Coral room C728 - Caribe

aspen151

We were upgraded to this mini-suite for our Alaskan cruise. It is the last room on the Caribe deck. Does anyone know if there is a viewing deck past our room or what is in that area of the ship (hard to tell from floorplan). My concern is that we are close to a viewing deck or other public area. We prefer privacy. Thanks for your help!

We were upgraded to this mini-suite for our Alaskan cruise. It is the last room on the Caribe deck. Does anyone know if there is a viewing deck past our room or what is in that area of the ship (hard to tell from floorplan). My concern is that we are close to a viewing deck or other public area. We prefer privacy. Thanks for your help!

My wife and I were in C712 on the Coral transitting the Panama Canal. There is a public viewing area at the end of the coridor going aft. There was quite a bit of foot traffic during the transit of the canal. Very little at other times. It didn't pose a problem for us.

Craig

Thanks to another poster, if you go here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html

you can see a pic of the area you are talking about. You should be able to see if this affords you the privacy you desire. It appears the balcony is totally uncovered to the the decks above and it is quite close to the deck around the corner.

Edited by TXFrank

When are you going? We have C720 Aug 24. That's perfect as it is 4 cabins from aft.:) I can see why you wouldn't want the end one.

Thanks to another poster, if you go here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html

you can see a pic of the area you are talking about. You should be able to see if this affords you the privacy you desire. It appears the balcony is totally uncovered to the the decks above and it is quite close to the deck around the corner.

Great pictures of coral/island balconies TXFrank.:)

We have stayed in 727 (same cabin on starboard side) and loved it. We have also had a mini suite on the Grand class ships and hated that open balcony. The difference is that on the Grand class EVERYONE above you can look down on your balcony. On the Coral and Island, because the rest of the balconies are covered only the person directly above or someone hanging over the aft lookout can look down on your bacony. We like the last cabin for 2 reasons. 1)only one next door neighbor and 2) the extra glass wrap around at the end makes you feel as if you're floating above the ocean.

Chamima - thanks for the words of encouragement. My husband wants to keep that stateroom. I'm curious - did many people use the viewing area at the end of the deck next to your room ? It seems to me that it would mainly be used by people in nearby cabins. I appreciate your help!

We did the Panama Canal cruise and the rear viewing area was only used on the day we were at the Canal. Otherwise it was almost like a private extra balcony for us. 727 was in full sun on our cruise so if I wanted to read in the shade I went back there.

We have 728 booked for a Panama Canal cruise this coming Feb. because 727 was already booked. Also, there seems to be a new rule that you can't have loungers on your balcony so I will be back there a lot .

We find there is more noise from balcony neighbors than from anything else so we like aft cabins but the Coral and Island don't have fully aft ones so this is as close as we can get.

For our Panama Canal cruise this past January, we wanted to book C728, but it was already booked. However, we were able to get C726 (right next door). We had a great view from our cabin and could also see the great view that C728 had with their wrap around balcony. In C726 we had a partially covered balcony, but C728 is not covered.

Being just steps from the aft balcony is another bonus. Other than Canal crossing day, it was quiet and we enjoyed the lounge chairs there. We never heard the door slam as people went out there because they've put a soft closer on the door.

Cindy

• 1 month later...
When are you going? We have C720 Aug 24. That's perfect as it is 4 cabins from aft.:) I can see why you wouldn't want the end one.

We're on the Aug 24th sailing too. Pretty far forward at the other end of the hall from you. Come join our Roll Call!!

• 6 years later...
We have stayed in 727 (same cabin on starboard side) and loved it. We have also had a mini suite on the Grand class ships and hated that open balcony. The difference is that on the Grand class EVERYONE above you can look down on your balcony. On the Coral and Island, because the rest of the balconies are covered only the person directly above or someone hanging over the aft lookout can look down on your bacony. We like the last cabin for 2 reasons. 1)only one next door neighbor and 2) the extra glass wrap around at the end makes you feel as if you're floating above the ocean.

Do you happen to have any pictures of 727 that you could post? Also did it get hit on the balcony with no shade above? I'm booked in this room for an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Thanks!

Do you happen to have any pictures of 727 that you could post? Also did it get hit on the balcony with no shade above? I'm booked in this room for an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Thanks!

We did the Panama Canal cruise and the rear viewing area was only used on the day we were at the Canal. Otherwise it was almost like a private extra balcony for us. 727 was in full sun on our cruise so if I wanted to read in the shade I went back there.

We have 728 booked for a Panama Canal cruise this coming Feb. because 727 was already booked. Also, there seems to be a new rule that you can't have loungers on your balcony so I will be back there a lot .

We find there is more noise from balcony neighbors than from anything else so we like aft cabins but the Coral and Island don't have fully aft ones so this is as close as we can get.

Sorry, no pictures.

Yes, if the sun was on that side of the ship there was no shade.

Is this for the Coral or the Island? (The Island has been re-fitted with a whole new aft and I have no idea what happened to that balcony in the re-fit)

Also, on our second cruise in 728 we had a slightly different experience.

People were on that aft viewing area a lot and some were not so considerate of our privacy, even straining to look over into our balcony.

If I were doing the Panama Canal cruise again I would try to book that same last cabin on Emerald deck because when we were going through the locks it would be much more dramatic down there. (I think people were even touching the sides of the locks.)

To the OP:

We were in C722 for Alaska northbound. The back deck was a real bonus, went there many times for pictures, and to relax on the loungers on one cold morning (less wind and sunny in the am when going northbound) I never saw more than 10 people out there, and that was during key scenic cruising times: Glacier Bay and College Fjord. It also seemed to be the same people, so likely just those from that aft section of the ship. C728 seemed like a great cabin/balcony, but is completely uncovered, and can be seen from anyone on the aft deck, the deck above,and I could see the balcony from mine if I leaned over the rail. Like everything else, it has plusses and minuses :)