Perspectives Photography Studio questions.....

wasiii

.....I just read in a Gem daily that you can get a private photo shoot. Has anyone done this before? What is the cost? How long is the session for?

Any other helpful information on this would be appreciated. It's my honeymoon cruise in December and I was thinking about doing this as a surprise for my future bride.

wasiii

I would recommend calling the number provided and asking them the questions?

.....what number was provided? Also, if I called NCL, they will give me their stock answers. I was looking for opinions from cruisers not marketing speak.

wasiii

I would recommend calling the number provided and asking them the questions?

.....I took your advice and called NCL for information and guess what. Three different departments and no one had any answers.

wasiii

We did this 3-4 years ago on the Star. It was on the "dress up" night. The photographers had a couple of stations. There was no need to get an appointment, we just stood in line. They were not that busy so they were able to take their time. As we were with my bro-in-law and his family we had pictures taken of everyone, just the adults and then pictures of just the kids. The photographs turned out quite well and everyone was pleased. There was no charge for the sitting, just the actual photographs. I have no idea what the actuals costs were. I hope this is of some help.

We did this 3-4 years ago on the Star. It was on the "dress up" night. The photographers had a couple of stations. There was no need to get an appointment, we just stood in line. They were not that busy so they were able to take their time. As we were with my bro-in-law and his family we had pictures taken of everyone, just the adults and then pictures of just the kids. The photographs turned out quite well and everyone was pleased. There was no charge for the sitting, just the actual photographs. I have no idea what the actuals costs were. I hope this is of some help.

I received an email about this, from NCL for our November Gem cruise, it says to email Perspectives@ncl.com for more information.

.....for giving me some information, much appreciated.

wasiii

because I have yet to do it either(but we're considering it).

Rcvd. the same E-mail. Seems that this is NOT the reg. shipboard photogs but a sep. STUDIO on board. So we're goimng to investigate this a bit. IF we do this on our 10/30 Gem sailing I will post a "report"

WASiii: I see we live on the same "Island" I'm in Hicksville nr. the Plainview border...Just east of where the rail lines "Split"....

Bill(DrFootball)

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount of “up to and including my life".

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Edited by DrFootball

because I have yet to do it either(but we're considering it).

Rcvd. the same E-mail. Seems that this is NOT the reg. shipboard photogs but a sep. STUDIO on board. So we're goimng to investigate this a bit. IF we do this on our 10/30 Gem sailing I will post a "report"

WASiii: I see we live on the same "Island" I'm in Hicksville nr. the Plainview border...Just east of where the rail lines "Split"....

Bill(DrFootball)

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount of “up to and including my life".

.....I would appreciate any information you can bring back with you and post it here. I was kind of surprised that the picture on the email that had the 3 canvas pictures on the wall was the $250 special (for the 3 canvas pictures).

wasiii

And btw, I live in Bellmore, not too far from the Wantagh Parkway/Merrick Road intersection.

.....I would appreciate any information you can bring back with you and post it here. I was kind of surprised that the picture on the email that had the 3 canvas pictures on the wall was the $250 special (for the 3 canvas pictures).

wasiii

And btw, I live in Bellmore, not too far from the Wantagh Parkway/Merrick Road intersection.

Know it well, we have a few "south shore" friends! DW's SIS & fam. used to live in Island Pk. until they escaped to FLA. 7 yrs ago...

Yeah I thought the same thing...don't think I wanna go that far & get "photo to canvass" work done, ESP. since DW gets a Discount for services @Berger bros. DW has a few really good Pics from past vacations(esp. Canada which I see you did a few times-We did the Triumph in '02 and did both St. John & Halifax, & our trips to AZ & the Grand Canyon) i'd have that done with,..but not for our portrait! I just want one nice framed shot (8x10 print) of us dressed and the rest of the shots on CD/DVD...maybe a few smaller 4X6's to give to folks),but I'm told "Photo to Canvas" is the new Big thing in Image reproduction....That $250.00 Package is prob. what they sell the most of to "upscale" customers, esp. the "Family Portrait" types. If it's in the same price range as what studio portrait photogs charge on land it's more then worth it...

Bill(DrFootball)

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."

