Refund for Carnival Gift Cards on S&S Account?

hill6

I just got off the phone with Carnival re: the balance eon my S&S acct that was from gift cards. She said there is no refund, and I will not be getting back the balance that was remaining. I feel like I need to call back and try to get someone different since obviously others of you HAVE gotten the balance back after returning home. She was adamant that is NEVER the case. She even pulled up the folios and confirmed there was money remaining... Seems to me that is a bit like stealing since it was basically the equivalent of cash applied to the account.

Eeyore Lover ... if you go onto Carnival's website, even their policy says that it should be refunded by gift cards, so you should at least be getting THAT back! Stay on them!!

Thanks, Schoifmom! This woman was adamant that the balance was never returned. I would just like the situation resolved before I sail this Sunday :)

I just got off the phone with Carnival re: the balance eon my S&S acct that was from gift cards. She said there is no refund, and I will not be getting back the balance that was remaining. I feel like I need to call back and try to get someone different since obviously others of you HAVE gotten the balance back after returning home. She was adamant that is NEVER the case. She even pulled up the folios and confirmed there was money remaining... Seems to me that is a bit like stealing since it was basically the equivalent of cash applied to the account.

Are you sure he used Gift Cards and not Cruise Cash? Cruise Cash is not refundable.

I don't know who you talked to. But on the last night of your cruise you should have gotten a letter about settling your S&S account. And it said right on there that any money remaining left on your account funded by gift cards will result in a new gift card sent to you unless you cash it out. Accounts with balances of $5 or less not cashed out will automatically go as a donation to St. Jude unless otherwise directed by the passenger. They will not keep your money.

As the previous poster said, cruise cash is non refundable. Perhaps that is what the rep was referring to. If so, then they are correct.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Called back today and got a different person - she was totally different from the rep yesterday! She did say it is any balance under $10 that is donated to St. Judes. She was able to verify there was a balance on my mother's account that should have been returned, and will check to see if that refund was ever issued. Much better experience!