Amtrak bus question out of Vancouver

millacon

We are trying to plan our return trip and it shows the ship will be docking in Vancouver at 7am. About how long will it take to get off ship if we carry our bags ourselves? Would we have enough time to get from the port to the Amtrak station in Vancouver leaving at 11:30? Has anyone taken the Amtrak train using bus service from Vancouver, B.C. to Washington state in the US?

And is the return location the Port of Canada in Vancouver? Seems difficult to find where HAL lines dock.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thoughts....

• don't worry about where the ships dock in Vancouver... the Pier berths have you exiting the same doors.
  • 11:30 train????? I think the afternoon trains depart around 5:35pm. Except for the 6:30am train.... everything else is a bus.
    http://www.amtrakcascade.com/Schedules.htm
  • Also research the Quick Shuttle that meets you at the cruise terminal and takes you downtown Seattle and/or the airport http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

Yes will have lots of time to get to the train/bus station - hell if you walked you would still have lots of time - it's about a ten minute ride from Canada Place to the bus/train station.

HAL docks on the west side of Canada Place.

xlxo - the OP states in their opening post that they are using the bus service and not the train.

I have used both the train and bus service many times - if you could change your plans and take the evening train you will get a much better scenic view of the great Pacific Northwest than the drive down the I-5.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Dennis

Yes will have lots of time to get to the train/bus station - hell if you walked you would still have lots of time - it's about a ten minute ride from Canada Place to the bus/train station.

HAL docks on the west side of Canada Place.

xlxo - the OP states in their opening post that they are using the bus service and not the train.

I have used both the train and bus service many times - if you could change your plans and take the evening train you will get a much better scenic view of the great Pacific Northwest than the drive down the I-5.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis! We are planning to take the bus to Washington because the train we will be boarding across the US leaves the same day. If we took the later train out of Vancouver then we would have to book a hotel night in Washington before another train leaving the next day. We will be on the train for two days so we can make due with the bus to Washington. :D

Sounds like the Empire Builder to Chicago - taking it so many times I know the stops as well as some of the conductors.

Will be taking it again twice next year to get to Boston and Miami for cruises.

I don't fly so Amtrak has become my method of transport to get to US cruise ports.

Cheers!

Dennis

Sounds like the Empire Builder to Chicago - taking it so many times I know the stops as well as some of the conductors.

Will be taking it again twice next year to get to Boston and Miami for cruises.

I don't fly so Amtrak has become my method of transport to get to US cruise ports.

Cheers!

Dennis

Yes! That is the train we will be taking. We have a roomette (everything else was sold out). Hoping we enjoy the Empire as much as the cruise. My parents took the Empire and recommended it so we will take that to Chicago then the City of New Orleans to our stop. Looking for to our first HAL cruise and our first cross country train.

Taking a train to Boston and Miami both for cruises... lucky! :D