Bedtime chocolates GONE!

cruisestitch

Now really, Celebrity? You have to cut corners so close that there aren't pennies per night for pieces of chocolate?

Never eat them on the ship, may have them waiting in the airport going home

Beside go to cafe Al Bacio if you need chocolate

Edited by Airbalancer

Now really, Celebrity? You have to cut corners so close that there aren't pennies per night for pieces of chocolate?

We had chocolate covered oreos on each of our pillows every night on our recent Summit cruise to Bermuda. Not bad at all, the time or two I tried them.

Hard to beat the small chocolates at Cafe al Bacio!

Sorry to all that will miss them. But we always left a big pile of them on the desk when we left.
I did too, I hoped they recycled mine. Maybe too many left them and they figured the majority didn't like them and, if they did stop them, that could be the reason why.

Being realistic how many people have chocolates next to their bed at home and have a piece before retiring? I know when you take a cruise or on a vacation you do things that you normally don't do at home but if it means giving up the perk of Celebrity offering the drink package to continue placing the piece of chocolate on my pillow I won't miss the chocolate, the grand brunch or other things they are cutting.

Happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I know in the "scheme of things" this is not a make or break deal, as a lot of people don't even eat the chocolate - but it just one more thing from the "old days of cruising" that is now becoming extinct.

I actually saved them for the next day and ate them after lunch which is my favorite time to have a piece of chocolate.

RCL does not give out chocolate either. Not sure when they stopped that but on our March Explorer cruise there were no night time chocolates at turn down.

Can some one tell me where the chocolates in Cafe al Bacio are? I don't think I've ever noticed them. Do you have to ask for them? Thanks.

Sorry to all that will miss them. But we always left a big pile of them on the desk when we left.

CruisingChick: I know in the "scheme of things" this is not a make or break deal' date=' as a lot of people don't even eat the chocolate - but it just one more thing from the "old days of cruising" that is now becoming extinct. [/quote']

I am not a big chocolate guy, either. They just piled up during our recent Solstice cruise down under. Maybe they found that not as many customers wanted or used this item left on the pillows. No loss for me.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 68,592 views for this fun posting.

I know in the "scheme of things" this is not a make or break deal, as a lot of people don't even eat the chocolate - but it just one more thing from the "old days of cruising" that is now becoming extinct.

I actually saved them for the next day and ate them after lunch which is my favorite time to have a piece of chocolate.

RCL does not give out chocolate either. Not sure when they stopped that but on our March Explorer cruise there were no night time chocolates at turn down.

Can some one tell me where the chocolates in Cafe al Bacio are? I don't think I've ever noticed them. Do you have to ask for them? Thanks.

I agree CruisingChick. Can I live without a chocolate on my pillow ? Absolutely ! Is it a tiny bit disappointing to hear they may have been eliminated ? Well, yes. It's another one of those thoughtful items that made Celebrity extra special, and perhaps it's gone.

However, it's entirely possible, that they ran out of chocolates, or perhaps something new is to come. I'm more than willing to give Celebrity time to see if a new item is forthcoming.

As for your Cafe Al Bacio question, the chocolates were available on request, but who knows if that amenity will remain as well.

The servers on the Summit were good about bringing the box around and offering them. You could also ask for them at the counter. They are petite, very thin pieces of chocolate in a variety of flavors.

We had them all 11 nights on our recent Silhouette cruise (June 22 - July 3). With so many treats on board, we only ate a few here and there and left a pile on the desk. Interesting side note - they had 2 candy covered apples for my 2 kids. That was the first time on all our cruises that we experienced a "welcome treat" for my kids. We thought that was a nice touch.

Please don't mention the "old days of cruising" or you'll bring out the "I don't want the old days of cruising" crowd.:rolleyes:

On our last 3 Celebrity sailings, there were no chocolates until we mentioned it, & then they appeared every night. I do love having them on the pillow every night, & usually eat my wife's also. Is the lack of chocolates a deal breaker?...no it isn't, but it was a nice extra touch that helped set Celebrity apart.

I do hope the chocs haven't disappeared. Our grandchikdren spend the time we are away, looking forward to their treats when we get back!
You could always purchase a small bag of wrapped chocolates and then take them out of the bag before you see your grandchildren....they won't know the difference, but will still be able to have their treats when you get back.

Please don't mention the "old days of cruising" or you'll bring out the "I don't want the old days of cruising" crowd.:rolleyes:

On our last 3 Celebrity sailings, there were no chocolates until we mentioned it, & then they appeared every night. I do love having them on the pillow every night, & usually eat my wife's also. Is the lack of chocolates a deal breaker?...no it isn't, but it was a nice extra touch that helped set Celebrity apart.

We always look forward to the chocolates on our pillow. It is just one of the things that made Celebrity special for us. I know it's not much, but what's next??

Dave

Summit cruise in June had choc covered Oreos on one night only. Cafe al bacio did not have the box of special chocolates, they'd replaced them with a bowl of loose unwrapped very small biscotti that really didn't look very good

We always look forward to the chocolates on our pillow. It is just one of the things that made Celebrity special for us. I know it's not much, but what's next??

Dave

I understand that Celebrity plans to eliminate air in your cabin. That shouldn't be a problem since nobody uses all that air anyway and it is easy enough to bring your own. And on a cruise you spend so little time in your cabin... :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app