Nightlight in bathroom

Halfpint012

I'm going on the valor this Saturday. I have little plug in night light I wanted to take for the bathroom but can't remember if there are outlets in the bathrooms or not. Can anybody help me out on this?

There is one outlet in the bathroom. My wife usually leaves the bathroom light in and shuts the bathroom door, enough light comes from around the door frame for her to find the bathroom at night.

There is a plug in some of the bathrooms but it says it is for razors only. I don't know if there is one of those in bathrooms of the Valor or not. However, even if there was I don't think you would be able to plug in the night light as the space is limited. Another factor is I think, but don't know for sure, the light has to be turned on for that plug to work.

Alternative options, leave the bathroom light on a bit of light escapes under the door, a flashlight or a battery operated candle. (carry on so it doesn't get confiscated as a real candle)

I don't think the outlet would work for a nightlight unfortunately. The bathroom outlets are screwy.

I used those cheap battery powered tea candle things, or just a large battery powered LED candle that lasts forever. Take some extra batteries just in case, but the candles are great and provide just enough glow during the night!

i know this is contrary to general consensus on this thread, but i know for a fact that the nightlight did work on destiny (which is now sunshine, no idea if it still would but i bet it does)...

i remember this distinctly because researching this cruise i found the 'must bring' lists here which included a nightlight, which i brought because 'i should'... it definitely did work in the little razors only outlet. ymmv.

i've seen no need to do this again, along with many of the other things from those 'must bring' lists...

Sometimes we bring glow stick necklaces , you can get a package of four at the dollar stores. Wrap them around the inside door handle, they give plenty of light and one will last all night. They also pack flat!

I, too, bring the battery operated votive candles. Works great! Enough light to see but not enough to wake you totally up :)

I'm with you - hate bright bathroom lights at night, or to be honest even fumbling for a phone/flashlight. I prefer to sleep through that nocturnal visit to the facilities :D

Although it is good to know I have the latter for emergencies! Love that app on my phone.

I always leave the light on in the bathroom, on cruise ship or in a hotel room. But sometimes I did feel uncomfortable as it was such a waste of electricity and light bulbs.

I'm going on the valor this Saturday. I have little plug in night light I wanted to take for the bathroom but can't remember if there are outlets in the bathrooms or not. Can anybody help me out on this?

There is an outlet in the bathroom, typically just above the upper right hand corner of the mirror. The outlet is connected to the same switch as the light, so when you turn off the bathroom light, you'll be turning off the outlet as well. We always take a small battery operated tap light. When I put it in my suitcase, I turn one of the batteries backwards so the light doesn't accidentally get turned on and run down the batteries.;)

I always leave the light on in the bathroom, on cruise ship or in a hotel room. But sometimes I did feel uncomfortable as it was such a waste of electricity and light bulbs.

Well if they supplied a nightlite wouldnt need to leave the light on.

Dont really want to stumbled around a pitch black cabin at night and we already bring enough stuff for our cruises.

I take a couple of battery operated tea light "candles" and turn them on before we go to bed and it's just enough light - especially since it reflects in the mirror.

I do the same..and leave them on the desk or on my nightstand. I've also used the bathroom light and just close the door leaving about 1/2 inch opened so the light shines through slightly.

Both works just fine.

We learned the hard way that the "razor only" outlets worked only when the bathroom light was on. I plugged in the battery charger for the camera. It did not charge overnight because we left the light off. :(

There is no way I could fall back to sleep after walking into a fully lit bathroom at night. What about the initial shock of the light? :eek: Add that my DH is a very light sleeper and the second of light escaping the door would surely wake him.

When I sailed with my mom, we brought a little tap light and left it on the vanity. It was very dim but provided just enough light so we didn't miss the toilet and ended up on the floor. :p

We learned the hard way that the "razor only" outlets worked only when the bathroom light was on. I plugged in the battery charger for the camera. It did not charge overnight because we left the light off. :(

There is no way I could fall back to sleep after walking into a fully lit bathroom at night. What about the initial shock of the light? :eek: Add that my DH is a very light sleeper and the second of light escaping the door would surely wake him.

When I sailed with my mom, we brought a little tap light and left it on the vanity. It was very dim but provided just enough light so we didn't miss the toilet and ended up on the floor. :p

Benefit of being a male and a balcony :eek: just kidding ;)