Viking Rhine TV

MadcityTravelers

Hello - Traveling from Amsterdam to Basel on Viking Kara in 5 days!!! We are huge Wisconsin Badger fans and have our fingers crossed our team will make it to the NCAA Elite 8 šŸ€ The game will be shown on TBS or CBS; obviously the time will be late night/early morning. Do any of you have info on what channels are available on the ship. Thanks and ON WISCONSIN šŸ˜€

As 'Nova fan, last year I was unable to stream the championship and had to settle for following on Twitter. You might want to research what outlets might be streaming games.

Ā 

Ā 

You won't get any US networks on board.

Ā 

Ā 

You may also discover that that connection speeds don't support streaming.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine rented a wireless hotspot for his river cruise and was streaming an Alabama football game when he found out that his "unlimited data" plan for the hotspot contained some fine print explaining how unlimited wasn't really unlimited. If you're interested in this route, Tep is one provider. They run about $10-$12 per day.

Verizon allows you to use your regular voice + data in most of Europe, with no roaming charges, for $10 per day, only charged for those days you actually use it. You do have to enable TravelPass on your account.

Ā 

FS, does T-mobile charge a similar daily fee, or is it all covered under your usual plan?

FS, does T-mobile charge a similar daily fee, or is it all covered under your usual plan?

Ā 

With T-Mobile, it's all included in the basic charge ($100 for my wife and I with two phones). All data and texting are included, and calls from Europe cost $0.20 per minute. This isn't just Europe. jpalbany just got back from a Uniworld cruise in India, and his T-Mobile free data worked there as well!

In 2014 we were on the Danube trying to follow the UConn Huskies in the Final Four (both men & women). We ended up following all 4 games on game tracker since we couldn't stream them. Be ready for some late nights! BTW we're on the Kara 2 weeks after you.

With T-Mobile, it's all included in the basic charge ($100 for my wife and I with two phones). All data and texting are included, and calls from Europe cost $0.20 per minute. This isn't just Europe. jpalbany just got back from a Uniworld cruise in India, and his T-Mobile free data worked there as well!

Ā 

Wow, that's a great deal! Thanks for the info.