Carnival Sunshine 8/8/15 8 day sailing review with pics

jimbo5544

Interesting to see the inside pictures of the ship. We were on the Sunshine when it was the Destiny so its fun to see the changes.

I also have some random ones which don't really tie to the review at all. I will post all of them that I have before I wrap up.

We awoke early as usual, we had done another sleepover with our two grandchildren that were sailing with us. After breakfast, we went back to the room and watched as we sailed into Curacao from our balcony. Our plans were to walk around town, then catch a taxi over to a time share that my daughter has, which is right next to the seaquarium. Curacao is a very interesting island with a rich history in oil production which is still evident. We found the people there to be very friendly and open. The vibrant colors are unique as is some of the bridges.

We spent about 4 hours over at the Royal resort enjoying their very quiet pool. This resort is next to the Sea aquariam. We then headed back to the ship area, where we did some wandering around and some shopping, then headed back on the ship.

The next day was to be another day at sea, before making our last port of call in Grand Turk. 8 day cruises are something we really enjoy as it gives you some time to relax, mixed in with wonderful islands. The group by this time had really settled into a cruise routine. We all enjoyed that day at sea to the max. One of our group even won the hairy man chest contest. We spent a lot of time during dinner laughing about hat and other events of the day.

After just another lovely day, we headed back to the ship about 2:30. GT is one of those wonderful ports where people stay on the beach and in the water till the last moment. There were at least 20 people in the water as the ship horn sounded. We managed to get under way only 20 minutes late.....

Was this from the Port side of the ship? we will be on Sunshine in 11 days

this will be our 50th Milestone cruise Woohoo

dot & harry

That is correct, it is from the port side. This is one port where I would find it hard to imagine facing the other way. WOW, congrats on the 50th milestone! We were discussing this weekend whether we could see the way to 50. I think you will really love the Sunshine and this cruise. Feel free to ask any questions. This is one port where I had wished I took more pictures. I should be finishing up in the next day or so.

Anxiously awaiting your review since we're doing the same cruise March 5. I always love a good picture review! 😀

I will be on the same cruise with you. Come on over to our roll call. We have a slot pull, cabin crawl, meet and greet and door decoration contest. Hope to hear from you soon.:D