Price Drop - Contacting PVP

megnut78

If there is a price drop and you email your PVP and they don't get back to you right away and the price drop is gone by the time they see the email, will you still get that lower price?

I'm just worried that she's off and won't get my email until after its gone and price has gone back up.

If there is a price drop and you email your PVP and they don't get back to you right away and the price drop is gone by the time they see the email, will you still get that lower price?

I'm just worried that she's off and won't get my email until after its gone and price has gone back up.

Screenshot it or take a pic with your phone and send with the email. That way you have proof of the fare. My PVP has told me to do this when he is off or when I'm stalking Carnival at 2 in the morning and can't easily get ahold of him.

I don't understand why people think they have to wait for their PVP to get the price drop for them. All you have to do is go online and fill the form out, no chance of it disappearing before you get ahold of your PVP.

I agree with another poster, if you call into Carnival anymore they will not do the price adjustment for you, they now tell you that they will walk you through the process of filling out the form online.

Here is the link to the form:

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Isnt that the same as a Travel Agent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No really. If anything comes up to change your cruise you have to use your 3rd party TA. Carnival won't let you change anything, it has to go thru your TA. With a PVP you're dealing directly with Carnival and they have the power and resources to make changes.

Back to megnut78's question. You can miss out on the price drop if you wait on your PVP. I have seen many people on here complain of just such an occurrence.

You can certainly do a screen shot and include it with your email. That will help.

My preference is to just fill in the price protection form and submit it. Carnival is now using an automated system to process and it is really quick. On my last few forms I have had a response within 10 minutes. I had a denial on one and then just called the 1-800 number and got the OBC I knew I was due.

Please note PVP are not the people that answer the 800 numbers. The folks that answer the 800 number are CSR(customer service reps). PVP (personal vacation planners) also work for Carnival and a considered to have more expertise. TA (Travel Agents) are third party venders.

I was always told to call pvp also. And if he doesn't answer to leave a message. I usually get a call back the same day if not the next morning. And say in the message that it is for a price drop so it is handled in a timely manner.

I would not wait. I would call the 800 number if your PVP does not answer the phone.

I don't understand why people think they have to wait for their PVP to get the price drop for them. All you have to do is go online and fill the form out, no chance of it disappearing before you get ahold of your PVP.

I agree with another poster, if you call into Carnival anymore they will not do the price adjustment for you, they now tell you that they will walk you through the process of filling out the form online.

Here is the link to the form:

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

In my experience, when I submit the form online, it comes back denied. I don't think they even look at the request half of the time.

I have gotten many price drops, always by using the form. It used to take at least a day and sometimes up to 2-3 days to hear back. Now I get my reply in as little as 10-15 minutes but no more than 30 minutes. It has always been an approval, followed shortly by a new booking confirmation with the new price.

As much as I like my PVP, and as good as she is; I would not wait. Just fill out the price protection form yourself and submit it. It really is quite easy, and the response is quite fast too. I am normally too scaredy cat to try anything new by myself like that, but I tried it, and it worked. Got an positive response back in about an hour.

I have gotten many price drops, always by using the form. It used to take at least a day and sometimes up to 2-3 days to hear back. Now I get my reply in as little as 10-15 minutes but no more than 30 minutes. It has always been an approval, followed shortly by a new booking confirmation with the new price.

Just booked last week, saw one day sail and sure enough called Carnival and saved 100 dollars. Took about 5 minutes on the phone.

I submitted the forms and got a reply about an hour later. I have two rooms booked for our cruise in August and I received $480 in on board credits today!!

So glad it worked out for you! Cruise Critic advice comes through!! Yeah!

That's why I will never use a pvp.