Upsell fairy, four days before embarkation!

numberguy

Just finished an upsell transaction with NCL directly, after they e-mailed us offering to switch from a forward-facing Oceanview to a Balcony for $100pp. We snapped it up. It's not a cancellation/rebook, we keep our totally free UBP, and we're right next to the aft elevators.

Now my fear is that our first balcony will spoil us. Oh, and this is on the Escape, departing this Saturday.

--Michael

Congrats! Which deck? If it helps, we were on the Escape 3-day in a balcony near the aft - 12272. It had a bed by the balcony. If you're on deck 12, perhaps that will help you determine the bed-by-door-or-be-by-balcony question. :)

Just finished an upsell transaction with NCL directly, after they e-mailed us offering to switch from a forward-facing Oceanview to a Balcony for $100pp. We snapped it up. It's not a cancellation/rebook, we keep our totally free UBP, and we're right next to the aft elevators.

Now my fear is that our first balcony will spoil us. Oh, and this is on the Escape, departing this Saturday.

--Michael

Gotta love it when that happens, congrats and enjoy your cruise and balcony and yup... you'll be hooked!! :D :p

--Michael

Congratulations!

Congrats! Which deck? If it helps, we were on the Escape 3-day in a balcony near the aft - 12272. It had a bed by the balcony. If you're on deck 12, perhaps that will help you determine the bed-by-door-or-be-by-balcony question. :)

I'm on 13

Similar experience last night for our upcoming cruise Sunday on the Getaway. Called for the $50 pp upgrade from an Oceanview Gauruntee to a Balcony Gauruntee. It seemed that as I was calling the prices were in the process of being dropped and got the upgrade for free and got to keep my two perks (UBP, SDP).

The part that makes me even more excited is that today I checked the reservation and saw we were assigned an aft-balcony. So if anyone has any info on 14876 on the Breakaway/Getaway it will be greatly appreciated.

--Michael

I'm on the Escape this Saturday as well, I've been watching my inbox wishing for an up sell email...but no luck:(

I'm on the Escape this Saturday as well, I've been watching my inbox wishing for an up sell email...but no luck:(

I think if I were in your shoes, I would give NCL or your TA a call to see if an upsell is available. Probably a free upgrade would not be possible that way, but ya never know.:)

--Michael

Have a great cruise. Congrats on your upsell!!!

Geri

I think if I were in your shoes, I would give NCL or your TA a call to see if an upsell is available. Probably a free upgrade would not be possible that way, but ya never know.:)

Thank you, I searched for the up sell phone number online. Called and got upgraded from inside to balcony for $100 each. Since I'm also doing the Getaway the following week, i asked if any upgrade was available for that cruise. She said sales are very good so she wasn't sure if I could be upgraded. I was put on hold for a couple of minutes then offered an upgrade from inside to balcony for $150 each.

I took them both:)

• 3 weeks later...

And final report on this wonderful sailing/upgrade:

We got to keep our UBP, the sofa was by the balcony, and they allowed us to keep our extra Latitudes points for booking more than nine months in advance, so we're now Platinum! YAY!!!

--Michael

--Michael

We got one too but from a balcony to a haven for $500 per person for our cruise this weekend.

Hope you enjoy your balcony!

Edited by NJScrapper

We got one too but from a balcony to a haven for $500 per person on the same cruise.

Enjoy .... only days left!

Actually, the original post was from about three weeks ago. We disembarked on Dec. 5, but I wanted to let people know about keeping the Latitudes points.

--Michael