Bottle Soft Drinks

We usually get a bottle of rum or vodka through BV. We like having our own prefered mixers for the room

If they would bring the price of cans of pop down like they did water, I would gladly stop carrying it on. I spend plenty on board and if I can save a few dollars here and there, I'll do it.

LilMISS, i am confused. You purchase a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage for roughly 2.3 times the price on land but think you save money by bringing on your own mixers?

Is it not possible to survive a fee days without your favorite beverage? I dnt get how anyone can go a week without a soda.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Depends how many days.

I don't get how anyone can't go a few days without booze or coffee, I don't drink either of those, but I do drink a lot of diet coke.

I drink ice tea, bottled water most all the time. I have a can of Pepsi maybe 3 times a week. I used to be a hardcore pepsi drinker. I have a 64oz mug i'd fill up with pepsi every day. then I got high blood pressure and had to change things. Now i fill my mug with ice tea or ice water all the time and have a pepsi a couple times or 3 a week.

Alcohol I have maybe a drink once or twice a year on special occasions

Is it not possible to survive a fee days without your favorite beverage? I dnt get how anyone can go a week without a soda.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Most weeks I drink nothing but water. But it's vacation, why not enjoy a soda?

If Carnival didn't let me carry it on, no big deal. But they do, so that's nice.

I get your point in regards to smuggling though. If it's not allowed, whatever.

For me, a cruise isn't a camping trip into the wilds where I need to bring my provisions...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine switching cruise lines over this. But to each his own.....

The dumb part of this is that you can still bring bottles of wine. CCL wants to stop people from sneaking alcohol so they punish the innocent ones and still give the alcohol drinkers a pass. I drink Desani & Aquafina water. I cannot stand the taste of Deerpark so I hope the water they are selling is good. I understand I am not a target person for CCL. They make very little extra money off of me. I spend about $500 per cruise and the majority is not on alcohol.

LilMISS, i am confused. You purchase a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage for roughly 2.3 times the price on land but think you save money by bringing on your own mixers?

Bringing my own 12 pack (2 of them since it's DH & myself) where I'm paying about $6 total vs purchasing the same amount of pop through BV which would cost $40. Yes, I do see that as saving money.

I then can make drinks on my balcony. Let's assume a 1.5oz pour gives me approx 20 drinks. So that's about $4.50 a drink. Much cheaper than at the bar on the ship.

Obviously I'm not saying I'm saving money compared to what I would pay to drink at home. Just saving a few bucks here and there on vacation.

I have never boarded a ship, any ship any line, with any kind of food or beverages. Don't quite understand the concept when I can get sodas, wine, alcholic, plenty of food either on the ship or at the ports I visit. For me, a cruise isn't a camping trip into the wilds where I need to bring my provisions and I can easily adjust my daily intake to what is available on board the ship. Also when traveling abroad I don't worry about having access to my favorites and will adjust to what each country has to offer.

I am curious if lugging things on board is a matter of money or taste or habit?

It's a matter of choice!;) Some people, myself included, like what they like and have no problem bringing it with them if it's allowed and not served on board.

I do not like diet coke at all and planned on bringing diet Pepsi on HAL next week. I had planned on bringing 12 small bottles but after reading some comments here I better switch to cans. I had also wanted to bring bottles of water as I go through several bottles a day.

I do not like diet coke at all and planned on bringing diet Pepsi on HAL next week. I had planned on bringing 12 small bottles but after reading some comments here I better switch to cans. I had also wanted to bring bottles of water as I go through several bottles a day.

you can buy water on board for $2.99 per 12 pack. its a good price.

So what would you do if they didn't allow carry-on beverages at all? Aren't you glad they DO ALLOW you to bring it on board. Not being snippy, but I often wonder if folks bring their own type of pop to restaurants while on land?

That is not a good analogy. When I stay at hotels I sometimes stop at a store and pick up some soda or beer to take to the hotel room. Same as a cruise(floating hotel). When I am at the hotel(on land), I do not take my drinks(soda or beer) down to the hotel restaurant, I only drink those in the room. You comparing bring pop to a restaurant on land makes no sense, asking people if they take their own type of pop to a hotel on land would be the correct question. :)

Due to health reason have been away from cruising for a little while. Do I understand correctly, no bottle soft drinks brought onboard or sold onboard?? If so goodbye Carnival hello Princess , Royal Caribbean, or anybody else.

On Royal Caribbean the ONLY thing you can bring aboard - according to their policy - is the one bottle of wine each - NO softdrinks at all :)

I just phoned HAL as we are cruising in a few days. I can bring my bottles of water and Diet Pepsi on board as long as they are sealed (never been opened). I don't drink coffee or tea or liquor so when others are having a drink on the balcony I enjoy a Diet Pepsi. Diet Coke does not agree with me....now on to getting my laundry done so I can be ready to go!

Not bashing. Just asking. You'd really go to another cruise line because you can't bring bottles but you CAN bring cans? I guess I don't understand...

This is Why.

Aluminum Poisoning

Aluminum poisoning affects the neural tissue and spine; it can settle in the brain where it inhibits cell oxygenation (there is a definite relationship of aluminum and Alzheimer’s disease. Officially, it’s not known whether too much aluminum leads to Alzheimer’s, or if Alzheimer’s causes your brain to hold on to aluminum).

Mucous membranes are also greatly affected by this mineral. When exposed to aluminum, the sinuses produce more mucous (trying to rinse it out?), creating sinus drainage, which can lead to sore throat and lung congestion.

Or if the sinuses aren’t draining properly, a sinus infection can be the result.

Sources of Aluminum Toxicity

Aluminum poisoning can come from practically anywhere: beer and soda cans,