Just back from Alaska - Grand Princess

rebeltech8

Doesn't sound like you have a filter for your comments, allowing ignorant statements to flow freely.

That was just rude!!!

This forum is for sharing opinions, not to degrade others.

Grow up... :cool:

Isn't your response kind of harsh? Just saying.

If you are asking about Victoria, it would be about a 20 minute walk to the main inner harbor area (where the famous Empress hotel is located). There is also a fishermans wharf about 10 minutes away that has some simple restaurants and some frisky sea lions. There is a water taxi that stops there as well - 9am to 9pm - so if you are there in the day, you can go from there to downtown enjoying the water!

For example, one night we ate in the dining room when they served rib eye. Now I know that a rib eye is best when it is well marbled, but my steak was half well marbled and the other half a slab of fat with no lean at all. I called it to the server's attention, and he agreed that it should not have been served.

So, some cook saw and cooked the rib eye; a junior waiter collected it in the galley and brought it to the station;

and a waiter served it to the table....

It's pretty sad that not one of them thought to do anything to improve the situation...

Doesn't sound like you have a filter for your comments, allowing ignorant statements to flow freely.

That was just rude!!!

This forum is for sharing opinions, not to degrade others.

Grow up... :cool:

Actually, I was just mirroring your quote to the OP:

Doesn't sound like you are easy to please, just order another meal and be happy. If you let small things like that bother you, you will never be happy.

You are on vacation, chill!!!

I was on Grand Princess 5/28 - 6/7, and agree with the OP about the food 2014 - 2017.

During this three year time period, I have sailed close to two dozen cruises, and I have noticed cost-cuts infect MDR menus in Carnival Corporation's greed for greater shareholder value.

As concrete evidence, the Surf & Turf description includes "large prawns" while 21/25 shrimp are served. "Large Prawns" would be U9.

As a related aside.... the Italian specialty restaurant (I don't even want to call it Sabatini's because of the completely different menu) now features a pasta with beef cheeks. Remember that the original plan was to replace Sabatini's with SHARE. With the conversion halted, what to do about the huge provisioning commitments for beef cheeks featured in Stone's Beef Cheek Pie main entree? Just slop it in a pasta dish on the new Italian restaurant menu!

Yet the evening I ate in the Italian restaurant, I am certain beef short ribs were used rather than beek cheek, given the stringy consistency of the meat, rather than the tender almost gelatinous texture of beef cheeks. Why? I'm guessing they still have quite a bit of short ribs on hand that was used in a pasta on the Sabatini's menu.

In the buffet, it seemed that most everything was served just kind of luke warm. We are easily pleased when we are on a cruise, but we were a bit let down regarding the food.

Otherwise, we had a great time.

I have seen many comments about lukewarm food at the Buffet. The "Danger Zone" for food safety is between 40 and 140 F. Anything lukewarm could be dangerous to eat. Do the servers have thermometers? Do their jackets have the little pocket on the sleeve to hold a thermometer?

From USDA: Leaving food out too long at room temperature can cause bacteria (such as Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella Enteritidis, Escherichia coli O157:H7, and Campylobacter) to grow to dangerous levels that can cause illness. Bacteria grow most rapidly in the range of temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F, doubling in number in as little as 20 minutes. This range of temperatures is often called the "Danger Zone."