River Aria

cliodoc

We are taking the Grand Circle Travel River Cruise The Great Rivers of Europe in June on the River Aria. Is anyone familiar with this ship? We are starting the trip with the pre-trip to Vienna. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The Aria is a great boat. We went on the Great Rivers last May and were on the Aria. It is newer than Rhaposdy etc. The thing we liked the best were the 2 small lounges just above reception. One was a card and game rooom and the other a library. We went there to consume our "beverages" which we brought from home so as not to be in the bar area. The cabins were also nicer. The crew was outstanding---the best we have had in 4 trips. We signed up for the Black Sea trip and at the time were on the Area. We received a letter saying that we were now on the Adagio, whihc is the same layout. At a GCT brunch in Ft. Lauderale they said that the Aria had been leased out. I am glad that it is back. If you need any other info jut let me know, We leave May 5 for the Black Sea---river trip #5.

We are taking the Grand Circle Travel River Cruise The Great Rivers of Europe in June on the River Aria. Is anyone familiar with this ship? We are starting the trip with the pre-trip to Vienna. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have taken two trips on the River Aira with GCT the first one in 2002 from Passau to Budapest and the second one in 2004 from Bucharest to Budapest. I found that the ship was well kept and very comfortable. The bed were not a problem for me as I was in Room 300 one time and Room 325 on the second trip. The food was good and I enjoyed the people on the ship and the crew. Although these trips were some time ago I have always been pleased with the GCT trips that I have taken. I took the Great Rivers of Europe in 2005 that you are taking from Vienna to Amsterdam only this time it was on the MS Bizet and that was my all time favorite trip of the four I have taken with GCT. The last one was in 2006 The Romance of the Rhine & Mosel Rivers from Antwerp to Basel on the MS Debussy which was also a nice ship although smaller then the River Aria.

The Aria is a great boat. We went on the Great Rivers last May and were on the Aria. It is newer than Rhaposdy etc. The thing we liked the best were the 2 small lounges just above reception. One was a card and game rooom and the other a library. We went there to consume our "beverages" which we brought from home so as not to be in the bar area. The cabins were also nicer. The crew was outstanding---the best we have had in 4 trips. We signed up for the Black Sea trip and at the time were on the Area. We received a letter saying that we were now on the Adagio, whihc is the same layout. At a GCT brunch in Ft. Lauderale they said that the Aria had been leased out. I am glad that it is back. If you need any other info jut let me know, We leave May 5 for the Black Sea---river trip #5.

My wife and I will also be on the Adagio in May. We fly to Bucharest May 8th, but we are not doing the pre-trip. My in-laws have been on the Adagio and it is very similar to the Aria. Last April, Nancy and I were on the Concerto in Amsterdam and Brussels. Springtime was gorgeous.

We are so looking forward to this trip, since we have not been to any of these countries. My in-laws did this trip a couple of years ago and loved it.:D

Glenn

We were on the Aria for the Great Rivers GCT trip just last October. Great trip and ship. The crew, including the captain, were all charming, friendly and eager to ensure that we had a wonderful trip. The food was consistently excellent and very plentiful. The ship is well laid out and the beds are SO comfortable. (The seats that they become during the day--not so comfortable--. If we wanted to read in the cabin, we just put the beds down. You can put the head of the bed up to make it like a chaise.) The itinerary is filled with great medieval towns, beautiful vineyards and riverside scenery, and fascinating river traffic. You even sail OVER a road while on the Main-Danube Canal. Don't miss the Old Sausage Kitchen in Regensburg! I just sadly finished off my supply of the fantastic mustard they sell there. Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I have taken two trips on the River Aira with GCT the first one in 2002 from Passau to Budapest and the second one in 2004 from Bucharest to Budapest. I found that the ship was well kept and very comfortable. The fold down beds were not a problem for me being six feet tall as I was in Room 300 one time and Room 325 on the second trip. The food was good and I enjoyed the people on the ship and the crew. Although these trips were some time ago I my information may be out dated as it could have been refurnished since then. It was put in service in 2001. I have always been pleased with the GCT trips that I have taken. I took the Great Rivers of Europe in 2005 from Vienna to Amsterdam only this time it was on the MS Bizet and that was my all time favorite trip of the four I have taken with GCT. The last one was in 2006 The Romance of the Rhine & Mosel Rivers from Antwerp to Basel on the MS Debussy which was also a nice ship although smaller then the River Aria.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone...we just booked the River Aria for Christmas Market cruise. Dec 16. We booked the pre and post packages as well...anyone else booked this itinerary? Also, has someone sailed this ship recently...it is our first river cruise.

We are Jerry and Rae Yingling from Tampa.

Hi everyone...we just booked the River Aria for Christmas Market cruise. Dec 16. We booked the pre and post packages as well...anyone else booked this itinerary? Also, has someone sailed this ship recently...it is our first river cruise.

We are Jerry and Rae Yingling from Tampa.

DH & I have cruised 6 times with GCT- all trips have been wonderful. However, we have not been on the River Aria yet. We're taking our first Christmas market cruise this coming December. If you don't find other cruisers on the site, you might have better luck on the Roll Call site. Either add a new post or add to the existing Christmas Market thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=7&f=685