Flam or Skjolden

Matthew1381

Hello - I am looking at Norway cruise ship itineraries and am undecided which port would be a better and interesting place for a visit.

Celebrity Line's - Silhouette has Flam as a port of call whereas RCL Independence of the Seas visits Skoljden.

What would I be missing if I choose either one ? I am unable to find a cruise that takes in both places !

Thanks in advance

I have not been to Skjolden, however Flam was our favorite stop on our cruise. (Mostly due to the beautiful sail in and sail out., as well as the excellent train up and bike down adventure) Looking at the map, it appears that these two would be very similar in terms of the sail in. I don't know for sure, but perhaps they would be similar stops. Likely can't go wrong with either. Note that we had two ships in Flam and it is a very small town, so things were pretty crowded in the afternoon. Maybe Skjolden would not have two ships at a time???

Good luck....

Flam has the amazing Flam railroad, plus we had a wonderful excursion with Fjordsafari to visit a beautiful goat farm. We had a wonderful lunch including local goat cheese. You can combine this with a hike and boat ride. I haven't been to Skjolden so I can't compare. We also really liked Geiranger and Olden (the Loen skylift is amazing)