Too many UDP changes! Need 2/1/15 Terms & Conditions--Please Help

excitedtocruise

I have called my TA, I have called NCL--NO ONE seems to have the Terms and Conditions of the UDP from by booking of 2/1/15. As things change with the dining on NCL I think having those T&C, will be very important for my upcoming cruise on 1/2/16 on the Escape. So Please if ANY one has those, I would really appreciate it.

Forget the t& c you don't need it. We had UDP on Pearl last week and had UDP for 11 nights. You get access to any specialty restaurant and you do not even have to pay upcharges for lobster or other extra dishes. UDP is no longer available on NCL but if you got it as a promo you are very lucky. You should make reservations at least a month in advance. Enjoy.:)

Unfortunately, it looks like things are changing 1/1/2016. They now have ala cart pricing in the main dining rooms. Would be nice just to have this as back up. According to our UDP, we should be able to order everything off our menu, for an example at Cagney's, and only get charged an extra charge if we order a extra entree. But then again, we were suppose to get Dinner Show free on embarkation night, and that went to the wayside too. Things are changing so fast with NCL and their dining I just can't seem to keep up. This is my 5th cruise with them, and things get more confusing. Would be nice to have.

You can find the terms on some TA sites if you search the web for "Freestyle Choice Plus" and "2/1/15". The NCL site still has the terms, but they are combined with a CAS offer so it might confuse the front desk if for some reason you have to show them the terms.

Anyway, the UDP part of the terms stated the following:

Ultimate dining package:

*Available for Ocean View and above categories only.

Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants.

Dining Package excludes Chef’s Table, Ocean Blue, Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato.

A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront).

Entertainment based dining is excluded (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium).

The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 20% for those who choose the package.

Entertainment based and Chef’s Table dining will not be discounted. Additional main courses in Cagney’s, Le Bistro, and Jefferson’s Bistro will be charged at $10.00 per person.

Guests who chose the UDP can reserve the embarkation day performances at no additional cost.

If you compare this to current terms of the UDP (here), it's actually better for you to let them give you the new terms in some situations (for example 25% discount in à la carte venues under the current terms instead of the 20% that your booking conditions offered). But if you want to get the embarkation day Supper Club performance for free, you have to show them these terms from February (and be prepared to insist).

Edited by hawkeyetlse
forgot NCL link

I'm in the same boat(lol) as the original poster. We purchased our cruise reservation in January 2015. Luckily we were able to get a number of perks and one of them was the UDP. I am seeing the charges and have some questions.

1. If we choose to eat in the Main Dining Room, do we have to pay the extra charges for the Lobster, prime rib, etc.

2. When eating at a specialty restaurant, are we limited (even though it states unlimited) to 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 desert, etc.

3. What upcharges, if any do we have to pay at LeBistro, Cagney's?

I think that's about it. Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know if anyone has answered that question on the Escape threads, but the UDP is advertised as offering "Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants" so I see no reason to expect them to honor it in the MDR for the new upcharge items.

In the included specialty restaurants, you are limited to one main dish (at Le Bistro and Cagney's, not 100% sure about La Cucina), but you can order multiple starters, sides, and desserts for no extra charge with the UDP. A second main dish will cost you $10.

Moderno is all you can eat. I don't know about Teppanyaki, if they will let you order more than one serving of meat for no extra charge.

Thanks for the help....I have done so many searches for my booking date..I can find the January one and the late February one, but nothing starting on February 1. I would like to have the one that states "booking window...." It was extended into February from January. I guess after 4 cruises with NCL and things changing faster than I can type, I might just need that for multiple reasons....the $10 charge for an extra entree, is one I can think of right off the bat. Haven't decided if I want to fight the battle of the Dinner Show free on the eve of embarkation yet. I have no idea how any working in the dining rooms on an NCL ship can possible keep everything straight.

It has always been $10 for an extra entrée (in Le Bistro and Cagney's). That has not changed this year, so you will not find any terms from February 2015 that say you can have 2 entrées for no extra charge.

