Extra Parties?

*Ok, so before I start, I am going to say that this has NOTHING to do about the VIFP Party.*

So, without further adieu, let's get started!

We all know that Carnival has many parties and dances and contests and fun stuff like that aboard the ship to entertain guests, but I was wondering what other events/parties could they add to make it more fun? I had a few ideas in mind, and am wondering what you guys think about them and if you have any other ideas.

~First, they could have a GIANT water balloon fight for everybody who cruises during the summer (all sailings from June-August).

Good Part: Usually summer is filled with these things so why not plan one for a sea day when you can't splash your friends in the ocean?

Down Side:Some people will probably end up taking it too seriously and going rage, throwing them like 90MPH fastballs in a baseball game

~Next, they could have a Themed Party. When they send out the email saying that you've booked the cruise, they will tell you what theme of party it will be (It could be Black and White, Luau, Mascarade, Anything)

Good Part: Lot's of fun and it will be relatively easy to plan

Down Side: Possibly low attendance because people wouldn't have the appropriate attire.

Thank you for reading, and if you have constructive criticism and other ideas, feel free to share!

As Always,

~TheCriuseDirector

*Ok, so before I start, I am going to say that this has NOTHING to do about the VIFP Party.*

We all know that Carnival has many parties and dances and contests and fun stuff like that aboard the ship to entertain guests, but I was wondering what other events/parties could they add to make it more fun? I had a few ideas in mind, and am wondering what you guys think about them and if you have any other ideas.

~First, they could have a GIANT water balloon fight for everybody who cruises during the summer (all sailings from June-August).

Good Part: Usually summer is filled with these things so why not plan one for a sea day when you can't splash your friends in the ocean?

Down Side:Some people will probably end up taking it too seriously and going rage, throwing them like 90MPH fastballs in a baseball game

~Next, they could have a Themed Party. When they send out the email saying that you've booked the cruise, they will tell you what theme of party it will be (It could be Black and White, Luau, Mascarade, Anything)

Down Side: Possibly low attendance because people wouldn't have the appropriate attire.

Thank you for reading, and if you have constructive criticism and other ideas, feel free to share!

As Always,

~TheCriuseDirector

Water balloon fight = irresponsible liability.

Carnival style flash mob Conga lines would be fun and don't cost anything other than music.

Edited by winddawn

May I suggest

Dance classes tweaking 101. And right after the hairy chest contest then the crowd can break out in a flash mob twerk extravaganza !

Bring your own bloomers game! The crowd cheers for the men or ladies who bring there largest pair to show .

Buffet eating contest .

Chilled soup drinking contest.

Smell the old man game .

Make your own permanent tattoos , played right after beer pong with a tequila back.

The water balloon idea would probably get tossed because popped balloons could end up in the ocean endangering wildlife.

Theme parties could work, and for those that don't bring a costume, Carnival could provide materials to make one (at least that's what I've seen done on other cruise lines I've sailed on with that concept).

The flash mob thing is soooo 2010.

As Always,

~TheCriuseDirector

Disney has pirate night. It's super fun. But I know it cost them some money has they have characters dressed up, and have a menu and such.

water balloon fight sounds like a very bad idea, as then the balloons could end up in the ocean and killing fish.

*Setting up craft areas or games for parents to play with there kids.

*Bringing out a box/bag of blocks/legos and giving everyone a theme to make. Space would be limited but it could a sign up (free) and offered a few times.

*An outdoor playground or indoor one. Somewhere the kids can RUN and play, just be free and have fun. (That's an issue we have, no where to just run. and limited on playing WITH your kid). They have enough bars. The kids need an open spot to play.

* pj story time. who doesn't love a good story? Hell, they can be lazy/no cost and have an audio book/readalong cd.

*coloring sheets/crayons in the library

*star gazzing

*sundae making

More activities for parents & kids.

Just bring back the "Colors" game they used to do in the dining room every night. :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about suggesting a FTTF Party...

