PVP hours

JMHAM1

I have never used a PVP before but I am having trouble finding the cabin configuration that I want. I had someone reach out to me via email just to tell me about a sale that ends tomorrow. I gave him the details of what we are looking for and my number. He was supposed to call tonight but it is after 9PM. I wanted to find out if anyone knew how late they work and if they work on Saturday?

Should I just call the 800# and just get a random person tonight. Help!

I have never used a PVP before but I am having trouble finding the cabin configuration that I want. I had someone reach out to me via email just to tell me about a sale that ends tomorrow. I gave him the details of what we are looking for and my number. He was supposed to call tonight but it is after 9PM. I wanted to find out if anyone knew how late they work and if they work on Saturday?

I don't think PVPs have set hours. Mine starts her day at 9 AM Eastern. Normally if I leave a message she will call me back within a reasonable period of time. Many of them will give you their cell number, but I think it is up to the PVP.

Absolutely, if you need immediate help, call the 800 number. That can give you mixed results though because some are more experienced than others. But if you do not get an answer to your satisfaction when you call, hang up and call back and talk to a different one.

I get the impression that they can make their own hours, but have to work a certain amount a week. But, that being said, they can be very random and not always the most convenient. If you need immediate assistance call someone else...

Thats why I don't use a PVP. I use a TA which is available any time of the day or night. I have even booked with her after midnight. :D:D:D

I usually use a TA and have for years but in this particular case, they said that a PVP may have rooms showing available that are not showing available to them. We need three in close proximity. I couldn't find two interiors across from a balcony to save my life. There is NO WAY I am putting teens on a different deck from me.

Yes call the 800# because a pvp will keep calling you at least 2-3 a week and they become very bothersome.

I called the 800 number and got a really nice PVP. We chatted and she came up with an option that I had not considered. We ended up with 3 OV's in a row...wish I had a balcony but with the kids, we probably would be too busy on deck out and about to enjoy it much.

I'm super excited now!!

Thats why I don't use a PVP. I use a TA which is available any time of the day or night. I have even booked with her after midnight. :D:D:D

Sounds like the TA my sister and I used to use. For my first trip to Europe she would only call me between 9:00pm-02:00am. She'd also want us to come to the house between those hours. I will always remember her husband coming out in a robe at 01:30am asking us to be quiet while booking airfare.

MY PVP has insane hours. 9AM to 11PM Monday thru Friday. 9 to 9 Saturday, 10 to 9 on Sunday. But he also says "If you are unable to reach me during these hours and are ready to secure your cruise reservation or have an emergency you may contact me on my cell phone at ... 24 hours 7 days a week."

It great for me, I've never called and not gotten him, and he's very responsive. But it doesn't leave him any time for himself. I guess he must love his job.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

MY PVP has insane hours. 9AM to 11PM Monday thru Friday. 9 to 9 Saturday, 10 to 9 on Sunday. But he also says "If you are unable to reach me during these hours and are ready to secure your cruise reservation or have an emergency you may contact me on my cell phone at ... 24 hours 7 days a week."

It great for me, I've never called and not gotten him, and he's very responsive. But it doesn't leave him any time for himself. I guess he must love his job.

Or he is making a ton of money now and figures lets do it for say 20 years and than retire to a life of cruising:)

For what it's worth, PVP's can be that flexible as well. Mine (who I've used for every single Carnival sailing I've done) has never let us down. I have her personal cell number and have her on the social media site that shall not be mentioned. She's given me quotes via text before when I can't take a call. So while some may have tighter hours, there are some good ones out there for sure :D

It all depends on the relationship that you have with your PVP. I am on the website all the time and only she calls when I ask her to. She usually is done at 7:00 PM Eastern, but she has taken my call after hours when I needed her.

I also try and push people to her to help her secure bookings.

You always have the option of calling the 800# but I prefer a good PVP. We travel a couple of times a year and book multiple rooms. So my PVP knows if I am calling I am usually booking, or having someone else book through her.