As for the embarkation day entertainment dining, I called several times and the first few times it was obvious that the person didn't know what I was talking about, or I could tell they were not going to work with me. Finally I got someone who said "I know exactly what you are referring to" but they still had to put me on hold for quite some time while they got a supervisor to OK the reservation. It really wasn't difficult and I didn't have to show anyone any terms. NCL knows exactly what the terms were when you booked.

If all else fails, and you are actually interested in the first night's performance, go ahead and book it and pay for it and get them to reimburse you on board.

I have a group of 12 so went through the group coordinator, and I was told specifically "NO!", for the show on the first night. Maybe I should call NCL and get a supervisor for each individual booking to see if it will work that way. I have dealt with the Customer Service desk on NCL Getaway in January, and it went NO where. So I would rather deal with it now and have less headaches when I get on the ship. But I refuse to let anything keep me from having a great cruise vacation. It is what it is.

I don't have any experience with group bookings, but if everyone booked under the same terms, there is no reason to accept "no" as an answer if you feel strongly about the embarkation day performance. Tell them that you need their refusal in writing (since you are accountable to the other members of your group), and the letter needs to say that NCL acknowledges that they initially promised everyone in the group the free performance in the terms of their booking, and that they are now simply refusing to honor this promise.

No issues from those sailing on the Escape TA with UDP and the a la carte menus (Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina). It's working as it should. You can eat whatever you want in those restaurants for no charge. As always, extra charge for 2nd entree. That's nothing new. Otherwise, eat whatever you want.

I have called my TA, I have called NCL--NO ONE seems to have the Terms and Conditions of the UDP from by booking of 2/1/15. As things change with the dining on NCL I think having those T&C, will be very important for my upcoming cruise on 1/2/16 on the Escape. So Please if ANY one has those, I would really appreciate it.

I found the following in Post #11 of CC thread (Good thing I took a screenshot of T&C for UDP):

Here is what NCL currently displays for UDP terms:

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Now you punch that into the way back machine and you get this:

`

https://web.archive.org/web/20150601000000*/http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Now find the date you booked and click the previous entry. There you are. T&Cs from when you booked. Print them and keep with the rest of your paperwork.

MY NOTE: You have to scan down that page to "Specials" then click on "Freestyle Choice Promotion" then scan all the way to the bottom to find the link to your "Terms & Conditions". Click on that and confirm your deposit date is within the dates at the top of the webpage.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I still don't have one for my booking window dates, but within 3 days. I don't understand how under the T&C, they can have that the day of embarkation the dinner show is free, then a few months down the line, say no, we changed that. Seems like bad business practices to me. Some people will say oh well, but when traveling with 12 people that $25.00, that equals $300.00 for a show that we thought was going to be free. Also, I know that this has been covered but according to our T&C, all items in Cagney's should be covered is the "Surf and Turf"? Not that it really matters, it all will probably be changed by then anyways. But I wouldn't let this ruin my cruise, just doing some planning, so there will be no surprises on the ship.

Also, I know that this has been covered but according to our T&C, all items in Cagney's should be covered is the "Surf and Turf"? Not that it really matters, it all will probably be changed by then anyways.
Yes, things could change between now and January, but currently it looks like the UDP includes any of the entrées on the new à la carte menu at Cagney's on Escape, including the most expensive ones at $25 (king-cut prime rib, 32oz porterhouse, lobster, veal chop, surf & turf). But only one per person per meal.

Did I read correctly the UDP is no longer offered?

I have the Haven booked for 6 in an H4 and we all have the package for each night of our cruise along with UBP but thats just passengers 1-2 (last year it was for all passengers over 21). This sailingnis for August 2016 but booked as soon as the window opened so almost two years ago.

I also booked a couple months ago the Haven for two people but although we have UBP, our UDP now stated for four nights.

Really only nees/want the dining and beverage to make it an all inclusive for me but I wasnt aware the new promo do not even have UDP any longer. What, if anything, is in its place?

I also booked a couple months ago the Haven for two people but although we have UBP, our UDP now stated for four nights.

If it is only for 4 nights (and your cruise is longer than that, 7-9 days I guess), it is not the UDP, but an SDP. These are the dining packages that replaced the UDP.

If it is only for 4 nights (and your cruise is longer than that, 7-9 days I guess), it is not the UDP, but an SDP. These are the dining packages that replaced the UDP.