— Winston S. Churchill

We did this on the Jewel in October 2010. We screwed up on when the dress up night was (not sure how because we dragged our tuxedos with us - we had just lost a ton of weight and were going to have pictures taken if it killed us - we just weren't paying attention). So when we realized how stupid we were, we somehow found the information for Perspectives in the Freestyle Daily or in something that was dropped off in the cabin. We were staying in a 2 bedroom Villa in the Haven (formerly Courtyard) - so we schedule a FREE photo shoot up in the Courtyard. Figured if we were up there, where else would better pictures be taken. We had one of the photographers that you have to stand in line for take pictures for 45 to 60 mins. I honestly don't remember how long but he took tons of photos. This guy was awesome - I wish i could remember his name. I swear he was from Croati.

Keep this in mind folks - this was for me and my husband and we aren't touchy feelie in public - especially not in pictures - but some of the shots he proposed we thought were stupid when he kept telling us where to stand, how to sit - but let me tell you - it took us almost a full hour to cut down the photos we liked to get it down to 8 shots (I think). Ended up spending (I think - its been a year) $250 for 2 shots printed directly on metal floating frames and the rest were 4 X 6 (I think 8 total). If you want all of your proofs, be prepared to spend mucho money - we didn't buy the photos - but ordered the printing and they shipped them to us within a few weeks of the cruise. Some were even in black and white. They scheduled a time for us to sit down in their studio next to the library and go through every shot. They helped us weed out the bad ones and cut down what we wanted to keep based on what we wanted to spend and where they were going to go.

I would totally do this for a honeymoon or birthday. So much better than waiting in line with everyone staring at you for the perfect family photo. We do that too but this was different. We had this guy all over the courtyard - up on top, by the pool, sitting down, on the chaises - he came up with some great ideas. We lucked out big time - it was a full moon, cloudy - but this guy got the most amazing shots of the moon in the background - somehow. If I wasn't there, I would think someone photo shopped the moon in the background. Absolutely amazing. We even were drinking a bottle of champagne the entire time - the one that came with the suite.

Be prepared to spend $$ on it though - I was skeptical going in but it was amazing. If you ever see two guys with eyeglasses holding champagne flutes in the courtyard, that's us.

We did this on the Jewel in October 2010. We screwed up on when the dress up night was (not sure how because we dragged our tuxedos with us - we had just lost a ton of weight and were going to have pictures taken if it killed us - we just weren't paying attention). So when we realized how stupid we were, we somehow found the information for Perspectives in the Freestyle Daily or in something that was dropped off in the cabin. We were staying in a 2 bedroom Villa in the Haven (formerly Courtyard) - so we schedule a FREE photo shoot up in the Courtyard. Figured if we were up there, where else would better pictures be taken. We had one of the photographers that you have to stand in line for take pictures for 45 to 60 mins. I honestly don't remember how long but he took tons of photos. This guy was awesome - I wish i could remember his name. I swear he was from Croati.

Keep this in mind folks - this was for me and my husband and we aren't touchy feelie in public - especially not in pictures - but some of the shots he proposed we thought were stupid when he kept telling us where to stand, how to sit - but let me tell you - it took us almost a full hour to cut down the photos we liked to get it down to 8 shots (I think). Ended up spending (I think - its been a year) $250 for 2 shots printed directly on metal floating frames and the rest were 4 X 6 (I think 8 total). If you want all of your proofs, be prepared to spend mucho money - we didn't buy the photos - but ordered the printing and they shipped them to us within a few weeks of the cruise. Some were even in black and white. They scheduled a time for us to sit down in their studio next to the library and go through every shot. They helped us weed out the bad ones and cut down what we wanted to keep based on what we wanted to spend and where they were going to go.

I would totally do this for a honeymoon or birthday. So much better than waiting in line with everyone staring at you for the perfect family photo. We do that too but this was different. We had this guy all over the courtyard - up on top, by the pool, sitting down, on the chaises - he came up with some great ideas. We lucked out big time - it was a full moon, cloudy - but this guy got the most amazing shots of the moon in the background - somehow. If I wasn't there, I would think someone photo shopped the moon in the background. Absolutely amazing. We even were drinking a bottle of champagne the entire time - the one that came with the suite.

Be prepared to spend $$ on it though - I was skeptical going in but it was amazing. If you ever see two guys with eyeglasses holding champagne flutes in the courtyard, that's us.

.....if they also offered something like a book made out of the photos? Carnival had this option. Each page was very rigid and it had a picture on the back and front of each page.

