Is Princess Shore Excursion "Best of Stockholm" worth the money?

Would appreciate comments on whether the Princess "Best of Stockholm" shore excursion is worth the money. At $210 per person it would be our most expensive excursion on our upcoming Northern Europe cruise and I want to make sure it's worth the expense. Thanks in advance.

I've yet to come across a cruise line shore excursion that was "worth it" that couldn't be found cheaper elsewhere or with a little bit of research We did Stockholm on our own as tbh you're not there long enough to really appreciate the city. We limited ourselves to the Vasa museum (I see Princess only allocate an hour!) and Gamla Stan. You can easily walk between the two. If you dock at Nynäshamn on Mon thru' Sat just take a train - on a Sunday or if you want to ensue that you won't miss departure, take the "Stockholm on your own" tour...

Edited by BritinSoCal
damn sticky keyboard!!!

There is excellent public transportation available in Stockholm. If you are docking directly in Stockholm, you can easily tour the city on your own (we did with a 3 year old in tow). The downside - no guide, which some people would miss. The upside - you get to visit exactly what you want and stay there as long as you can. also, please try to get to Vasa asap, since they limit admission to protect the ship and you want to avoid standing on line.

My husband is 76 years old so due to some health issues we prefer to take excursions rather than branch out on our own. I found another less expensive excursion which includes the Vasa Museum, Gamla Stan and the Royal Armory so we'll be taking that one instead. It will hopefully give us the highlights that we are most interested in seeing. Thank you very much for your comments!

I have limited mobility but in Stockholm we bought a travel card and used the buses, tram and ferries. The transport system is excellent and there was hardly no walking. We visited Gamla Stan, Vasa Museum and rode the bus and ferry. In the Vasa Museum the entrance included a guided tour in English.

The travel pass included unlimited travel and was cheap. I think it was the equivalent of about 12 USD each.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have limited mobility but in Stockholm we bought a travel card and used the buses, tram and ferries. The transport system is excellent and there was hardly no walking. We visited Gamla Stan, Vasa Museum and rode the bus and ferry. In the Vasa Museum the entrance included a guided tour in English.

The travel pass included unlimited travel and was cheap. I think it was the equivalent of about 12 USD each.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

that sounds interesting as my husband also has limited mobility

did you pre purchase this pass or buy when you got there?

that sounds interesting as my husband also has limited mobility

did you pre purchase this pass or buy when you got there?

We took the bus from the cruise terminal to a metro station and bought the pass there. We used our CC to buy the bus ticket at the bus stop.

The transport system was very easy to use. The drivers and other passengers were all very helpful. We liked Stockholm a lot.

We took the bus from the cruise terminal to a metro station and bought the pass there. We used our CC to buy the bus ticket at the bus stop.

The transport system was very easy to use. The drivers and other passengers were all very helpful. We liked Stockholm a lot.

thanks that's very helpful

we hope to dock in Stockholm but seems to be hit or miss whether go to Nynashamn instead so need to have alternative plans

good to know the public transport system is disabled friendly