Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Are laundromats common in Copenhagen?

Does Sweden use Kroner also?

If I take the train into Sweden, will I get my passport stamped?

Thanks in advance, Eileen

Can only help with one of these but re money Sweden does use kroner but they are Swedish kroner which is not the same as Danish kroner.

Yes they are the one, they are very reliable and the drivers are very friendly.

I can provide some more links to other companies if you want to.

Thank You very much! :D I am very happy with their quote and will use them. I know you cannot hire a taxi to go into Oceankaj but I believe the minibus will be alright, to come onto the pier to get us. I also wrote to the limo company but it was a little more expensive.

Are laundromats common in Copenhagen?

Does Sweden use Kroner also?

If I take the train into Sweden, will I get my passport stamped?

Thanks in advance, Eileen

1, Yes they are common, tell me where you are staying and I will try to find the nearest to your location.

2, As pointed out, the Swedish and Danish kroners are 2 different currencies (and so is the Norwegian)

3, Most likely not.

Any info on Dalle Valle? Appreciate any info about this restaurant...

I have only been at their restaurant in City2 in Høje Taastrup once so I have a very limited experience with them.

The food was very good for the money payed, Dalle Valle is one of the cheaper Cafe/Restaurant chains in Denmark.

But the waitress was very confused, maybe she was new in job :D

According to the review site trustpilot they get a 3,4 out of 10 so maybe I just have low expectations to what I get served :D

I have got a different question about Copenhagen, please.

We have been to Copenhagen before and thought of renting an electric bike this time to explore the city a bit more thoroughly. Bycyclen.dk offers electric bikes for rent but I somehow couldn't find out if there is a station near Ocenkaj where our ship, the Koningsdam, will dock.

Oceankaj is not very convenient, as we found out during our earlier visits if you want to avoid The HopOn-buses and shore excursions!

Thank you for your answers and help.

Grat news.

BC Hospitality Group that runs Crowne Plaza, Bella Sky (AC Hotel) and Marriott will run a shuttle between Oceankaj and the 3 hotels on 65 selected days during the cruise season.

Prices are 125 kroner for adults and 75 for childrens.

I will see if I can find more info about departures, travel time, what until what ages they are childrens etc etc.

Btw its the same company that runs a shuttle from the airport to their hotels.

Thank you, this is great to know as we will be staying at two of those hotels! I'm wondering if a taxi would be cheaper for five adults though...at 125 kroner pp that is 625 kroner total, do you have an estimate of a taxi fare to/from those hotels and the port?

A quick look at the schedule shows that each line runs every 40th minute so that gives a 20th interval all the day.

They generally start at 06:25 from Teglholmen each morning and runs until about 21:00.

Thank you for the information, Danish viking. You are very kind to answer so many queries from us bewildered strangers.

I'm going to look for the "old" Copenhagen Thread, but while I continue to do research, I'm going to pose my question. Thank you so much for your assistance: I will be in Copenhagen for 2 nights late July 2017

*I have a very inexpensive hotel reserved - Cabinn Metro, but don't really have any idea where it is located in relationship to touristy stuff. We are staying 2 nights post cruise, with 2 days to explore. Third day we are taking the train from Copenhagen to Hamburg

So, I'm willing to pay a bit more for a hotel that is VERY centrally located for tourist stuff, especially if I'm going to be paying cab fare to get from my cheap hotel to the touristy stuff.

Or can anyone tell me how good the public transportation is. I can see if my hotel is near any public transportation which could make it easy to get to touristy stuff. I've used public transit in London, Paris and Italy. So I know I can do it, just like to be somewhat prepared

Also, who knows, maybe I picked a cheapo hotel that is close to something. But I highly doubt that.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you

You're right--the Cabinn Metro is not close to attractions such as Tivoli, Nyhavn, Stroget, or Rosenborg Palace. The public transportation in Copenhagen is very good, so there's likely to be a way for you to get into "touristy" Copenhagen from that hotel, but wouldn't you rather just be able to walk?