Thank you. Yes, its the Breakaway for 7 nights. My August 2016 sailing we didnt even need to pay the tips on top of the package but think I did for the October sailing I just booked.

Thank you.

I reserved the UDP on February 8th. I have the original email confirmation from my TA which includes all terms and conditions for the Freestyle Choice promotion. Because it contains personal information, I don't really feel comfortable forwarding the entire email, but I can copy and paste the T&C if it helps.

Terms and Conditions:

Offer is valid for new bookings made February 1 through February 28, 2015 on select 3+ night sailings only. Not valid on Hawaii, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, Pacific Coastal, and Repositioning cruises. Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify. Offers are valid for all guests in a stateroom unless otherwise specified.

Onboard Credit offer is per stateroom, in US dollars and will be applied to first and second guests in a stateroom. Exact amount of Onboard Credit is dependent upon the category selected, available in all categories. Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.

Kids Savings are Kids Sail 50% Off up to Kids Sail Free on select sailings. Offer is per stateroom, and available for all categories. Valid for third through eighth guest sharing a cabin with the first and second guest paying full fare. When savings are Kids 50% Off, full deposit is required. When savings is Kids Sail Free, no deposit is required for guests sailing in third through eighth berth.

Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available for Oceanview staterooms and above categories, and includes unlimited dining at specialty restaurants, excluding Chef's Table, Ocean Blue, Carlo's Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar and Gelato, as well as A la carte priced restaurants (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront) and entertainment based dining (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium). The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 20% for those who choose the package. Entertainment based and Chef's Table dining will not be discounted. Additional main courses in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Jefferson's Bistro will be charged at $10. Guests who choose the UDP can reserve the embarkation day performances at no additional cost.

Ultimate Beverage Package is available for Oceanview staterooms and above categories, includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $10. Includes fountain soda and juice, non-alcoholic beer, and 15% gratuity on the package. For sailings 3/1/15 through 4/15/15, the Ultimate Beverage Package is only available for guests 25 and older. A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board. Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations. Does not apply to the Ice Bars, or varieties of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer over $10. Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza Coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines. All 3-8 guests will receive a soda package.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional. Cancellation Fees apply. Every effort has been made to produce this info accurately; we reserve the right to correct errors. This offer may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Additional restrictions may apply.

Oh my gosh, this is what I was looking for, THANKS!!!! Hopefully I will be able to print it off and bring it with me. Trying to decide if it is worth the huge fight ahead to get the "dinner show" free on embarkation day. It would save $300, for the 12 of us. Thanks again I really appreciate it.

Oh my gosh, this is what I was looking for, THANKS!!!! Hopefully I will be able to print it off and bring it with me. Trying to decide if it is worth the huge fight ahead to get the "dinner show" free on embarkation day. It would save $300, for the 12 of us. Thanks again I really appreciate it.

Print it and take it with you for sure! I had such a hard time in June I finally got someone from NCL to help me and she booked it for us. Call and book it!

You can read about it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189558

Thanks to monkeybone and the many other people who have taken the time to fight with NCL over this during the last several months, I think it is probably easier now to get a phone rep who is aware of the issue, won't give you the run around, and will just say "OK, let me put you on hold while I call my supervisor".

NCL knows that they promised you a free performance. The only way they can try to weasel their way out of this is by saying that the Supper Club show is not specifically mentioned. But the final statement about embarkation day performances is completely general, so it applies to all entertainment dining.

To me....worth the fight! If nothing else its the principle of the thing. I would be on the phone all day for the $ 300 savings, since was included in the original booking.

• 3 weeks later...

As an update to this, now that we are back from our cruise, I spoke too soon earlier in this thread when I said that it was relatively easy to get NCL to honor the free embarkation day performance under the early 2015 UDP terms. :(

As I mentioned before, I managed to book Cirque Dreams for free on the first night, but after we went to the show, they charged us full price for it (and the price is now almost $50 per person for premium seats :eek:). So basically I had to start all over on board, with several different employees, trying to get what NCL promised us. And it was not easy. In the end they did remove the charges, but it was very time-consuming and frustrating and disappointing and I truly regret ever bothering with this show.