Corfu cruise stop must sees

eden6776

Hi there

Our cruise stops at Corfu in April for the day. I plan to take a quick look around the town with my children..just a few hours to get a taste of the place and buy some souvenirs. We dont want to spend too long off the cruise ship.

Are there any must sees? Any good shops or sights you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Mouse Island

Do-able by Public Bus No. 2A from San Rocco Square to Kanoni (5 Euro All-Day Ticket). You can also take the Public Bus No. 2A from just in front of the Old Fortress (technically on the road in the middle of the park between the Old Fortress and Spianada Square). You can take the public bus also (No. 15) from the Port to Old Town and back.

Here's a link to the Public Bus website:

http://www.astikoktelkerkyras.gr/indexeg.php

We have rented cars (right at the port) on 3 visits...and simply driven all over the island. I think we managed to cover nearly the entire island on two visits. There are some very picturesque places (ii.e. Kaiser's Throne) and a few OK beaches. We just enjoyed driving and exploring the island.....away from the congested Corfu Town. As to Corfu Town, it has the usual shopping and plenty of restaurants/cafes, but is really nothing special. I recall we paid about $50 for a small rental car (there are several agencies located right at the port) which is a pretty good price for an all days tour :).

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your replies..all helping with the planning!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I went to Corfu with my husband last year but the kids are coming this time too. Dependant on the age of your children, they may like the little train route which is probably what we will do.

It's cute and relatively inexpensive. Although short - seems to only last 25 mins, if done at the start of the visit it would highlight areas to walk to and explore.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g662629-d4987784-Reviews-The_Wooden_Town_Train-Corfu_Town_Corfu_Ionian_Islands.html

There's also the standard hop on hop off bus tour from city sightseeing.