Xingang Port to Beijing on your own

TERRYTRAVELLER

Has anyone walked off the ship in Xingang and took public transportation and the Bullet Train to Beijing and if so, how do you do it? I've read that there is a bus that will take you to Tanggu Station but I can't find any info. Also, just to muddle the waters, I just read that Tanggu Station is closed until further notice because of an explosion at the port. If it's closed, what stop do you go to? I'm sure someone has done this on their own....any help would be appreciated.

Tanggu is no longer the terminus of the high speed line with the recent opening of Yujiapu Railway Station. You should be able to take bus 513 out of the cruise terminal to avoid the taxi mafia there. Looks like cruiseportwiki has been updated with new info and lots of links.

Tanggu is no longer the terminus of the high speed line with the recent opening of Yujiapu Railway Station. You should be able to take bus 513 out of the cruise terminal to avoid the taxi mafia there. Looks like cruiseportwiki has been updated with new info and lots of links.

Thank you for this information and direction. I have found any information that I have found contradicts itself with the next bit of information I get. I did try Cruiseportwiki but looking at it today, it was just updated. Thanks again and any further information that you or anyone has, will be helpful to me and I'm sure others.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there, did anyone here on this thread catch the bullet train from Tianjin to Beijing for just the day? We are considering it, but are worried about making it back to the ship on time for sailaway. The first day in port we're going to see the Great Wall and this would be for the second day. We've been told by Chinese friends to avoid rush hour because the traffic is horrendous.