No more paper signing for UBP drinks

GUEST080219

I hated signing the receipts. This was especially true of the fact they had the full price on them and then a space for a tip and then the total. I quickly started just putting slashes through those fields.

I believe they do it for some kind of accounting purposes. If they monitor the UBP charges collected vs how much they ring up they can tell how much money they made.

As for cash tips? OMG I was shocked to see how appreciative the bar staff was for just a dollar or two. They also remembered you. There were times the bar was three deep and the bartenders would greet me and asks me if I wanted my usual. The few extra dollars was worth it!

Op1

If NCL did that, they'd charge a "power on/off" fee of $.99/receipt...plus 18%. ;)

And probably many Americans would even tip additionally on that, too, amirite? ;)

But yes, this is a really good improvement. The Celebrity way is much more convenient imo.

Edited by El_Rolfo

You've already paid 18% gratuity on your UBP.

Yeah, thats not what he asked.... some of us like to leave more thank the 18% on drinks from time to time like for the walk around service at the pool, when the pool bar is jammed busy and they still sling great cocktails, etc.

and its not 18% per drink with the UBP, the bartenders only recieve the daily UBP allotment from the # of packages purchased onbaord that day...so basically every drink over drink #5 means they get less and less % that day.

If I ask for receipt and add $1 to each drink I get. Will each $1 tip show up on my final bill? that's how I keep track on carnival but never been on NCL before. thx.

Yes each $1 tip shows up. At least on our sailing Nov 15 - 22 on the Dawn...We did still have to sign for our drinks.