What were your haven requests?

bnorris10

I requested and received crab cakes benedict to be delivered for my breakfast. Delicious. We also requested the French press coffee from the Haven dining room as we didn't like the Lavassa coffee. Our butler asked if we liked cheesecake. Yes! Everyday after that we have 3 of the heavenly cheesecake that comes from O'Sheehans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can we request a dessert from the MDR be served to us in the Haven Restaurant on the Getaway? I love the dessert souffles:D

You can always ask your butler to serve MDR food in your stateroom. Not really sure how well a souffle will survive a trip up from the main galley, but you can always ask.

There was another recent thread on this topic. You can always ask the Haven Restaurant staff for anything. They may say "yes" and they may say "no". I personally think that the Haven Restaurants are understaffed causing marginal service. And I have a personal opinion that all restaurant guests get impacted if waiters or kitchen staff get pulled off to do a 10-15 minute run down to the main galley to order, wait for, and bring back special orders.

You can always ask your butler to serve MDR food in your stateroom. Not really sure how well a souffle will survive a trip up from the main galley, but you can always ask.

There was another recent thread on this topic. You can always ask the Haven Restaurant staff for anything. They may say "yes" and they may say "no". I personally think that the Haven Restaurants are understaffed causing marginal service. And I have a personal opinion that all restaurant guests get impacted if waiters or kitchen staff get pulled off to do a 10-15 minute run down to the main galley to order, wait for, and bring back special orders.

I'd agree with you here. I think if one something from another venue while in the Heaven Restaurant they should just go to that restaurant before, after, or instead of the Haven.

I don't think people actually realize how they are 'working' the servers to complete their request and how it's effecting the other Haven guests in regard to their service. Or...I have to think people just don't realize it or they wouldn't do it.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

We were on the Gem so they have those great BBQs on deck on sea days. I could look down from the front windows in the villa and see the great food along with the not so great crowds trying to get some. I asked the butler to go and get some for ws, he came back with plates full of great stuff and served it on china and white table cloth on the dinning room table. That alone was worth the money.

Just wondering what requests did you make of your butler while you stayed in the haven?

On the first day I let the butler know that I prefer sweet treats (chocolate covered strawberries, chocolates, etc) instead of canapes for the afternoon treat.

I also give the butler a standing request to bring a ham & cheese sandwich every afternoon...makes for a good snack to carry me over to the nighttime meal.

At least one night during the cruise I will have the butler bring room service from Cagney's and relax with a great meal on the balcony.

I have been really lucky with my butlers. Seem to always get a great one!

I'd agree with you here. I think if one something from another venue while in the Heaven Restaurant they should just go to that restaurant before, after, or instead of the Haven.

I don't think people actually realize how they are 'working' the servers to complete their request and how it's effecting the other Haven guests in regard to their service. Or...I have to think people just don't realize it or they wouldn't do it.

Harriet

Actually asking a hypothetical with that one. Does the Haven dinner menu change daily like the MDRs? Or does it have the same menu and desserts for each dinner. We understand that the breakfast/lunch Haven menus do not change daily. On what will be our first Haven cruise we will have 4 days of SDP, plus two Platinum dinners and one from CAS so really don't know what we will do with that many options....what a problem to have:D

We requested a private dinner in the haven restaurant with our own menu. They created everything we requested and we were able to invite our friends to join us. Of course there was a additional charge for the guest and we tipped very well for the amazing service.

Actually asking a hypothetical with that one. Does the Haven dinner menu change daily like the MDRs? Or does it have the same menu and desserts for each dinner. We understand that the breakfast/lunch Haven menus do not change daily. On what will be our first Haven cruise we will have 4 days of SDP, plus two Platinum dinners and one from CAS so really don't know what we will do with that many options....what a problem to have:D

I am in the same boat in January except we have the UDP and also the two platinum dinners and CAS dinner which I understand Cas is now giving out a monetary credit toward food. And that works well for me since I can go to other places like Food Republic for lunch and use that to pay. The Haven menu remains the same, that's my understanding, for the entire cruise. Yet although I have all the other packages and perks I still would like to eat once or twice in the Haven to try their food is well. My problem? Seven days Is not long enough!

Harriet

This our first haven and curious as what the dress code is at dinner in haven restaurant.? Is it like most or more upscale dress required ?

Same as everywhere else...

You can be as fancy or as simple as you want to be.

We wore dress, skirt or nice slacks for me and slacks and collared shirt for my husband.

I also saw evening wear.

There are always at least one special at night. Really enjoyed the ambiance

Just wondering what requests did you make of your butler while you stayed in the haven?

I like plums, so requested those. We also tried BLT's on pretzel rolls. We really liked vege and cheese trays. We also switched out the sparkling wine for regular. And the poor fellow answered my call when I couldn't get the spa tub in the room to work (I was in my bathrobe- didn't faze him a bit but I was embarassed)

We offered our Spa Suite for the cabin crawl and our butler put out pitchers of flavored water, cookies, chips, candies, etc with glasses, plates and napkins. (We tipped extra for this)

Harriet

I disagree. Haven guests pay a lot of money for their cruise so they can expect superior service. And if that includes a waiter having to cross half the ship to get something special, then yes I think this should be done. It's up to the Haven Manager to have enough staff so that these kind of request can be fullfilled without causing problems for other haven guests.

This might sound a bit posh but Haven guests are not paying thousands of dollars to receive a no upon simple food requests. I'm not saying that you should ask an entire orchestra playing while you receive your meal, but small things like food from other restaurants: big yes for me. Up to now I have never had problems with these kind of requests, and ofcourse we tip according to our requests.

Edited by MiniJeffrey

I disagree. Haven guests pay a lot of money for their cruise so they can expect superior service. And if that includes a waiter having to cross half the ship to get something special, then yes I think this should be done. It's up to the Haven Manager to have enough staff so that these kind of request can be fullfilled without causing problems for other haven guests.

This might sound a bit posh but Haven guests are not paying thousands of dollars to receive a no upon simple food requests. I'm not saying that you should ask an entire orchestra playing while you receive your meal, but small things like food from other restaurants: big yes for me. Up to now I have never had problems with these kind of requests, and ofcourse we tip according to our requests.

I could not agree more with you - This is one of the few requests that should be no problem at all for them to carry out - It's not like I am asking for something impossible more or less it may be inconvenient but as you said I am paying $6000 more for this to be done and for $6000 if I want some chicken tenders from the buffet I don't see any reason why someone can't go get them for me

I guess everyone is different. Even though I'm in the Haven I simply wouldn't want to make someone go to all that extra trouble just for me when I can just eat there myself. I don't care how much I'm paying for the Haven. ::shrug::

Harriet

Just got back from the Breakaway last week (from the Bahamas to 28 degrees - thanks a bunch, Minnesota winters!). We didn't make any special requests but our butler was great at having a selection of both savory and sweet options for the afternoon snack, and a more substantial offering of sandwiches and chips on the days he knew we were off the ship. He also stocked the Lavazza machine with far more regular coffee pods after day one when we used all four and did get a few more from our cabin steward (who was also wonderful).

We ate breakfast every day in the Haven, as well as a couple of lunches and two dinners. We always had good service but exceptionally good with one specific server who we then requested each time she was working. We had the UDP so we mainly had dinners in the specialty restaurants, but the Haven was perfect the night we were in Florida as we were wiped out after running through Kennedy Space Center for six hours (far too little time there - it was too cool!). I have to say we are now spoiled for being in the Haven and will have a hard time cruising if we are not able to indulge ourselves again - for us, it really was well worth the spend.