Carnival, sailing out of San Juan and Dinner??

ready2cruzagain

We are on a b2b, the second part leaving from San Juan. Could someone please explain dinner to me in San Juan. We have 8:15pm dinner seating but from what I understand, on embarkation day in San Juan, everyone does ATD

What are the hours for ATD in San Juan on embarkation day? Is it like 5:30 to 8:00?? Or do we all have to go to dinner at 6:00???

I am confused.:confused::confused::o

Did the steakhouse on the first night the past two cruises from there and the time before was back in May 2009, so memory has faded. Back then, I'm pretty sure there was just early and late dining (no ATD) and we just went to our assigned dining room when we decided we wanted to eat (it was fairly late because we'd been out and about most of the day).

No, of course they don't want everyone showing up at 6 pm! It's open seating for the full time. But don't forget muster drill before sailing, so you don't want to wait too late and then have to rush through dinner.

The whole idea is to give people the opportunity to use that day as a port day. And with the late sailing, there are many people who don't fly in until later, so check-in happens pretty much all day long. You could easily not arrive in San Juan until 6 pm and still have plenty of time to get to the pier and board in time for dinner, muster and sail-away.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago and the first night is ATD. It is spaced between 6 and 8 I believe. Muster was at 9:30 so everyone had to be done by then so some people did not finish. We got there around 6:15 and had no waiting at all.

Just show up during dinner hours when you are ready to eat. We've done the cruise twice. 1x we ate in the MDR but it was sort of rushed and out of sorts and all the lights were on - VERY bright. Food was fine. 2nd time we just stayed out on the deck partying with the rest of the folks until muster. I hate that late muster. But that itinerary is so worth it!

Did the steakhouse on the first night the past two cruises from there..

Hi NCTribeFan! May I ask what time you had your steakhouse reservation? I love the idea of going on that first evening. I'm wondering if 7pm is pushing it to make muster drill or if it would be fine, or if 6:30/ 6:45pm would be better?

Thank you for your recommendation! :D

Kind regards,

SmudgeCat

-Charlotte, NC

Hi NCTribeFan! May I ask what time you had your steakhouse reservation? I love the idea of going on that first evening. I'm wondering if 7pm is pushing it to make muster drill or if it would be fine, or if 6:30/ 6:45pm would be better?

We had a 7:30 reservation and were out of there at 9 pm...plenty of time to change our clothes and grab a drink before muster.

Given how late this cruise leaves, is there even a Welcome Aboard show (or any entertainment)? What holds me back from booking this cruise is it seems as if the first night is overly chaotic and somewhat of a throwaway with such a late sail away.

Given how late this cruise leaves, is there even a Welcome Aboard show (or any entertainment)? What holds me back from booking this cruise is it seems as if the first night is overly chaotic and somewhat of a throwaway with such a late sail away.

The welcome Aboard Show is the second night. I have done this cruise 3 times and have never felt the first night as overly chaotic or a throwaway

Edited by jabberjaw070596

IMHO this is the best sail away in the business. The City and old city wall are gorgeous that time of night. It is so very cool. If you are interested in my reviews of the southern cruises there are pics of views of sail away.