Coutryard Penthouse on the Epic - but which one?

Phyllis Flipflop

We're looking at dipping our toes into The Suite Life for the first time and will be sailing on the Epic soon.

Before I decide whether to take the plunge or not, can anyone help me with which is better? The choices are between 17005, 17008 and 17011. I've Googled and searched and I'm thinking that some have an enclosed solarium type balcony is that correct? We want to be able to sit outside - can anyone assist with information or recommendations? :)

We're looking at dipping our toes into The Suite Life for the first time and will be sailing on the Epic soon.

Before I decide whether to take the plunge or not, can anyone help me with which is better? The choices are between 17005, 17008 and 17011. I've Googled and searched and I'm thinking that some have an enclosed solarium type balcony is that correct? We want to be able to sit outside - can anyone assist with information or recommendations? :)

is of 17005 and all three have the same balcony

Edited by bnorris10

We're looking at dipping our toes into The Suite Life for the first time and will be sailing on the Epic soon. Before I decide whether to take the plunge or not, can anyone help me with which is better? The choices are between 17005, 17008 and 17011. I've Googled and searched and I'm thinking that some have an enclosed solarium type balcony is that correct? We want to be able to sit outside - can anyone assist with information or recommendations? :)

We were in 17003 last month (next to 17005). 17005 has a solarium balcony since it is forward facing and it is the way to eliminate the wind.

We LOVE forward facing balconies (even if they are enclosed). The 180+ degree views are spectacular. The solarium balconies are enclosed. There are windows that open for fresh air (and picture taking). The enclosed balconies have their own thermostat to control the air conditioning.

So,,, you options are a view or an open balcony. If the objective is to sit outside, the door to the Haven gym is right outside 17005 which leads down into the courtyard with loungers, mini-cabanas, hot tubs, saunas, and steamrooms. Or, just down the hall is the steps up to the posh club with the private 2-level sun deck and bar.

We were in 17003 last month (next to 17005). 17005 has a solarium balcony since it is forward facing and it is the way to eliminate the wind.

We LOVE forward facing balconies (even if they are enclosed). The 180+ degree views are spectacular. The solarium balconies are enclosed. There are windows that open for fresh air (and picture taking). The enclosed balconies have their own thermostat to control the air conditioning.

So,,, you options are a view or an open balcony. If the objective is to sit outside, the door to the Haven gym is right outside 17005 which leads down into the courtyard with loungers, mini-cabanas, hot tubs, saunas, and steamrooms. Or, just down the hall is the steps up to the posh club with the private 2-level sun deck and bar.

Thanks so much for your reply, the info is really helpful. Did you enjoy your Epic Haven experience?

Thanks so much for your reply, the info is really helpful. Did you enjoy your Epic Haven experience?

The Haven experience was great! And it is a wonderful time to be on the Epic. She came out of a 3+ week dry dock about a month ago. All of the carpets, tiles, and bedding in he Haven suites are brand new.

Take advantage of the concierge to get you to the front of the line for precilla, Burn the Floor, and Cirque dreams. Spend time in the Posh Club in the sun and a (mostly) no-wait bar. And make sure your butler knows what you like or dislike.

On port days, rather than rushing around, we had our butler bring breakfast to the suite. There are breakfast cards, but basically put anything you want on the cards and the butler will bring it right on time, white table cloth in hand. Not on the menu, but I ordered a filet steak and eggs with a side of bacon and a Diet Pepsi for breakfast. Not in the menu, but my DW ordered egg white omelette with spinach and tomato.

3e5ba6eaecec10d4e2caadd0ef84b453.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels