It's $115 per person for about 2 hours. They also offer photo package and have a beach with food/bar for afterwards.

Here are links to info:

http://m.aquafari.net/ Their website is terrible. I ended up contacting the via their FB page.

Reviews & info on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147278-d6453948-Reviews-Aquafari-Willemstad_Curacao.html

I'll email you so that you have a way of contacting me.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

We're committed to doing Aquafari at Noon that day. Sounds like a scuba-type experience for non-scuba divers on special scooters. They get great reviews and are usually booked up months in advance. We're lucky since (if I recall correctly) we're the only ship in port.

They take up to 4 people at a time. Check it out here if you might be interested. It's $115 per person for about 2 hours. They also offer photo package and have a beach with food/bar for afterwards.

Here are links to info:

http://m.aquafari.net/ Their website is terrible. I ended up contacting the via their FB page.

Reviews & info on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147278-d6453948-Reviews-Aquafari-Willemstad_Curacao.html

I'll email you so that you have a way of contacting me.

Jane

Bummer. Thanks. Les is looking forward to Cos Abao when we don't have to rush back to the ship. You have mail. Melody