What's the strangest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

time4u2go

Okay, let me just begin by saying that I have a broken shoulder and my activity level is limited so I have been doing a lot of CC reading lately. This thread has made me chuckle!

First ~ Cruisebunnies - that was the best story - one to remember and pass along.

Next ~ there must be a thing about dressing alike because on two different cruises, we saw this couple with matching shirts and sombrero hats. It seemed they had a dufferent outfit for each night of the cruise. I can't imagine what they needed for luggage in order to accomodate all those hats.

Finally ~ there was this lovely older woman entering the pool with her bathingsuit on inside out.

Thanks for making my morning!

On our cruise in 2008 we saw a woman that had to be 80+ if she was a day and every morning her family would sit her in a chair by the pool and leave her there until the afternoon. Now, that in and of itself was not that odd but she had obviously enjoyed many many MANY years in the sun and it showed on her skin. She had the old 50s/60s style teased updo (what were those called bouffant?) AND she wore a different BIKINI (yes bikini :eek:) every day. Every time we saw her, she was checking her watch and looking around.

For Us (and I've seen this a few times), it's the people wearing their RCCL Bath Robes out and about the ship, to the Windjammer, the pool, etc, walking around like they are walking in their own house. I can only pray that they actually have something more than underwear :eek: under them.

Anyway, it's always good for a laugh, and lots of strange stares from everyone else!

For Us (and I've seen this a few times), it's the people wearing their RCCL Bath Robes out and about the ship, to the Windjammer, the pool, etc, walking around like they are walking in their own house. I can only pray that they actually have something more than underwear :eek: under them.

Anyway, it's always good for a laugh, and lots of strange stares from everyone else!

Some probably don't even have underwear on!:eek:

I was laying in a chair at the pool on a very crowded afternoon. A woman who looked like she was in her early 70s came up wearing shorts & a blouse. She laid her towel neatly on a chair, took her blouse off & folded it. She appeared to be wearing a white bikini top but I thought it looked a lot like a bra. She proceeded to take her shorts off, and as she was folding them, she realized she did not have her swimsuit on under her clothing!:D

I don't think I've ever seen anyone dress & run as fast as she did!

Sherri:)

Enjoying a sea day a few years ago on the upper deck (away from the pool). My husband points out a topless woman a bit down from me (she has a big floppy hat and I can't see her face)....then we notice her male companion laying next to her on his stomach.....going....commando. Got even more interesting when he rolls over a covers himself with a tiny white washcloth from the cabins....

Best part....wait for it....they are our table mates. We were so freaked out we ate at the specialty restaurants for a few nights...

I was laying in a chair at the pool on a very crowded afternoon. A woman who looked like she was in her early 70s came up wearing shorts & a blouse. She laid her towel neatly on a chair, took her blouse off & folded it. She appeared to be wearing a white bikini top but I thought it looked a lot like a bra. She proceeded to take her shorts off, and as she was folding them, she realized she did not have her swimsuit on under her clothing!:D

I don't think I've ever seen anyone dress & run as fast as she did!

Sherri:)

Some of us call those "Senior Moments"...:p

Crazy assed-out drunk lady in the hallway came up to me. She spoke English but she was so drunk she couldn't put her words in order in a sentence. She tried like four times to say what she needed to say to me, then she was like, "I'm not making any sense, am I?" I told her no, and she stumbled away. Lol!

This is back in 2004 during our E Caribbean cruise and on our Catamaran Tour. As we were going into a lovely cove, one of the crew from the Catamaran ahead of us and coming out, dropped his swim trunks and mooned our boat. A few of us got in on camera.:). That same cruise a man in his 50's was waltzing around in his speedo thinking he was really something, but many of us were getting a good laugh.

A Dutch group (male and female) who booked one of the lounges so they could dress up in children's sailor costumes and dance to old-time sailing songs, nursery rhymes etc.

Ummmm, that image is burned in my brain now.

I just tried dancing to " I'm a little teapot". Didn't work so well.

On my last cruise there were a husband and wife that wore MATCHING clothes every day with matching hats.They did make people talk.The one day my wife set up matching outfits to wear and my answer NOWAY.

