NCL's Staggered Embarkation NOLA

okcruiseaddict

First time sailing out of NOLA and with NCL. When I registered it automatically assigned me the latest check in time. I have a 5 year old who is so excited waiting till after 2 will be very difficult. If I show up early like around 11 AM will I really be turned away as the paperwork indicates? Any advice is appreciated! Trying to make a game plan.

First time sailing out of NOLA and with NCL. When I registered it automatically assigned me the latest check in time. I have a 5 year old who is so excited waiting till after 2 will be very difficult. If I show up early like around 11 AM will I really be turned away as the paperwork indicates? Any advice is appreciated! Trying to make a game plan.

I've not heard of anyone having to wait until their 'assigned' time.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the port arrival time for embarkation especially from those that have been given 2pm. The responses have been that there has been no enforcement of the times on the edocs. However who knows when NCL and/or the port authorities will decide to enforce the time on your edocs.

As the saying goes "You pays your money and you takes your chances"!!

Turn up when you want to and hope that they are not enforcing the stated time.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Mike

While they are trying to stagger arrival times to minimize the check-in time for people, it would be hard/impossible to enforce. There are folks like us who go directly from the airport to the port. Got nowhere else to go. We have only been on 1 or 2 cruises with a printed check-in time, and we ignored them.

Last cruise (which did not have a printed boarding time) we showed up at the Port of Miami a few weeks back just shy of 10 am. The security checkpoint and check-in opened a bit after 10:30, and boarding started at 11:30.

Five years olds have no concept of time but they do understand rules. Tell your child that you have been told when to arrive and it's a rule and that's the end of it. The only reason they will get in a tizzy over it is if they follow your lead.