For $59 bucks you get all the FTTF perks, plus an hour cocktail party. :D

I think it's a great idea. I also went to a toga party on Costa. It was on the last night and they provided sheets and instructions. It was really a lot of fun and very well-attended.People got into it and some even wore their togas to the MDR. On RCCL, they did a white night and a lot of people came prepared for that.

Just bring back the "Colors" game they used to do in the dining room every night.

Oh $@&" NO! [emoji13]

That was the most awful attempt at entertainment. I think that half the people had no clue what they were cheering for, and those who knew, were completely annoyed by it.

I know that Carnival is all about fun, but that was not fun. That was plain and simple torture.

Oh $@&" NO! [emoji13]

That was the most awful attempt at entertainment. I think that half the people had no clue what they were cheering for, and those who knew, were completely annoyed by it.

I know that Carnival is all about fun, but that was not fun. That was plain and simple torture.

Ditto! Couldn't say it better myself!

I love the idea of a themed party! They do a little something like this when you wear white to one of their clubs. But a planned party would be fun.

As for the spelling bee, I couldn't compete because of my complete lack of spelling skills (I've been ruined by autocorrect). But I'd love to see it. I bet some of the kids as well as the more seasoned guests could do a good job of competing.

Oh $@&" NO! [emoji13]

We were on Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas when another open air jitney passed by and some guy shouted to us "GO WHITE TEAM !!! "

:eek: <-- me

Carnival currently has a "white" themed night, usually during the first half of the cruise. Those wearing white receive a discount on bar purchases in the nightclub. My family/group the past few cruises have been doing a white night on our own, and have photos taken, and this cruise we'll be doing a combination back and white or white and red night.

I think Carnival does a good job offering many options so there is something for everyone. I'm sure they have tried many things that have gone by the wayside because they didn't work.

I enjoy sea days because I like the pool activities. Others might like bingo or the art auction. My preference would be to see a few new pool side activities. I love the hairy chest contest and the last man standing. On the Liberty last summer, they had a boys vs girls contest for synchronized swimming.

What about a team trivia poolside? Wait.... Hear me out. There could be funny consequences for missed answers. The contestant answers are what make it fun. I don't like the ones on the promenade because 50 people play but they don't interact.

Disney has pirate night. It's super fun. But I know it cost them some money has they have characters dressed up, and have a menu and such.

water balloon fight sounds like a very bad idea, as then the balloons could end up in the ocean and killing fish.

*Setting up craft areas or games for parents to play with there kids.

*Bringing out a box/bag of blocks/legos and giving everyone a theme to make. Space would be limited but it could a sign up (free) and offered a few times.

*An outdoor playground or indoor one. Somewhere the kids can RUN and play, just be free and have fun. (That's an issue we have, no where to just run. and limited on playing WITH your kid). They have enough bars. The kids need an open spot to play.

* pj story time. who doesn't love a good story? Hell, they can be lazy/no cost and have an audio book/readalong cd.

*coloring sheets/crayons in the library

*star gazzing

*sundae making

More activities for parents & kids.

I love the more parent and kid games. The bigger ships have sports deck, but other than that not much. I take my daughter to towel folding and thats a bonding time for us. Wish there was more!

Would they make dinner more formal and foo foo, if we dressed up that way ? No, no one wanted to make a big deal about respecting a fancy dinner, and they dressed down dinner as we kept dressing our selves down.

People who complain about not enough stuff to do on a ship, are the same folk that don't get involved doing anything, and then complain that there is nothing to do.

I think that Cruise Critic folk should create a party-not amongst our selves like a meet and greet, but in conjunction with Carnival=there are plenty of deck parties, why not-talk someone into wearing a crown to the party, and Carnival recognizes those wearing crowns, make the existing parties and MDR dinners more themed base. Doesn't have to be formal night, but 60's night, eat like a pig night, magicians night=personally I am fine with the way things are right now.