No more paper signing for UBP drinks

GUEST080219

From today on you don't have to sign any paper slips more when ordering a drink included in your UBP package. Only for drinks over $15

First hand experience from the Sun but as hey implemented it on day 3 I guess it is fleet wide.

That sounds great and they are saving trees.

They still print two receipts, one they keep in the bar the other one gets immediately thrown away.
Why do they still need to print even one receipt, much less two? I am glad to hear they are making changes to this system, and I hope they are planning to go further than this…

Why do they still need to print even one receipt, much less two? I am glad to hear they are making changes to this system, and I hope they are planning to go further than this…

My guess is that it is just a policy change so far and they haven't changed their it-system yet

From today on you don't have to sign any paper slips more when ordering a drink included in your UBP package. Only for drinks over $15

First hand experience from the Sun but as hey implemented it on day 3 I guess it is fleet wide.

Yay! That was a pain! Sometimes we had to sign and not others.

We paid 18% on $54 per day so in a normal situation for us at any bar, that might be 5-6 drinks. I don't feel like that 18% really covers what services they are providing if you have more than 5-6 drinks. And, those frozen or muddled drinks I like are way more labor intensive and deserve a better tip.

Plus, we always tip more than 18% on just about everything. I guess that comes from working in service related fields.

We are happy with the discount we get on the actual drink costs but would never skimp on the tip for the number of drinks you have over the course of a day.

You've already paid 18% gratuity on your UBP.

I use a credit card for most vacation expenses other than tips to bellman, porters, port taxis fees or things like that. gotta rack up those southwest points! :)

We just bring lots of singles with us when we cruise, this way I know the server gets the extra tip ;)

My guess is that it is just a policy change so far and they haven't changed their it-system yet

You know how they handle the no-receipt policy on Celebrity?

A: No changes in the software, they just have turned receipt printers off and only turn them on if somebody without a package (seemed quite rare on our recent cruise) ordered something.

It's as simple as that. :D

You know how they handle the no-receipt policy on Celebrity?

A: No changes in the software, they just have turned receipt printers off and only turn them on if somebody without a package (seemed quite rare on our recent cruise) ordered something.

It's as simple as that. :D

If NCL did that, they'd charge a "power on/off" fee of $.99/receipt...plus 18%. ;)

They can do everything they need without the paper trail.

Just trust the staff to check people have the package.

The move to single receipt for groups on the ubp and running tabs rather than every drink was a move in the right direction on Escape crossing.