Getaway - Aft Haven Suites - Good, Better, Best?

BabsterA

I'm avidly reading reviews for the Breakaway since it's over a year before I'll get to sail on her sister ship, the Getaway. I have booked 13902 but am reading that this may be the smallest of all the aft suite balconies. I have a long time to change my mind, but based on the Breakaway experiences, is there one of the aft corner suites that is 'better' than the one I've selected?

For the suites that have larger balconies, does it appear that the cabins are somewhat smaller?

Any thoughts, Breakaway cruisers?

I am a balcony junkie so I booked 9916 for the Breakaway and the Getaway. The total SQ ft is over 850 for the cabin and the balcony. :cool:

However, the trade-off is the bathroom layout and no access to the balcony from the bedroom. I am good with it though!

Cherie

Check out this link - it is a cabin spreadsheet - really informative.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html

According to other cc members, S6 (haven aft penthouse) cabins on decks 14 and 11 have the master bedroom next to the balcony with the master bathroom behind it (no windows in bathroom). There is a door from the master bedroom in these cabins to the balcony.

Decks 9, 10, 12 and 13 S6 cabins all have the master bathroom by the balcony with the master bedroom behind it (no window in master bedroom).

Check on this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1834773&page=8

post 154 onwards shows an S6 cabin with the bed by the balcony. This set up is found on decks 11 and 14.

Balcony size from largest (deepest) to smallest (narrowest) deck 9,12,11,10,14,13. Balconies on decks 9 and 12 have a supporting pole on them, as they are so deep.

People have reported on Cruise Critic that you can hear the music playing in Spice H2O (when sitting on your balcony) at night until around 1am and then the music from the zumba classes at 8am. Apparently when the bacony door is closed you no longer hear it. It is loudest on decks 14 and 13.

THANK YOU Vondofife! I couldn't open the spreadsheet (error message said it didn't exist), but based on the other thread/pictures, I moved my reservation to 11908. The nice lady at NCL said that this cabin has the same room size (419 sq ft) but the balcony is somewhat larger at 292 sq ft vs 236 for the comparable cabin in 13. PLUS being further away from Spice/Zumba, but still above outdoor areas makes it even more attractive in my book.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge and fully understand that there may be some differences between the final build of the Getaway and what's on the Breakaway. I am hoping to wake with the sun on my face, but it won't be a deal killer if the bed arrangement turns out to be different.

THANK YOU Vondofife! I couldn't open the spreadsheet (error message said it didn't exist), but based on the other thread/pictures, I moved my reservation to 11908. The nice lady at NCL said that this cabin has the same room size (419 sq ft) but the balcony is somewhat larger at 292 sq ft vs 236 for the comparable cabin in 13. PLUS being further away from Spice/Zumba, but still above outdoor areas makes it even more attractive in my book.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge and fully understand that there may be some differences between the final build of the Getaway and what's on the Breakaway. I am hoping to wake with the sun on my face, but it won't be a deal killer if the bed arrangement turns out to be different.

and there is a sliding glass door in the bedroom, too.

Here is the link to the cabin spreadsheet thread. Hopefully the link will work from that.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843049

• 7 months later...
Now that the Getaway is in service, I'm bumping the thread to see if anyone has info on the layout for 11908. I'm hoping it's got the bed close to the balcony rather than the bath being in that position.

Yes, bedroom by balcony with access. :)

This occurs with the S6's on decks 11 and 14.

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

I am really excited about sailing on the Getaway. This is my birthday present to myself for a 'milestone'. I feel like NCL is giving me my present....a Haven Suite in my favorite location (stern) that let's me enjoy the sound of the waves and the wake as I drift off to sleep or wake up.

Work is insanely busy and quiet hours of quiet meditation watching the wake extend to infinity, soothed by the tumbling waters is a restorative experience and greatly anticipated. The walk to the Haven will help offset the extra calories consumed in Bellinis, daily eggs Benedict, multiple shrimp cocktails, and afternoon treats.

I'm even excited by the three sea days as I totally relax and unwind with good books on the iPad or a small piece of needlework. I'll be sailing by myself this time, but if there were others traveling with me, they'd have LOTS to do while I vegetate.

Thank you, NCL! Happy birthday to me!