Also, do you know if they do any touch-ups to the pictures?

:confused:

wasiii

• 1 month later...

All: we wound up "not" doing this and going with the regular Photo personnel aboard the ship. MY wife determined the "sales" lady was strictly interested in "Upsell" and stood very firm on the $250.00 base price of a package. We were not really interested in "Canvas" versions of our photos, which is one of their big selling points.

We got(with the regularships photogs) 5 different 8x10 Photos(5th free) plus a set of our choice of smaller 4x6's and wallets AND a CD(DVD i guess) of all the shots in all sizes(resolutions) for $80.00.

I'm sure if your looking for a "professional" sitting and spending a hour+ on various poses then it's worth it. But her "demeanor" wasn't.

Bill(DrFootball)

"Forget about your troubles folks, It's all about Good Rock & Roll, Frying Tires, and Football…" Coach Jerry Glanville

Edited by DrFootball

We were on the Spirit last May and happened upon the "studio" set ups in the atrium one evening when we had already dressed up for a special dinner. There was no wait and we had several shots taken. They were some of the best photos we have had taken in years. We did find out that we could only purchase digital copies if we purchased a hard copy of the same shot. But they tried to sell the digital copies on a 250 meg flash drive for $20 just for the drive. When I mentioned that flash drives that small are "give aways" at most places, they then offered to put them on a cd for just a couple bucks. Get the copies, but insist on a cd.

Based on our past cruises, there were lots of chances to get pictures done. There were so many times we walked by their setup and they were looking for customers.

If you do have to wait, do not get behind someone with younger children. I love 'em, but they can get bored and uncooperative very quickly. And that means lots of attempted shots, and more .....

• 1 year later...

We had a Perspectives Photo Shoot for our Jewel Trip Oct. 13. We booked a Vow Renewal and the photographer shot that and then we over an hour at various places on the ship. We took 200+ pictures. It was going to be nearly $800 for the CD and the rights to all the pics. :eek:

So we got our free 8x10 and purchased a second one. They are extremely pricey.

VowRenewal_zpsc29d2563.jpg"]VowRenewal_zpsc29d2563.jpg[/url]

VowRenewalFamily_zpsa24d5f56.jpg"]VowRenewalFamily_zpsa24d5f56.jpg[/url]

Edited by kchiumento

We did this on another cruise line and the photo shoot was free because they want you to fall in love with the pictures and buy them. Well, they were right. lol If it's the same type of thing I don't think it costs any money for the shoot. And like the other poster said, you can go all over the ship if you want. Other cruiselines will even do it at their private island. They only had so many spots available for the free shoot so you had to sign up. So, if you want a particular date and time, you will probably want to sign up early.

We did Perspectives Photography on the Norwegian Jewel last week and I posted all my pictures and what they cost us on my blog

http://www.momdot.com/perspectives-photography-norwegian-cruise/

If anyone has any questions just ask! I thought they were worth it but they are not cheap!

Wow................your photos are outstanding. What a lovely family!

Just a thought for those wanting photos on their vacation... why don't you look up professional photographers on the islands in which you will be visiting? I am getting engagement pictures taken by an awesome lady in Grand Cayman on my upcoming Pearl cruise. Very reasonable and ALL the photos will be emailed to me and I'll be given a printing release. Much better than paying through the roof PER picture from NCL... :)

.....I just read in a Gem daily that you can get a private photo shoot. Has anyone done this before? What is the cost? How long is the session for?

Any other helpful information on this would be appreciated. It's my honeymoon cruise in December and I was thinking about doing this as a surprise for my future bride.

wasiii

Ooohh kinky:D

Just a thought for those wanting photos on their vacation... why don't you look up professional photographers on the islands in which you will be visiting? I am getting engagement pictures taken by an awesome lady in Grand Cayman on my upcoming Pearl cruise. Very reasonable and ALL the photos will be emailed to me and I'll be given a printing release. Much better than paying through the roof PER picture from NCL... :)

What a great idea . I may go a step further and have him follow us around the island for the day . I know that sounds extreme but we cant take a decent photo to save our lives..:cool:

What a great idea . I may go a step further and have him follow us around the island for the day . I know that sounds extreme but we cant take a decent photo to save our lives..:cool:

Like i said, the woman i picked is amazing and really reasonable. Have fun!