What time will we get off the ship?

x98bjv

The Splendor docks in NY at 8am. If I'm one of the first to get off, what time can I reasonably expect to be standing outside the terminal, getting into a taxi?

Debarkation is Platinum and Diamond self debark first andthen they will start self assist debarkation by floor. We are Diamond and were out by 8:40.

You won't be able to get off the ship. As you attempt to get off the ship, someone from Carnival will approach you and tell you that you have won a free trip around the world on one of their ships! They are also going to pay all your bills for an entire year so that you won't have to worry about it. At least, that's the dream I had last night . . . . .

The Splendor docks in NY at 8am. If I'm one of the first to get off, what time can I reasonably expect to be standing outside the terminal, getting into a taxi?

The ship says they dock at 8am, but it's my experience that the ship actually is arriving into port much earlier and that the 8am time is the time they give you because that's the time they are hoping to start the debarkation process. I say "hoping" because the cruise line can plan anything they want, but customs can hold anything up too.

Good question OP. I too am interested in this. I know that things can vary due to customs, but I too am just wondering what time a "regular" (non diamond/platinum) person could reasonably expect to get off the ship. I am still hoping to do a Canada New England cruise. It helps to have an idea, so we can book an appropriate flight.

Good question OP. I too am interested in this. I know that things can vary due to customs, but I too am just wondering what time a "regular" (non diamond/platinum) person could reasonably expect to get off the ship. I am still hoping to do a Canada New England cruise. It helps to have an idea, so we can book an appropriate flight.

"Regular" self assist happens right after plat/diamond. Obviously there are variables but our two cruises out of New York, think self assist started around 9. I would think 9:30 (self assist) would be close to a guarantee you could count on. Airports are about a half hour cab ride (depending on what day it is).

"Regular" self assist happens right after plat/diamond. Obviously there are variables but our two cruises out of New York, think self assist started around 9. I would think 9:30 (self assist) would be close to a guarantee you could count on. Airports are about a half hour cab ride (depending on what day it is).

I agree with this estimate, based on my experience. Sometimes there may be a line to wait in for the taxi, so take that into consideration, as well as traffic.