For a budget-friendly hotel that's within walking distance of the afore-mentioned sights, look at the Wakeup Hotel Borgegade. We stayed there a couple years ago and were able to walk to these tourist sites. It's also close to bus and Metro lines so we used public transportation to get from the airport to this hotel and from the hotel to Oceankaj.

You're right--the Cabinn Metro is not close to attractions such as Tivoli, Nyhavn, Stroget, or Rosenborg Palace. The public transportation in Copenhagen is very good, so there's likely to be a way for you to get into "touristy" Copenhagen from that hotel, but wouldn't you rather just be able to walk?

For a budget-friendly hotel that's within walking distance of the afore-mentioned sights, look at the Wakeup Hotel Borgegade. We stayed there a couple years ago and were able to walk to these tourist sites. It's also close to bus and Metro lines so we used public transportation to get from the airport to this hotel and from the hotel to Oceankaj.

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately I've seen the Wakeup Hotel Borgegade mentioned a few times on this site and I've periodically checked the availability, but my dates are sold out.

So, I've found a couple other budget hotels around Tivoli Gardens - Would this be an OK location so that we are closer to other touristy things. One I found is Cabinn City (it's in the budget I like) We are doing so much on our trip, that our hotel in the cities we are staying in are where we really want to save a few dollars

The Cabinn City is a much better location than the Cabinn Metro. As it is close to Tivoli Gardens (less than a 10 minute walk), you are appreciably closer to the tourist area of Copenhagen. (The Cabinn City was actually one of the budget hotels we looked at booking in Copenhagen.)

You might also consider the Hotel Bethel. It's right at Nyhavn.

Both Wakeup Hotels has been very popular being occupied 90% of the time.

That's the reason they are building a 3rd one with 580 rooms but that will first open next summer.

But the same chain is opening the Steel House hostel this summer, the double rooms there has about the same quality as Wakeup and Cabinn.

This one is located next to Vesterport so its in a good location as well.

I have already posted this, and then realised it was the 2016 site!

Thank you to Danish Viking for all his very useful posts and replies. We are sat in Oceankaj, Copenhagen and have just checked in to start our Baltic cruise on Regal Princess. We used all of the instructions to get a bus from our hotel, changing in Norreport to bus 25. All went smoothly for us but three american ladies got on afterwards, two sat across from me, their third friend who got on last sat behind, and suddenly shouted "my purse is gone". The long and short of it is that she was a very small lady with a big case, someone had helped her put her bag on the bus, and as she knew she had her purse from the point she got on the bus it was it seems taken then.

I helped her to speak to the bus driver, to check if there is CCTV on board, there is at the door, but the driver said the police never follow up on that, and that the same thing, of people getting things stolen as they get on the bus, in his words "it happens thousands of times a day".

We all know we need to be careful with our things, but I am just writing this as Copenhagen is probably considered a relatively safe European city. We need to be careful as there are problems in all cities!

The bus was great, but be careful as always when getting onto a busy bus when you have a lot of things to watch out for!

Its always a good thing to take care of your things no matter how safe the city is.

Copenhagen, like any other european city is swarmed by many Romas and other Eastern europeans that comes to the city and steal and beg for money.

Hi Danish Viking,

I want to say thank you! You are such an amazing person to help us all out.

I have another question. As I'm really just delving into all my research. I've been looking at the train from Copenhagen to Hamburg. I'm traveling with a teenager and his grandmother. We want to try something different, thus the train that goes on a ferry.

My question is, where is the train station in relation to the Airport. Or better yet, in relation to Cabinn City Hotel. I've put into the bahn train booking engine Copenhagen Airport as my starting location. Want to pick the right starting point.

Also, I noticed we will have to change trains at least one time shortly after our initial boarding. The system first showed me something where we had 9 minutes to get to next train. I then found one that gave us like 25 minutes. I think this is better for us. How difficult is it to change trains. It looked like we would have to go from a platform 1 to a platform 6. Are platforms generally close?