Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

The renovations on the Gem are taking place as I write this. Just as any hotel, the Gem will have the construction during certain hours as to not disturb many passengers. Cabins will remain vacant around surrounding renovation area also.

The sailings these next couple of weeks will still be able to enjoy the menu that Blue Lagoon offered in the Orchid Garden, during the day and in the Aft part of the buffet during the time Orchid Garden is actually open.

The renovation area is completely enclosed and from what I was able to see yesterday morning they are moving along very nicely.

The passengers are kept up to date on where dining for the Blue Lagoon menu is offered in their Freestyle Daily.

This is very exciting as O'Sheehans is coming along nicely and from what I was able to see will look beautiful.

I tried attaching the photos here, but they seem to post very small. Tips are welcome how to make them actual size.

Dawn

IMG_7061.jpg.9e4a1e436bc78cb9345014bf19d030e5.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg.3977e0a31cece1b94dba0f857167dccf.jpg

I think I posted the pictures of the new furniture in Spinnaker a few months ago.

Just in case someone missed it, i will post it again.

Dawn

Thank you for taking the time to report back and for the pics. Looking forward to these changes for my January cruise.

do you think it will be done by jan 30?

I'm on same cruise, see you onboard. I like the fact that you can now make MDR reservations in advance. Just logged into my NCL and booked 8 nights. My DW and I get two free dinners in Le Bistro or any specialty restaurant $20.00 or less. so I'll book those when I board.

The renovations on the Gem are taking place as I write this. Just as any hotel, the Gem will have the construction during certain hours as to not disturb many passengers. Cabins will remain vacant around surrounding renovation area also.

The sailings these next couple of weeks will still be able to enjoy the menu that Blue Lagoon offered in the Orchid Garden, during the day and in the Aft part of the buffet during the time Orchid Garden is actually open.

The renovation area is completely enclosed and from what I was able to see yesterday morning they are moving along very nicely.

The passengers are kept up to date on where dining for the Blue Lagoon menu is offered in their Freestyle Daily.

This is very exciting as O'Sheehans is coming along nicely and from what I was able to see will look beautiful.

I tried attaching the photos here, but they seem to post very small. Tips are welcome how to make them actual size.

Hi Dawn

Go to this site ond follow the instruction

http://tinypic.com/

Edited by Orleanscruiser

you're welcome

we were on the gem Oct 27 to Nov 7 , They were working on the emission scrubber on deck 14 are thy finish installing the scrubber?

Pretty sure they are doing working on it. The wall may take a bit of time to get it perfect.

Thanks again for your help!

Dawn

Thank you for taking the time to report back and for the pics. Looking forward to these changes for my January cruise.

This will be my fourth cruise. a friend of mine is his first cruise. I am 42 and he is 50. I don't know where to find email to talk on side. also do you jbow anything going to happen on super bowl sunday? i heard they do hamburger hot dog and beer with big screen like in the theater.

Definitely join roll call

Great way to meet fellow cruise critic passengers

We were on the Gem for Super Bowl a few years ago

They showed the game all over the ship

We opted to watch the game in Bliss

They had hotdogs chicken tenders etc Great lively atmosphere

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone from our Dec 1/14 cruise roll call has been in contact with the concierge on the GEM and the concierge is stating that the rock climbing wall will still be closed during our sailing :( :( :(

Sorry about he rock climbing wall. But we're more excited that O'Sheehan's will be completed and Moderno moved.:D..Never ate in O'Sheehans so we are looking forward to that.

Hope it's really completed by our 12/1 sailing..........:)

Edited by UandMe4Ever