Sanya China - What to do ?

nast

• 1 month later...

Haven't been there yet - but, on the southern part of Hainan Island off the Chinese mainland, southeast of Hong Kong & easy sailing off Hue, Vietnam. It's been referred to as Hawaii East, once a quiet & tranquil fishing village, popular for the wealthy middle class for vacations & getaways - luxury hotels & beachfront hotels - a 100 meter Guan Yin (buddhism) bronze statue on an artificial island.being one of the landmarks ... attracting plenty of visitors with tourism dollars.

Also referred to as Moscow East with a steady flow of Russians, signage in Cyrillic & Chinese everywhere. Be prepare to cough up $$ money to sightsee as what I've heard from friends in HK. Flights are relatively expensive via mostly PRC flagged carriers, along with long distance/bullet trains to this premier resort ... popular for weddings & honeymooners, etc. Tripadvisors have reviews, pictures & ideas, etc. on what to do.

From what I can see - checked a few websites - taxis are metered & available and rates considered inexpensive & reasonable for short distance (to cruise ship pax on a day stopover) As for RMB or currency (CNY) exchange & ATM, not clear, but might be better to obtain some ahead of time at other major Asia cities or airport ForEx counter, just in case as it's commonly available, i.e. while docked in HCMC, Vietnam or Hong Kong or in Singapore.