Grosvenor Hotel in London

Colbey

As you can guess from the address, it is near Buckingham Palace and handy for The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey etc.

Also convenient for Victoria and transport to Southampton.

It is as good as anywhere as a tourist base.

We just stayed there in August and were very pleased with our experience. We reserved an Executive King room which included full breakfast as well as access to the Concierge Lounge. Lovely on both counts! The hotel is actually attached to Victoria Station (train station) but you wouldn't know that from the quiet lobby. Highly recommend for central location, too!

Large, very grand railway hotel, which was extensively refurbished a few years ago (and moved by the owners from their Thistle brand to become a Guoman). The public spaces look opulent, I understand the actual rooms are more 'corporate' and some of the standard ones can be small (as usual in London!) I have friends who have stayed there and loved it.

One of the main bars used to be the First Class waiting room for the station and overlooks the concourse.

Location is very convenient. Attached to Victoria Station for trains and tube, a few minutes walk from the Coach Station and around 10 minutes walk to Buckingham Palace/20 minutes to Westminster Abbey.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You need to be more specific with the address as there are a few hotels in London with similar Grosvenor names.

This is a good point, although the OP was spot on with the name. There are also the JW Marriott Grosvenor House (which visitors frequently truncate to the Grosvenor, causing confusion with the Victoria hotel) and the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square.

I'd always add "at Victoria" to avoid confusion, even though this one is actually just 'the Grosvenor' :)

I have not stayed at that hotel but in the area near Victoria Station. Great location, a lot of restaurants and walking distance to so many sights. As in any city, just be aware of your surroundings. I would definitely stay there again....

You need to be more specific with the address as there are a few hotels in London with similar Grosvenor names.

Yes. Years ago my sister and I arrived from the states jet lagged and sleep deprived. Sis had made the rezzes at Marriott Grosvenor Square (this is before internet) and she is a bit of a flake. When driver asked for location all she could remember was Grosvenor. So we tried to check in there. For a few minutes I was VERY impressed that she had booked us such a nice place for the money, lol. So back in the taxi we went!!!

Can anyone give me any advice on the Grosvenor Hotel in London. Yes, I know it is expensive. What about location as far as sightseeing, places to dine and the hotel environment,etc.?

Stayed there in 2013 and we loved it. Best breakfast! Also, the Asian restaurant in hotel was very good. HOHO bus stop right in front of hotel. Walking distance to Buckingham Palace, etc. and restaurants. Stay away from the Bag O Nails pub. Would go back again.