Family of 4 - 2 Inside/1 Balcony

Barbluvstocruz

Hi! Curious to find out if any of you with a family of 4 have gone with 2 insides vs. a balcony and how you liked it.

We are booking the Sunshine for next Thanksgiving. Our kids will be 9 & 11. We've always booked a balcony cabin. I love the balcony, but we are debating on doing 2 inside cabins so we have more room to spread out. The cabins don't connect, but they are next to each other. We would split the boys up to sleep - hubby with one, me with one.

Do we sacrifice the balcony for more space? It's actually a little cheaper to get 2 insides.

Thoughts from anyone who's done this?

:)

I suppose the big benefit would be that with two cabins you'd have the two bathrooms - more elbow room to get ready in. Connecting insides would really be a bonus; there seems to be a few connecting 4G insides toward the front of the ship on deck 9.

Have you called Carnival to see if they can get you connecting cabins? We were able to book connecting cabins on our sailing only after calling. The website didn't give us the option.

We've had balcony, OV, and inside cabins and none of them made / broke the cruise. As a matter of fact, our most enjoyable cruise happened to be one where we had an inside cabin. If you can get two insides that connect, you'll have tons of room, not to mention two bathrooms.

Good luck!

We choose 2 inside cabins (even if they don't adjoin) over one balcony every single time when cruising with our children. For us, the extra space - and especially the extra bathroom - far outweigh having a balcony. The kids prefer it as well because it gives them their own space to watch tv (their choice of channel) or a quiet place to read during downtime.

Thanks all. I was ready to call and try to find connecting inside cabins and then I found one of the Grand Oceanview rooms and grabbed it for the four of us. Looking forward to this view...

ry%3D400

WOW! That looks AWESOME! Have a great time.

Thanks all. I was ready to call and try to find connecting inside cabins and then I found one of the Grand Oceanview rooms and grabbed it for the four of us. Looking forward to this view...

ry%3D400

Beats 2 insides every day of the week if you ask me.