Dead Sea visit while in Israel

Shadow9612

Can anybody comment on an excursion to the Dead Sea either with a cruise ship or external tour company from Jerusalem?

I'm a bit confused on where the better area of the Dead Sea to go is - i don't want to have to walk 25 minutes from the 'beach' to the 'water' (if this can be avoided), which I'm understanding is the case in the northern parts?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

The sea is right by the road & facilities at Ein Gedi, just north of Herod's hilltop fortress at Masada (spelling?) - brilliant elevated views of the Dead Sea from the fortress, which is accessed by a cable-car.

Google (and google images) both, and take a tour which combines the two.

JB :)

Can anybody comment on an excursion to the Dead Sea either with a cruise ship or external tour company from Jerusalem?

I'm a bit confused on where the better area of the Dead Sea to go is - i don't want to have to walk 25 minutes from the 'beach' to the 'water' (if this can be avoided), which I'm understanding is the case in the northern parts?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

We did a ship tour to the Dead Sea when our ship docked at Haifa in April. They took us to a Hotel there where there were changing facilities, lockers and showers. Walk from the hotel was about 3 minutes. Don't get the water in your eyes cause it stings! It was a really great unforgettable experience. We also did Masada on the 2nd day as it was Holy Week and Jerusalem would have been really busy. Masada was pretty good too but a long drive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums