Oasis - Central Park Larger Balcony?

yogimax

We have booked 11629 on Oasis.

On a couple of cruise websites the "29" balconies are described as "larger."

On one of the websites they are also described as "noisier."

So what's the real deal on these cabins? Are they larger and are they noisier?

Thanks in advance!

But the noise actually has little to do with The Park itself, alot of noise is in fact echo from the Music and People on the pool deck that get trapped in the well of The Park. The Park itself is very calm and peaceful at night, even with people walking though. The noise they make is less than some people make walking down the cabin corridors.

anything facing central park vs.the ocean will def have more "people" noise... people walk thru there all day and all night!

From what I have seen in pictures the larger Central Park balconies are the first ones on each deck just aft of the Living Wall.

Here are pictures taken by our esteemed Cruise Critic member RADIO:

http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/allure-of-the-seas/allure-of-the-seas-/

DSC01881-vi.jpg

DSC01880-vi.jpg

DSC01882-vi.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

From what I have seen in pictures the larger Central Park balconies are the first ones on each deck just aft of the Living Wall.

Here are pictures taken by our esteemed Cruise Critic member RADIO:

http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/allure-of-the-seas/allure-of-the-seas-/

DSC01881-vi.jpg

DSC01880-vi.jpg

DSC01882-vi.jpg

Thank you.

It looks like these balconies are double the size of the usual ones.

But the noise actually has little to do with The Park itself, alot of noise is in fact echo from the Music and People on the pool deck that get trapped in the well of The Park. The Park itself is very calm and peaceful at night, even with people walking though. The noise they make is less than some people make walking down the cabin corridors.

I should have been clearer in my question.

The "noise" that is referred to is from whatever is next door to the cabins.

We have stayed in a CP cabin before and are aware of the pool deck noise. But there is supposedly something next to these cabins which I can't figure out from the deck plans.

I should have been clearer in my question.

The "noise" that is referred to is from whatever is next door to the cabins.

We have stayed in a CP cabin before and are aware of the pool deck noise. But there is supposedly something next to these cabins which I can't figure out from the deck plans.

I believe that it's the cabin stewards supply closet...and i am pretty sure that it was reported that at least some contained an ice machine.

I believe that it's the cabin stewards supply closet...and i am pretty sure that it was reported that at least some contained an ice machine.

Ah, that makes sense.

Actually that would not be too bad since the stewards finish up their rounds mid-evening.

Ah, that makes sense.

Actually that would not be too bad since the stewards finish up their rounds mid-evening.

I have read some reviews where they reported that they could hear some noise from next door....and others that said they never heard anything.

The balconies in cabins 12629, 11629, and 10629 are double the size of the standard Central Park Balcony cabin.

The blank space you see next to the cabin is a pantry plus the crew stairs and elevators. You may hear extra noise during embarkation and disembarking days as luggage will be loaded and off loaded from this area and delivered to the cabins.

Frankly I think the extra large balcony is worth any noise issues, which I don't think are anything excessive. I have cabin 12629 booked for January.

Ernie

The balconies in cabins 12629, 11629, and 10629 are double the size of the standard Central Park Balcony cabin.

The blank space you see next to the cabin is a pantry plus the crew stairs and elevators. You may hear extra noise during embarkation and disembarking days as luggage will be loaded and off loaded from this area and delivered to the cabins.

Frankly I think the extra large balcony is worth any noise issues, which I don't think are anything excessive. I have cabin 12629 booked for January.

Ernie

I once stayed in a cabin on Oasis adjacent to such an area..... forward deck 12..... every night at 2am...must have been a shift change or something....it was like a heard of elephant on the stairs for like 10-15 minutes....it was like clockwork every night.

Edited by bajathree

I once stayed in a cabin on Oasis adjacent to such an area..... forward deck 12..... every night at 2am...must have been a shift change or something....it was like a heard of elephant on the stairs for like 10-15 minutes....it was like clockwork every night.

Crew bar was closing! ;-)

Generally I try to avoid cabins next to "white spaces" on the deck plan, as that usually equates to noise. The white space are usually a pantry, crew stairs/elevator, or a machinery space like air conditioning units. I also try to avoid cabins that are connecting, or next to 3 or 4 berth cabins as that usually means extra noise as well. Of course sometimes you can't help it or don't have a choice.

Ernie

Crew bar was closing! ;-)

Generally I try to avoid cabins next to "white spaces" on the deck plan, as that usually equates to noise. The white space are usually a pantry, crew stairs/elevator, or a machinery space like air conditioning units. I also try to avoid cabins that are connecting, or next to 3 or 4 berth cabins as that usually means extra noise as well. Of course sometimes you can't help it or don't have a choice.

Ernie

Yeap....I agree best avoided if possible...sometimes though you just never know with the 3 or 4 berth cabins...been next to some that had no extra noise and then been next to some doubles that would hang on the balcony till 2AM....just a toss.

• 1 year later...
Well, this thread does now have pictures:D

Crusinthrough, that link is to this thread.

Duh :), i was trying to post to a different thread. Thanks for the pictures, they were helpful. I saw this room when I was on CP and wondered the room number.

Edited by crusinthrough

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Following.

We are booked Jan 16... Haven't seen an updated thread on this cabin in the archives.

My sister is on Oasis in one of these cabins as I type. Will let you know what she thinks of her cabin.

Thanks. Can you find out exactly what the crew space is right next to it? Please and thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do my best!!:)

The best thing I ever bought and travel with is a white noise sound machine. Sweet dreams...

No matter where you are, there is always that door down the hall that Used to wake me up, no more!

Inexpensive, compact and priceless for vacation time.