New FAQ

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop y and let you know that we launched a new look and feel for our FAQ's on carnival.com this morning. They are still a work in progress but think you'll already find it more user friendly. The search actually works!

Check them out if you get a chance; we'd love your feedback.

https://help.carnival.com

hi mischelle,

i obviously haven't looked over ALL of it yet, but what i've seen thus far is definitely a great improvement, both in terms of usability and the information contained therein...

kudos to carnival for updating this, which was sorely needed, and further, i'd like to say i'm glad you came here to actually announce it. i think carnival would do well to be more engaged in the cruise critic forum, we know you read it! :)

anyhow, glad to see this improvement. if nothing else it looks like it will be easier to search and provide links to people here asking questions which are... answered there :D

are these FAQs going to be updated in real-time? or near-real-time?

for instance, the wifi and hub app page:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152

it actually lists all the ships with the new wifi plans (oh my gosh!)... previously we've had to basically rely on the john heald facebook posts - which incidentally are very difficult to reference after they are made - and then re-posted here, and the FAQs were not being updated to reflect new info...

while i think this is a GREAT new start, a commitment to keeping the actually current would be a great step in the right direction, too!

it actually lists all the ships with the new wifi plans (oh my gosh!)... previously we've had to basically rely on the john heald facebook posts - which incidentally are very difficult to reference after they are made - and then re-posted here, and the FAQs were not being updated to reflect new info...

while i think this is a GREAT new start, a commitment to keeping the actually current would be a great step in the right direction, too!

Yes! This new system allows us to keep all of our information/articles in one system. In the past we had several different systems that required several different individuals to update. Obviously, the new system will allow us to provide efficient and timely updates and also will allow us to provide consistent information to our guests as we will now have a single source source of truth in our call centers.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop y and let you know that we launched a new look and feel for our FAQ's on carnival.com this morning. They are still a work in progress but think you'll already find it more user friendly. The search actually works!

Thank you for sharing this with us, Mischelle.

I'm really happy to see that Carnival has updated the Luggage Express program information.

Edited by winddawn

First place I went too!

Yes! This new system allows us to keep all of our information/articles in one system. In the past we had several different systems that required several different individuals to update. Obviously, the new system will allow us to provide efficient and timely updates and also will allow us to provide consistent information to our guests as we will now have a single source source of truth in our call centers.

well that's great news!

i've noticed some of the info previously available from other sources (shhhh) is now available there, which i think is great. i've never understood why carnival doesn't make such information publicly available, so this is a step in the right direction.

and if this new system allows '[you] to provide consistent information to [your] guests as we will now have a single source of truth in [your] call centers'... all the better!

ccl should know that the general consensus is that if the answer provided by a ccl CSR or PVP doesn't seem consistent with what one knows to be policy, the general recommendation is to 'call back, and you'll probably get a different answer'.

again, i think this is a step in the right direction, and i want to relay kudos for posting it here, and so far answering at least my one question. we're going to talk about carnival here regardless, so you guys might as well be a party to the conversation :)

Edited by falkcor

Hi Everyone,

Under the Faster to the Fun perks it still says Gold is invited to the VIFP party :confused: after all the talk on here I should think that would have been changed????

Mischelle, I think the new FAQ pages are great and more helpful. I did encounter a problem though when trying to access the "click here" part of the Camp Carnival 9-11 year old group for the 5 and 7 day cruises.

I was taken to a site run by my cable company, not a Carnival site giving any examples of the program. I tried it using google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. All search engines took me to the same site. I don't know if it's my computer or a problem with Carnival. It took me to something called dns research or something similar.

I don't know if anyone else has had this happen, but I thought I would mention it. Thanks for updating the site.

I don't think Mischelle is coming back to check this thread. She averages 10 posts per year (only 111 since 2001). ;)

Posts don't necessarily mean they don't monitor the thread.