transportation from Berlin to Warnemunde

P&M_LTC

HI,

MY wife and I are taking the Regal Princess Cruise throught the Baltics in May 2017. We are starting from Warnemunde, GE on 14 May. We will be arriving in Berlin at Schonefeld AP (SFX) on the 14th at 11:40 and need to be at the dock before 7 PM. What is the best mode of transportation from SFX to the dock?

Thanks

P&M :)

There are trains but the trip will take 4-5 hours. According to Google Maps, the most direct is to take the RB14 to Berlin Central Station (32 minutes), then take RE 4360 to Rostock (2 hours 42 min), and transfer there to the S1 train to Warnemunde (21 min). Flixbus also provides inexpensive bus service between your airport and Warnemunde, but I don't think the schedule will work for you. They have one departure at 11:10 which is too early for you, but the next one isn't until 15:10 and the arrival time for the latter bus is 19:25.

They have one departure at 11:10 which is too early for you, but the next one isn't until 15:10 and the arrival time for the latter bus is 19:25.

since 19:25 will be too late for the OP, I suggest getting a Princess xfer.

HI,

MY wife and I are taking the Regal Princess Cruise throught the Baltics in May 2017. We are starting from Warnemunde, GE on 14 May. We will be arriving in Berlin at Schonefeld AP (SFX) on the 14th at 11:40 and need to be at the dock before 7 PM. What is the best mode of transportation from SFX to the dock?

Thanks

P&M :)

we live in Germany and I often use the trains. It is an option to go to Warnemünde, but: There is very less space for luggage. When you have to change the train, mostly you have to go downstairs, next platform to go upstairs with all your luggage. If one train is late (maybe only 75% of the trains are in time:eek:) it can be a hassle. Mostly the trains run every 2 hours (if you are lucky than there is one which run every hour, but this is not very often).:mad:

I like our Deutsche Bahn but I will recommend the Princess shuttle. Maybe it is a bit expensive, but in the chase of a lot of trafic(arround of Berlin there is a lot of trafic!), there will be no problem to get the ship!

Enjoy your cruise

Hi

We are a group of 4 persons taking the same route in July and since we are pressed for time we opted for private mini van transport. The journey will take slightly less than 3 hours.

It is not cheap because it will cost us approx. Eur280.00 each way.

If you require further details hereunder is the link

http://www.tourshuttle.com/

bon voyage

• 5 months later...

How did this work for you? Our group of 4 will be going from TXL to Warnemunde next August?

Hi

We are a group of 4 persons taking the same route in July and since we are pressed for time we opted for private mini van transport. The journey will take slightly less than 3 hours.

It is not cheap because it will cost us approx. Eur280.00 each way.

If you require further details hereunder is the link

http://www.tourshuttle.com/

bon voyage

Hi bconley351

The trip from Waremunde to Tegel Airport took us slightly more the 2 hours on Sunday. If you do not encounter congested traffic or road works you will probably make it in the same time.

Enjoy your trip

Regards

Noel

• 9 months later...

Hi,

We are coming into Berlin via SXF Airport for a Cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway May 12th 2018 to Scandinavia and Russia. Norwegian does not provide transport from that airport. We are not excited about taking the train. Does know of any other reasonable sources of transportation to the ship from this airport?

Thank you!

Hi,

We are coming into Berlin via SXF Airport for a Cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway May 12th 2018 to Scandinavia and Russia. Norwegian does not provide transport from that airport. We are not excited about taking the train. Does know of any other reasonable sources of transportation to the ship from this airport?

Thank you!

The train journey is wonderful and as a country service it's not crowded. Both terminals are very easy to negotiate but I guess that depends on your ability to handle your own luggage. Post this on your roll call. You'll probably find others wanting to share a van.

Hi,

Thank you!

Hi,

If you are ok with driving yourself, just rent a car at the airport and drop it off in Warnemünde at the cruise terminal. The rental drop off is at the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checked on renting a car from airport to Warnemunde, the price is reasonable. How is the drive, lots of curves or hills? Are all the signage in German? Thanks

We rented a car in Berlin and drove up to Warnemunde about three years ago. We drove up the day before so we could do some sightseeing at Ludwigslust and Schwerin Castle, then spent the night in Wismar before heading over to Rostock and Warnemunde. It was a lovely drive, the roads were very good, and IIRC very easy to follow the signage. Since we took our time I can't say how long the drive will take straight through, but I wouldn't worry about getting lost. We dropped the car off right in the parking lot outside where we entered the cruise terminal.

However, if you're heading straight from the airport to the cruise terminal, that kind of defeats the purpose of renting a car, which to me is the freedom to look around. I'm sure the car would be cheaper, but you don't really have a lot of time so the ship's transfer or a private shuttle would be a safer bet.