Enjoying a sea day a few years ago on the upper deck (away from the pool). My husband points out a topless woman a bit down from me (she has a big floppy hat and I can't see her face)....then we notice her male companion laying next to her on his stomach.....going....commando. Got even more interesting when he rolls over a covers himself with a tiny white washcloth from the cabins....

Best part....wait for it....they are our table mates. We were so freaked out we ate at the specialty restaurants for a few nights...

Our favorite one from this thread so far... Too funny! :D

On the Canival Fantasy in the early 90,s they had a American themed night.In the dining room were many American service men in full dress uniforms,very impressive.The Star Spangled Banner was sung and everyone stood respectfully, even us Canadians.Not to be out done when everyone sat down our group ,(approx.60) started to sing Oh Canada,with out exception every Marine ,sailor,airman soldier in the room stood at attention .I have never seen such a show of respect.

Wow, that must have been thrilling! What a wonderful gesture of respect!

On our last cruise, we had more wine in our wine package than we could consume alone. So on the final formal night, I went over to a table nearby and told the young American servicemen there that I wanted to give them and their travelling companions a bottle of champagne as thanks for their military service.

It was one of those mutual respect moments; I told them about my sister who works for Canada's Royal Military College and one of the lads told me that he had served alongside Canadian troops in Afghanistan.

It doesn't matter whether you spell it "honor" or "honour", I believe that it is the most important value the military teaches.

Sooooooooooo that's why they are limiting the number of washcloths in the cabins! :eek:

Poor guy, only needing a washcloth too. ;)

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Right before dinner on a formal night they had a Not So Newlywed Game in a small lounge. Recently married #1 American couple, #2 middle aged American Couple and #3 an older South American couple that spoke in an accent. They had the men leave the room and asked the women "What is your husband's favorite condiment?"

Lady #1: Ketchup

Lady #2: Mayonnaise

Lady #3: Trojan

At this point we all were laughing so hard my mascara was starting to run. But everyone totally lost it when the husbands were brought back in and believe it or not Husband #3 matched his wife's answer.

You know what's funny about this? That two of my coworkers recently got married to each other (1/16/11) and they took a honeymoon cruise on the celebrity equinox. He told me that they were chosen for that Not-So-Newlywed game, and that when they were taken backstage the Cruise Director told them to say exactly that, because "that's what the people like to hear". He was bummed that it was rigged, but they still won the game :)

Two years ago on the Radiance repositioning cruise from Alaska, we headed back to our room after a late dinner instead of going to the show. All was quiet in the hallways. As we turned the corner to head down the long hall to our room, we looked ahead to see a naked man standing in the hall, trying to open a door, looking very agitated! We didn't know if he was drunk or sick or what, but rather than confront him, we retreated to the elevators and called security. We had to repeat the problem a couple of times as the security operator was cracking up laughing. The next morning we asked our room steward if he had heard about it and he said that the man said he had decided to have room service rather than go to the dining room; he then went to put his tray out in the hall and the door slammed shut behind him. Hmmmm....who eats dinner naked, plus there wasn't any tray in the hall or he could have covered himself with that! Guess we'll never know the real story.

Artwork on LOS:

SDC14101.jpg

Cruzface, I agree with the others......that is a really strange art piece on a cruise ship. :D:D:D

We should do that in a year or so....have a thread with photos of some of the more unusual "art" onboard. :) We have to remember to start photographing some of the "pieces"

Edited by Coralc

You know what's funny about this? That two of my coworkers recently got married to each other (1/16/11) and they took a honeymoon cruise on the celebrity equinox. He told me that they were chosen for that Not-So-Newlywed game, and that when they were taken backstage the Cruise Director told them to say exactly that, because "that's what the people like to hear". He was bummed that it was rigged, but they still won the game :)

After watching a few of these shows, we have concluded that a lot of them are "staged". On one of our last cruises, the couple in their 80s were so spot on with all their answers that it just couldn't happen. They couldn't even remember which seats they were supposed to sit in, but the memory for that stuff 60+ years ago was pretty instant. Sure, there's that long term memory vs short term memory stuff, but really... :p

It's just entertainment and they all received the same parting gifts (so to speak).

Of course, after reading these posts, there's quite a bit of entertainment almost everywhere on the ship - if you are in the right place at the right time. :rolleyes: