Is Getaway Thermal Spa Pass worth it?

sjh422

...Also.....make sure u go and do the free drawings for spa credit. I won 150 towards any spa service....I got a massage/scrub combo and paid the difference.....So go for it![emoji106]

Is this drawing for anyone or just those who get the pass? If its for everyone where do you sign up/enter?

Is this drawing for anyone or just those who get the pass? If its for everyone where do you sign up/enter?

It's for everyone! It's on the first day....go straight to the Spa and ask for the drawing tickets. You must be present to win. They called a few names but they never showed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm cruising on the Escape this January and have never used any spa services aboard NCL. My whole travel group is planning to book a massage (couples massages :) ) and we're wondering - when you book a spa service does that grant any use of the thermal suite before or after your massage?

Crossing fingers it does

I'm cruising on the Escape this January and have never used any spa services aboard NCL. My whole travel group is planning to book a massage (couples massages :) ) and we're wondering - when you book a spa service does that grant any use of the thermal suite before or after your massage?

Crossing fingers it does

Unfortunately NO. You have to buy a day or weekly pass or stay in one of the spa rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
for those that have used the spa (esp. on the Getaway), how does the "check-in" work? I've heard you get a sticker on your key card or a wristband (or just walk in because they don't pay attention to you). I don't want to have to carry much (or lose anything-I do that a lot lol). I'd be the only one getting it so hubby would be back in the room to let me back in

When I had a spa balcony on Epic, ( Three times) They gave me a wristband

I was on the Breakaway in late October from NY to Bermuda. We got a day pass for the last day. It was money well spent, especially given how cold it was at sea that day. Great way to relax on your last day.

I don't know that I would get it for the entire trip, especially if the weather is nice, since I would much rather be outside.

Op1

I was on the Breakaway in late October from NY to Bermuda. We got a day pass for the last day. It was money well spent, especially given how cold it was at sea that day. Great way to relax on your last day.

I don't know that I would get it for the entire trip, especially if the weather is nice, since I would much rather be outside.

Op1

I agree! I had a sore throat and burning eyes after a week. I bought it with the expectation of poor weather.

• 3 months later...

Just off the Getaway last week...

The Getaway spa has a wonderful pool with several different "stations" for all types of water massage, a dry sauna, a sanarium (kind of halfway in humidity between a sauna and a steam room), a steam room, and a salt room. All were co-ed in the main area. It also has the heated tile loungers and cushioned loungers. Finally, there was a nice bar set up with fruit/cucumber infused water, hot water for tea, and fresh fruit (oranges, apples, and pears). Locker rooms had towels and robes.

Was it worth it? For me, yes, especially when you consider that you get access for the week for slightly more than the price of one service. However, I was also on the Dawn with a spa pass, and I'm not sure the Getaway's was worth the $60 price difference - the Dawn had a nice lap pool (not really as swimmable as the name implies though), similar water therapies, cushioned loungers, and the water/tea area. The steam rooms and sauna were in the locker rooms, and were smaller. Essentially the $60 difference was for the heated loungers, salt room, and sanarium. It was busy the first sea day, and the afternoon we were in Costa Maya, but otherwise, I never had trouble getting a lounger.

It's not included with spa services, and they say the passes are limited. I don't think they sold out on my trip though, because they were still taking people on tours the second day. I've heard they only offer day passes if the weekly passes don't sell out.

I purchased the spa pass before the sailing to save $20.

I felt that I had to go once a day.

I went for about 1/2 hour.

I liked the thalassotherapy pool and steam room. Not sure the salt room did much for me.

I liked the heated tile lounges but was put off by people leaving a towel on it to "reserve" it. There were plenty of lounges if people would just be more considerate.

I liked having the locker room available and being able to shower in in the health club.

I would get it again.

Spa1_zpsbmjl8a1i.jpg

Spa2_zpspi7cim3j.jpg

Spa3_zpstptwdbfn.jpg

I purchased the spa pass before the sailing to save $20.

I felt that I had to go once a day.

I went for about 1/2 hour.

I liked the thalassotherapy pool and steam room. Not sure the salt room did much for me.

I liked the heated tile lounges but was put off by people leaving a towel on it to "reserve" it. There were plenty of lounges if people would just be more considerate.

I liked having the locker room available and being able to shower in in the health club.

I would get it again.

Spa1_zpsbmjl8a1i.jpg

Spa2_zpspi7cim3j.jpg

Spa3_zpstptwdbfn.jpg

Was there day passes available?

What is the salt room? Also do they give you any kind of scrubs to rub on your body in here?

When I sailed on Epic in the spa mini-suite they gave us the scrubs for the body when we boarded... they came in small jars and also a small loofah......They also had the large jars of scrubs at the entrance to the locker rooms.....but no containers ..I am not sure if they only provide the scrubs because we booked the spa cabin....I am also cruising the getaway and purchased the spa pass already because of how much I loved it on Epic....Saving the extra 20 bucks was to me a great deal along with not feeling the need to head straight to the spa to purchase when I board.

I used the scrubs in the sauna on Epic and noticed that it made a real difference in my skin...it was so soft...I am hoping they will offer these scrubs on getaway....one was a sugar scrub...nice and sweet smelling and the other was a salt scrub with a citrus smell....I asked the spa attendants for the scrubs and they got them for me ....maybe asking them when you get to the spa area for the scrub will do the trick....

I was just on Princess for my last 2 cruises and the Spa showers were wildly different on the Caribbean and Royal Princess ships.

The doors to the showers on CB were "lightly frosted" - I'm just going to call them CLEAR - so everyone could see you, in all your glory (or not !) There was total privacy in the showers on the Royal. ( And their Thermal Suite is AMAZING and DOES come with salt scrubs, mixed just for you by an attendant)

I'm wondering about the level of privacy on the Getaway. Nobody should have to see me naked, not at 64 and after 2 c-sections. I know I could just go back to my cabin and shower (like I did on CB) but I'm traveling solo and I hear those solo showers are too small to even shave your legs in !

If you've used the ladies locker room in Getaway's TS, any info you have would be welcome.

When I sailed on Epic in the spa mini-suite they gave us the scrubs for the body when we boarded... they came in small jars and also a small loofah......They also had the large jars of scrubs at the entrance to the locker rooms.....but no containers ..I am not sure if they only provide the scrubs because we booked the spa cabin....I am also cruising the getaway and purchased the spa pass already because of how much I loved it on Epic....Saving the extra 20 bucks was to me a great deal along with not feeling the need to head straight to the spa to purchase when I board.

I used the scrubs in the sauna on Epic and noticed that it made a real difference in my skin...it was so soft...I am hoping they will offer these scrubs on getaway....one was a sugar scrub...nice and sweet smelling and the other was a salt scrub with a citrus smell....I asked the spa attendants for the scrubs and they got them for me ....maybe asking them when you get to the spa area for the scrub will do the trick....

I'm not on the Getaway until 2/17, so if you're on before me, let me know if Getaway does the scrubs like Epic. The citrus scrub is so wonderful on your feet ! I hope they have it on Getaway.

I was just on Princess for my last 2 cruises and the Spa showers were wildly different on the Caribbean and Royal Princess ships.

The doors to the showers on CB were "lightly frosted" - I'm just going to call them CLEAR - so everyone could see you, in all your glory (or not !) There was total privacy in the showers on the Royal. ( And their Thermal Suite is AMAZING and DOES come with salt scrubs, mixed just for you by an attendant)

I'm wondering about the level of privacy on the Getaway. Nobody should have to see me naked, not at 64 and after 2 c-sections. I know I could just go back to my cabin and shower (like I did on CB) but I'm traveling solo and I hear those solo showers are too small to even shave your legs in !

If you've used the ladies locker room in Getaway's TS, any info you have would be welcome.

Hmm, I guess most guys wouldn't care. There's a reason why dorm and gym showers in most men's bathrooms and locker rooms used to consist of one big shower room. Nowadays, individual stalls are mostly the norm. Although I actually prefer the translucent doors. At my gym there were always lines for the showers. The stalls used to have full length plastic curtains and I'm convinced that men took their time and probably more than a few indulged in a little self morning delight. They switched to the "clear" translucent doors, and now there is never a wait. LOL :p

We didn't get the spa pass when we were on Getaway, we have little kids and I guess we don't have the luxury of being able to fully enjoy the spa to its fullest to make it worth it, even if we put them in the kids club for two hours or so. Don't plan on getting it on our upcoming Escape either.

I wish that Getaway and Escape had free steam rooms and showers in a locker room attached to the gym, and that you didn't have to get a spa pass to use them. On other ships I always work out in the morning and use the shower in the gym to avoid fighting for the bathroom with my wife and kids. And a steam is good for purging the toxins from too much food and drink!

Hmm, I guess most guys wouldn't care. There's a reason why dorm and gym showers in most men's bathrooms and locker rooms used to consist of one big shower room.

I wish that Getaway and Escape had free steam rooms and showers in a locker room attached to the gym, and that you didn't have to get a spa pass to use them. On other ships I always work out in the morning and use the shower in the gym to avoid fighting for the bathroom with my wife and kids. And a steam is good for purging the toxins from too much food and drink!

LOL, when I was young and lovely and living in Tampa, I joined a nudist colony, so I'm no prude, I just had a thing about tan lines. I simply want to shower and dress w/o an audience ! I'm always amazed at how many women in locker rooms are not one bit self conscious, but look at how many old women, young women and girls wear bikinis who shouldn't. I'd love to be "eye deaf" enough to do that, but I've not got Alzheimers yet !

I can't believe that they don't have a sauna, locker room and showers attached to the gym ! Now I have to go check the deck plans for the gym. I won't be using the ellipticals unless it rains and I can't walk on deck but I do use the weights and machines.

If I might make a suggestion so you two could enjoy the Thermal Suite, it would be to Tag Team with your wife and the kids. You would never be in there together, but maybe you would both benefit from "me" time.

Thanks for your response. I almost blew hot coffee, still laughing too.

warm regards,

Kristine

I think it depends on what you are looking to get out of your cruise If you love

constant action and lots of people, you might not use it. If you love to get away from everyone and love peace and tranquility, you will LOVE It. We had a Haven Suite and used it all the time.

Were they even in the spa or or where to be found?

Did you move their towels or go tell the spa folks about such nonsense?